Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Dodgers Stadium menu (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=321007)

big-six 06-13-2022 05:03 PM

Dodgers Stadium menu

2 Attachment(s)
I bought this a few years back and there was no mention of a date- With the number of HOF’ers I’m thinking it was signed 6-4-1972 the day they retired Jackie Sandy and Campy’s numbers-Any thoughts? Plus any help with theses signatures would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced
Bob

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-13-2022 06:20 PM

Chuck Essegian far left of your red circle, possibly Harry Brecheen running vertically partially covered by Wally somebody

big-six 06-13-2022 07:44 PM

Wow

Thanks Scott - This site is awesome

5-Tool Player 06-13-2022 07:58 PM

this meeting of several HOf'ers .....maybe Walter O'Malley ?

Klrdds 06-13-2022 08:01 PM

Bottom is Walter F O’Malley

big-six 06-13-2022 08:14 PM

Damn

Great Information-

Thank you

BillyCoxDodgers3B 06-14-2022 08:43 AM

Essegian is correct. Brecheen is not.

It appears to be Harry Bardt's autograph running perpendicularly across the Walter O'Malley. Bardt served on the Board of Directors for the Dodgers.

Most of these autographs are easily decipherable. One that sometimes gives people problems is Chuck Stevens, who is directly to the right of Bardt.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 06-14-2022 08:59 AM

One that might give a newbie a hard time is the atypically messy Lefty Grove above Stengel.

Fuddjcal 06-14-2022 09:05 AM

I was at the game, but I was only 11. We had seats at the time on the field level 16 row D seats 7 & 8. They were a block of 4 seats on the aisle and right next to me was this old guy in a horse blanket leisure coat and tie. AND IT WAS HOT! I'll never forget My grandfather whispered in my ear, "that's Casey Stengel". He signed my program 3-times when he found out we had the same name,:D I knew the way my grandfather said it, he was "somebody" I should know. Besides the big 3 that were right in front of me. Unreal. The horse blanket that Casey had on was telling of the date I believe because had he been coaching the old timers game one time. I remember him wearing a Funny Jersey with The yankees/Dodgers and I think Mets on it too. He would have had that Jersey on instead of the leisure sports jacket and tie.

It may have been an old timers day (game) that day as well but I can't be sure? I think they were usually towards the end of June? Old timers games were also on Sunday's and we went to every Sunday home game from 1969-1975. It was not unusual to see stars like that there for an old timers game back then. Invited guests also sat on the old club level and that's where the good food was and the menu likely came from. If any of those guys had been there the day I sat next to Casey, my grandfather probably would have recognized them and told me too. He also sat next to Carl Hubbell once and got him to autograph a ball for me in those same seats, when I wasn't there during a weekday game though.

Anyway, great item!

5-Tool Player 06-20-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 2234136)
I was at the game, but I was only 11. We had seats at the time on the field level 16 row D seats 7 & 8. They were a block of 4 seats on the aisle and right next to me was this old guy in a horse blanket leisure coat and tie. AND IT WAS HOT! I'll never forget My grandfather whispered in my ear, "that's Casey Stengel". He signed my program 3-times when he found out we had the same name,:D I knew the way my grandfather said it, he was "somebody" I should know. Besides the big 3 that were right in front of me. Unreal. The horse blanket that Casey had on was telling of the date I believe because had he been coaching the old timers game one time. I remember him wearing a Funny Jersey with The yankees/Dodgers and I think Mets on it too. He would have had that Jersey on instead of the leisure sports jacket and tie.

It may have been an old timers day (game) that day as well but I can't be sure? I think they were usually towards the end of June? Old timers games were also on Sunday's and we went to every Sunday home game from 1969-1975. It was not unusual to see stars like that there for an old timers game back then. Invited guests also sat on the old club level and that's where the good food was and the menu likely came from. If any of those guys had been there the day I sat next to Casey, my grandfather probably would have recognized them and told me too. He also sat next to Carl Hubbell once and got him to autograph a ball for me in those same seats, when I wasn't there during a weekday game though.

Anyway, great item!

Great Story......times were much MORE simple back then