Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1906 cubs rooters pins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=333137)

Djcmac1 03-20-2023 08:38 AM

1906 cubs rooters pins

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all, had a question about these pins. Are they from the 1906 series and what is a good price on them? I haven’t found much info and I appreciate any help as I’m considering purchasing.
Thank you!

Wildfireschulte 03-21-2023 08:39 AM

I bought a bunch of sets about 20 years ago. I sell them at shows around Chicago for $100/ set every so often. The assumption is that they were from the 1906 WS - Cubs vs White Sox.

BobC 03-21-2023 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte (Post 2325416)
I bought a bunch of sets about 20 years ago. I sell them at shows around Chicago for $100/ set every so often. The assumption is that they were from the 1906 WS - Cubs vs White Sox.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but the fact that you were able to buy a bunch of sets of these, and that they were all supposedly from 1906 but can still look as nice as those in the photo (assuming yours are this nice as well), would cause me to be a bit skeptical about their origin and age. What's the old saying, if it looks or seems to be too good to be true..............

MK 03-21-2023 06:47 PM

I have been collecting Cubs memorabilia for many decades. These have been fairly prevalent for many years. I have never believed they were from 1906. It’s much more likely they were made later to look as if they made for the 1906 WS. There are just too many available in really good shape.

batsballsbases 03-21-2023 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK (Post 2325598)
I have been collecting Cubs memorabilia for many decades. These have been fairly prevalent for many years. I have never believed they were from 1906. It’s much more likely they were made later to look as if they made for the 1906 WS. There are just too many available in really good shape.

In total agreement Mike .. Glad you said it before me.... Never believed they were from 1906... Dont even own a pair....;);)

Wildfireschulte 03-24-2023 03:23 PM

Cubs / Sox Pins

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few boxes that I picked up 25+ years ago with the pins. There was a find in Chicago and I saw about a dozen of these boxes floating around local shows one year. There were also some pins that had red, white and blue Taft ribbons attached - purportedly from when he threw out the first ball in 1910. I sold a couple of those for $200 each. No telling what year any of them are from, but I'm convinced they are early.

ooo-ribay 03-24-2023 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte (Post 2326446)
Here are a few boxes that I picked up 25+ years ago with the pins. There was a find in Chicago and I saw about a dozen of these boxes floating around local shows one year. There were also some pins that had red, white and blue Taft ribbons attached - purportedly from when he threw out the first ball in 1910. I sold a couple of those for $200 each. No telling what year any of them are from, but I'm convinced they are early.

I agree. They’re not super attractive but I think they’re legit.