Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thinking of Trying B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=198387)

Buythatcard 12-14-2014 04:08 PM

Thinking of Trying B/S/T

There has been a lot of talk lately on the board about B/S/T. It got me thinking.

I have been selling on eBay for about 13 years and have been pretty happy with most of my results. But paying the high eBay fees and following all the anti seller rules has started to frustrate me. So, I thought it might be time to try and auction off some of my cards on B/S/T.

I have always been using the 7 day format on eBay and was wondering what is the norm on B/S/T? Also, is it strictly for baseball? What about other sports, non sports and vintage comics?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Leon 12-14-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buythatcard (Post 1354747)
There has been a lot of talk lately on the board about B/S/T. It got me thinking.

I have been selling on eBay for about 13 years and have been pretty happy with most of my results. But paying the high eBay fees and following all the anti seller rules has started to frustrate me. So, I thought it might be time to try and auction off some of my cards on B/S/T.

I have always been using the 7 day format on eBay and was wondering what is the norm on B/S/T? Also, is it strictly for baseball? What about other sports, non sports and vintage comics?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Howard
I don't think you will want to replace ebay completely but on some lower end stuff it can make sense. Just start stuff out at where you won't be unhappy if it sells, communicate well and the rest is easy. I strongly recommend you just go over to that section and read 1-2 pages of threads.. I think you will have all/most of your answers. My guess is auction times are a little shorter than normal ebay stuff. I would guess 3-5 days would be about right....but again, by going over there and looking you will get a good idea. Good luck!!

frankbmd 12-14-2014 08:09 PM

B/S/T is somewhat limited in the number of auctions you can run concurrently. I think 3 is the magic number. Running fifty auctions a week ain't going to happen without an uproar from the minions. For straight sales listing multiple cards and prices in a single thread is okay, but everyone wants their listing near the top of the board, so if such a thread continually gets bumped to the top, you might have a problem with other sellers. Available via PM for clarification.;)

GoldenAge50s 12-14-2014 09:53 PM

I completely 2nd what Leon & Frank have said! You can't replace EBay in the Auction section simply because there is a limit of 3 going at any one time.

In the other BST sections you can list several items in one thread but are still limited to about 3 threads at a time.

Other sports such as bsktball, hockey can be sold in their respective PostWar & Water Cooler sections but they don't draw the lookers that the BST section does.

I am happy listing 2-3 items a couple times a week because I'm trying to pare down my collection at my own pace, but if it's volume you require this is not the format for it.

Buythatcard 12-15-2014 03:54 AM

Thanks for your feedback. Wasn't planning to give up eBay 100%. Was just going to split things up a bit.

EvilKing00 12-15-2014 05:31 AM

As far as a buyer - I check BST every day for cards im looking for.

obcbobd 12-15-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1354937)
As far as a buyer - I check BST every day for cards im looking for.

Same here, love the B/S/T

jbsports33 12-15-2014 08:30 AM

Just try a few and see how it goes, I have been taking it slow and watching myself as I plan to use the B/S/T format more this coming spring

Good Luck Jimmy