Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why an I having so much trouble locating these Just one to go (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287148)

camaro69 08-07-2020 12:09 PM

Why an I having so much trouble locating these Just one to go

I started a set of the 1953 Nabisco back about 7 years ago.This is a multi sport set with instructions on how to play varies sports.
I understand that it is a Canadian set. But I am pretty sure there are a few Canadians on this site. Matter of fact,what few of
these I have located by way of eBay,seem to always being sold by a US seller. I am down to just one cards :D:D. . It is not like
there is any player related to the cards. So there are no stars portrayed on the cards. So if anyone has any of these laying
around in a box of junk.Than by all means PLMK.I would really like to put this set to rest. I still need one of the football
instructional cards. I can trade or buy.Either way works for me. Thanks.

1953-55 Nabisco
this is a multi sport set (looking for VG-EX-M). NEED LIST:43 Football

camaro69 09-28-2020 04:55 PM

Well I was able to locate one of the cards I needed. So only one to go.

jefferyepayne 09-28-2020 09:00 PM

Congrats on your pickup! Keep working it and you'll find the last one.

jeff

RedlegsFan 09-29-2020 01:54 AM

I think sometimes the scarce items just come and go in waves. Makes it frustrating sometimes. However i’ve found it makes me appreciate the set a lot more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camaro69 09-29-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedlegsFan (Post 2021566)
I think sometimes the scarce items just come and go in waves. Makes it frustrating sometimes. However i’ve found it makes me appreciate the set a lot more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the idea of the chase to find that last card for a set. It is the most enjoyment I get out of the hobby. And you are 100% correct.
When you finally get that last card,you certainly do appreciate the journey,and when you place that last card in that slot that has been
empty for so many years that feeling of a job well done is a wonderful feeling. Thanks for the encouragement.:)

brian1961 10-01-2020 03:21 PM

Hey Camaro69, I enjoyed reading your posts on the quest to complete a very tough set. I'm no competition of yours, but I can empathize with your hunt and search for something uncommon. You see, a few years back, I wrote a book about the immediate post-war regional / food issues, Never Cheaper By the Dozen. Your set is not in there, but the same difficulties, challenges, and extreme joys mirrors your collecting journey precisely. Wishing you the very best, sir, and I hope you track down a nice one, for your last missing card!:) --- Brian Powell

camaro69 10-03-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1961 (Post 2022215)
Hey Camaro69, I enjoyed reading your posts on the quest to complete a very tough set. I'm no competition of yours, but I can empathize with your hunt and search for something uncommon. You see, a few years back, I wrote a book about the immediate post-war regional / food issues, Never Cheaper By the Dozen. Your set is not in there, but the same difficulties, challenges, and extreme joys mirrors your collecting journey precisely. Wishing you the very best, sir, and I hope you track down a nice one, for your last missing card!:) --- Brian Powell

It has been a struggle to finish this set. But I know that the reward will be when I have it finished.Thanks.