Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Flex-Seal products (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=329130)

pawpawdiv9 12-17-2022 11:51 AM

Flex-Seal products

Have you bought any of them???
If so, explain if good or bad item.
I bought some for stocking stuffers this xmas just asking.
(the tape & spray)

bnorth 12-17-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2295088)
(the tape & spray)

I bought a 16oz can that you brush on. It worked OK but it would have been way easier to have just bought a spray can of vehicle undercoating. Maybe the spray Flex-Seal would have been better for the job.

I used it to repair the chips in the spray on bedliner on my pickup.

ullmandds 12-17-2022 12:55 PM

I love their commercials! I've tried flex seal...it worked as a caulk like solution.

jingram058 12-17-2022 12:56 PM

I used Flex-Seal to repair the roof of our Florida room (used to be a lanai or screened-in porch). Flat roof. It has held up against heavy afternoon Florida downpours and hurricane Ian with no leaks, knock on wood!

Casey2296 12-17-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2295108)
I love their commercials! I've tried flex seal...it worked as a caulk like solution.

But have you tried to make a boat out of the stuff Pete?

ullmandds 12-17-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2295123)

I tell you if only Gilligan and the skipper Had some!

ocjack 12-17-2022 03:38 PM

The spray won't stop an active drip/leak. You need to wait for it to dry first. Also, I've found that the tape won't stop an active leak either. But it will stick to your hands like crazy. Also, if you use the spray, be sure the room is well ventilated and that you won't have to be in there until the smell dissipates.

tschock 12-17-2022 04:50 PM

I've used the spray on some older gutter joints. Worked just fine.

JustinD 12-17-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey2296 (Post 2295123)

Only seems to work best if you replace the hull with a screen door.

Admittedly, been watching these commercials for what feels like 20+ years and never known anyone that used it. This is interesting.

todeen 12-17-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocjack (Post 2295165)
Also, if you use the spray, be sure the room is well ventilated and that you won't have to be in there until the smell dissipates.

I used to buy some really gnarly wood stain remover. Use only outside type stuff. They stopped selling it when people were using it wrong. One story I read was a guy used it in an industrial meat refrigerator and died from inhaling fumes. The new stuff just doesn't work the same.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

D. Bergin 12-18-2022 11:52 AM

Don't bother to try using the spray version outside in near freezing temps. Had a minor leak between the Chimney and the roof last winter and attempted a temporary fix before getting a professional in.

Soon as the aerosol hit the cold air, the whole can just clogged right up. I probably should have known that going in, but just a word of warning, depending on what you're using it for. ;)

With a previous house I was able to repair some leaky skylights when using in the right conditions. Didn't own that house very long after, so not sure for how long those repairs actually held up for. I also think I used it in combination with some roofing caulk, so wasn't depending on only the Flex-Seal for that fix.

mrreality68 12-19-2022 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 2295212)
Only seems to work best if you replace the hull with a screen door.

Admittedly, been watching these commercials for what feels like 20+ years and never known anyone that used it. This is interesting.

Just beware they might mistake it for a yacht and try to impound it and sell it

Hirbonzig 12-19-2022 09:48 AM

Haven’t used the stuff yet, but I’ll try using it to patch up a mouse hole in the garage. The mice will either eat thru the stuff or just make a new hole someplace else.

bnorth 12-19-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirbonzig (Post 2295720)
Haven’t used the stuff yet, but I’ll try using it to patch up a mouse hole in the garage. The mice will either eat thru the stuff or just make a new hole someplace else.

Fill the hole with steel wool and then paint over that. Then they will have to make a new hole someplace else.:)

D. Bergin 12-19-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirbonzig (Post 2295720)

I've found that stuffing copper coated scrub pads in voids in our siding that mice were using to get up into our attic have been effective so far. Sometimes will use a liquid foaming agent to keep then in place.

nwobhm 12-24-2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2295088)
(the tape & spray)

We have used it at my job….used it repairing damaged plastic A/C evaporator pans. We typically use the spray on after applying a fiberglass repair to catch anything missed.

The tape has a number of uses…. It is EXTREMELY sticky and one must be careful or it sticks and doesn’t come off. Once in place, it’s good.

Overall I would give it a + rating but for the $ I prefer to repair things properly.

I have a spray can that I am going to use as a rust preventative to coat some padlock shackles for outdoor use. No idea how it will wear sprayed onto chrome.