Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Predictions Recent Findings From Blowout Revelations (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270904)

Johnny630 07-05-2019 05:35 AM

Predictions Recent Findings From Blowout Revelations

What does everyone think will be the long term outcoming of the recent scandal?

Would love to hear everyone's opinions.

Here Is what I'm thinking

Mr. Vault on the Lake his company will be fine.... he buys back the bad cards....Newport Beach then buys them back from him..... updates the Pop Report.......End of Story ......
People Forget Very Quickly Especially those whom benefit from the sale of PSA Slabbed Cards..... Meaning a Large Percentage of the Hobby......People
continue to believe that PSA brings their cards the most money when they sell.......I don't see many losing that thought processes.

The Beat Goes On

MULLINS5 07-05-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 1895706)
What does everyone think will be the long term outcoming of the recent scandal?

Would love to hear everyone's opinions.

Here Is what I'm thinking

Mr. Vault on the Lake his company will be fine.... he buys back the bad cards....Newport Beach then buys them back from him..... updates the Pop Report.......End of Story ......
People Forget Very Quickly Especially those whom benefit from the sale of PSA Slabbed Cards..... Meaning a Large Percentage of the Hobby......People
continue to believe that PSA brings their cards the most money when they sell.......I don't see many losing that thought processes.

The Beat Goes On

I'm pretty sure nothing will happen.

Republicaninmass 07-05-2019 06:08 AM

What do I win?

vintagecpa 07-05-2019 08:17 AM

I don't think this scandal will go away quite as fast as some others in the past. The scope of this scandal will continue to grow as more people and cards are exposed. We are just in the early stages of the scandal. Once the easy refund money dries up from the responsible parties, then we will have a better idea if this scandal will just blow over.

jfkheat 07-05-2019 08:55 AM

I predict that there will be 142 more threads about this started on this forum within the next couple months. Maybe the forum needs a new I HATE PWCC forum section for all these threads to be moved to

56Horsehide 07-06-2019 12:41 PM

I agree with the OP's take. If this whole thing "gets swept under the rug" with no punishment to any of the parties involved, the hobby will have set an example for other hobbies, public business, and society in general to replicate. I know lying and cheating is prevalent in our world but I fear it is about to get worse. Sorry, I am not sure if my glass is half full or half empty. :)

Jim

steve B 07-06-2019 01:07 PM

I usually tell people the glass is only half full because it's got a big leaky crack that isn't getting better.