Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   . (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=191261)

Sean1125 07-23-2014 01:56 AM

Leon 07-23-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1300950)
So I cleaned my entire apartment today and somehow managed to throw out a 52 Topps Mantle graded SGC 3 It was with a stack of of 2 later Mantles on my counter and I somehow managed to group it in with some catalogues and toss it.

Naturally I am on the second floor and the chute drops down in addition to it being a rather busy multifloor complex.

I literally called everyone possible the emergency maintenance line everything... I get to go dumpster diving tomorrow.

This will be fun.

I will keep you guys updated.

And if you cannot tell, this post is 100% completely serious. This is going to really suck if I don't find it.

Update: Maintenance just called back, I get to go dumpster diving today at 7AM. Off to sleep.

what a horror story...good luck

Sean1125 07-23-2014 08:54 AM

rjackson44 07-23-2014 09:14 AM

sean check your apartment again and don't tell anyone what you lost good luck

vintagetoppsguy 07-23-2014 09:17 AM

Sean,

Did you at least find that catalogs that you dumped? If so, and you didn't find the Mantle, then that could mean it wasn't where you thought it was.

If you didn't find the catalogs, then that means the dumpster was probably already emptied.

Also, any chance the maintenacne man could have gone dumpster diving himself?

Sean1125 07-23-2014 09:54 AM

bnorth 07-23-2014 11:03 AM

I wish you the best of luck finding your card. I think we have all done something similar. I know I have.:D

veleno45 07-23-2014 01:20 PM

Hearing this makes my stomach turn. I feel for you Sean. I wish I was in your area so I could help you look.

Sean1125 07-23-2014 01:34 PM

Sean1125 07-23-2014 03:06 PM

Oh boy, after sweeping a dumpster top to bottom and 50 bags of trash... Found it.... I only ruined one pair of new shoes in the process :mad::mad:

tribefan 07-23-2014 03:09 PM

Congrats on finding it, that has to be a relief. But why did you wear a new pair of shoes?

Sean1125 07-23-2014 03:11 PM

vintagetoppsguy 07-23-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1301128)
I only ruined one pair of new shoes in the process :mad::mad:

Congrats on finding it, but ruining a new pair of shoes is nothing compared to loosing a Mantle of that value. I'll trade you two new pair of shoes for the Mantle :D

cdn_collector 07-23-2014 04:58 PM

I'm glad I didn't find this thread until it ran its course. Just the thought of this happening -- even if it wasn't to me -- is stressful.

Even more glad that you found it. That pair of shoes is a small price to pay!

Cheers,

Richard.

Matt E. 07-23-2014 05:05 PM

Hype in my opinion

My response is off topic too.
This thread has no redeeming value and reads like Facebook..C'mon. Let me guess - it will be for sale at National?

My comments from an earlier thread.
Please add Lost Cards to the list...

Sean,

You are so dramatic.

Honestly, just about every time I log on to Net 54 and see a post by you, I feel a kind of negative feeling. What can it be this time? Self promotion, some kind of scandal or scam, scammer situation that works out, or you getting ripped off , lost cards etc.

I am glad you buy big deals and have the dollars to pay the highest prices for cards (which you do not), but gaining respect from your fellow collectors and dealers is way more important in my opinion.

Hey, I'm no picnic in the hobby and have ruffled more than my share of feathers, but I just don't get it.

With National coming up I know you will want as many people as possible to stop at your table, but with your continued drama and perceived attitude you may be sadly disappointed that some here will not.

I have been around the hobby since 2001 mainly on the fringe and wish you the best.

Matt Engle
Ohio

Milton 07-23-2014 06:33 PM

Ouch!

Wow, that sounds horrible! Something similar happened to me a few years ago.

I had opened a box of 1988 Topps baseball and I had sorted all of the high dollar RCs (Matt Nokes, Todd Benzinger, John Marzano, etc.) into a stack on my kitched table.

Well I'll be dagnabbitted if my son's good for nothing wife threw them out while she was helping to clean up our place!

We searched through the garbage can for hours but it was really full of old mulch that had been in the garage since the previous Spring.

Anyway, I got over the loss eventually. I hope you will as well

Edited to add: Wow, I'm glad you found it! You know, it took me months to get over those 88 Topps RCs! I remember there was a dead-centered Gerald Young in there!

Peter_Spaeth 07-23-2014 08:18 PM

I have often been dagnabbitted myself. I prefer cats.:D

2dueces 07-23-2014 09:49 PM

Ok. I'll bite. I'm looking for the camera? I know I've been punked. I don't see the camera but I know it's there. Wait is it April? Ok April fools. Haha you got me. Peter? Peter Chao? Wait. I know. Bring the noize!!!! That's it.
Im waiting. I'm just waiting for someone to blow the lid off of this. Jeff?
Ok I'll play for a little while.

So glad you found it and only ruined one pair of blue suede shoes.

rjackson44 07-24-2014 05:59 AM

Glad you found them Sean good for you