Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marlborough Ma. Show this Weekedn (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187862)

Donscards 05-13-2014 04:07 PM

Marlborough Ma. Show this Weekedn

I am setting up at the 3 day show in Marlborough Mass this weekend fri thru sunday---At the Royal Plaza Trade Center---they have around 40 stars signing autos---I hope they advertised in the Mass. area---The promoter is Fanatics Authentic---they now do the Chi show and also Phil.--Balt.---anybody going, let me know thanks Don Hontz Portland, Maine

7nohitter 05-14-2014 03:24 AM

Don,

They have been advertising this show on 98.5 The Sports Hub...it's how I heard about it...Living in Marlboro, I plan on stopping in!

Donscards 05-14-2014 04:46 AM

Marlboro Mass. show

Andrew thanks for the responce---glad to hear on a little advertising for the show---my friend David emailed me on the show, he saw no promoting in his area 45 min from the show---I am hoping for the best this weekend--the show has a great list of autograph signers with many current and past Red Sox players. thanks again and hope to see u at the show. Don

scooter729 05-14-2014 05:28 AM

Don, any link to info on the show? I just googled and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Scott

Donscards 05-14-2014 05:48 AM

Marlboro Mass. show

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter729 (Post 1275884)
Don, any link to info on the show? I just googled and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott---type in Fanaticsauthentic and that will take u to the home page--at the top , it says signings or shows--click on and it will take u to the show page for the show---good luck, Don

scooter729 05-14-2014 06:38 AM

Here's the link to anyone interested - there are many big names appearing:

Marlboro show

piecesofthegame 05-14-2014 04:06 PM

Marlboro Show

I don't have time to travel to shows very often but I live less than a mile from this one so I have no excuse! I will be there. This venue used to be used quite often a few years back. I'm not sure who the promoter was at the time but I sure hope this show does well so they will arrange it again.

aelefson 05-14-2014 04:40 PM

Hi-
Thank you for posting this Don! I heard about it from local dealers at the Peabody show last weekend, and most of them had heard very little about it.

I do not have high expectations for the show but it would be nice to meet fellow Net54ers if possible. Anyone up for a meet-up, maybe Saturday at noon? I know nothing about the venue so maybe by the entrance?

Alan Elefson

Donscards 05-15-2014 07:22 AM

Marlboro Mass. show

Hi Alan nice to see you are coming to the show---I will see u this weekend---I am hoping for a good turnout with collectors, time will tell---It will be raining this weekend so that always helps a show. Hope u find some good stuff this weekend. Don

jbsports33 05-15-2014 08:53 AM

Marlborough Ma. Show this Weekend

I will try and make it Friday night, thanks for posting about the show - almost forgot about it myself

Jimmy

NATCARD 05-16-2014 08:02 PM

A show?

Show was free so I popped in tonight after 8pm. There are maybe 15 dealers set up in a venue that can hold nearly 200. They a sparse and separated and it has the look of an empty building. This is not a card show, This is an autograph show with a few dealers that have taken a leap of faith. I am not sure with (Pittsburgh) show this weekend that any major dealers would have attended and even the local dealers from the weekend shows are not there. They really need to work on getting local dealers and fill the room or this will fall the way of the Tri-Star shows that used to be here.
Jeff W

aelefson 05-17-2014 05:18 AM

Hi-
I was there last night as well. Although there are only a handful of dealers, those there have a fair amount of vintage cards for a small show. Don has some Mayos, an OJ, and a bunch of T cards. Another dealer has a Stevenograph, and some other cool memorabilia, and another dealer has his usual large assortment of vintage Red Sox (most from the 1950s and 60s). Each dealer has the room to spread out (because there are extra tables) so there is less clutter than normal shows. Overall, it is disappointing, but still might be worth a short trip, especially if you (or your kids) want some autographs.

Alan

johnmh71 05-17-2014 06:09 AM

Was PSA there? I plan on going tomorrow.

aelefson 05-17-2014 01:19 PM

One or more of the grading companies was there but I have no clue which one. Probably PSA.

Edit to add from a friend, just JSA, no PSA...

I collect raw, so I really do not pay close attention

Alan

johnmh71 05-17-2014 03:18 PM

I collect raw too. It was for autograph purposes. Thanks for the heads up.