Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Going off the deep end in the pickups department. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=313518)

Brian Van Horn 01-12-2022 10:42 PM

Going off the deep end in the pickups department.

Gentlemen, I just made a pickup that is not a card, but you may find interesting (or NOT). I just picked up backtothen.com from GoDaddy.com. Because of my lack of wanting to run a website and general laziness, I am not quite sure what I am going to do. I just figured that given the times and the collecting, this would be a good pick up. Any advice on the name other than..... is appreciated. :)

Just so we are clear. I don't drink and prescriptions are the only things I take instead of drugs.

rsdill2 01-13-2022 08:24 AM

I used to live in Bowling Green, KY. They were getting a new minor league baseball team at the time and had a fan vote to choose the name of the team. Bowling Green is near Mammoth Cave, which houses a blind translucent species of shrimp known as the cave shrimp. This was a choice for a team name and sort of went "viral" and I figured the team was going to be the Bowling Green Cave Shrimp.

I purchased the rights to www.bowlinggreencaveshrimp.com and www.caveshrimpbaseball.com

The team was voted to be named the Bowling Green Hot Rods and I lost out on another of my hair brained get rich quick schemes.

Good luck with your site!

luciobar1980 01-13-2022 09:13 AM

https://c.tenor.com/H_XV6p45GrIAAAAd/what-huh.gif

samosa4u 01-13-2022 10:45 AM

This should be in the Watercooler.

Brian Van Horn 01-13-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 2185043)

Classic. Imagine instead of Soylent Green and its 2022 disasters, the movie Back to the Future. Let's face it. We collect in part because we like Pre-WWII and in part because it is a step away from the job and stress. Now, imagine a site on cards, but maybe not just that, but expanded to other areas. Remember the name backtothen. No Walkmans. Sorry, Back to the Future on that part, but in starting up a site, maybe a deal could be made to distribute the three movies as a package. Also, this could end up being a challenge to Amazon. :D

I'm sorry and I collect cards. Wishful thinking. Still.....

mrreality68 01-13-2022 02:43 PM

Good luck with the site

Not sure how you can maximize it but I am sure you have a plan

Ronnie73 01-13-2022 02:52 PM

I own too many domains. At one point I had over 25 of them and none were making me any income. I think I'm down to 12 that I will actually use at some point. Plus I have a dedicated server with Microsoft SQL for monster databases with GoDaddy. Currently my collectible related ones are t205resource.com, t59flags.com, and myt206.com

Your domain name would make a good blog type of website.

Brian Van Horn 01-13-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie73 (Post 2185141)
I own too many domains. At one point I had over 25 of them and none were making me any income. I think I'm down to 12 that I will actually use at some point. Plus I have a dedicated server with Microsoft SQL for monster databases with GoDaddy. Currently my collectible related ones are t205resource.com, t59flags.com, and myt206.com

Your domain name would make a good blog type of website.

Ron,

Thank you! I know blogging can be profitable. Now, despite my over 5000 posts, I don't consider myself much of a blogger, but....

:D

benge610 01-13-2022 09:08 PM

Hey Brian!
Let me put down my veg-o-mite sandwich, cuz you are a speakin' my language.
I have multiple "projects" which originate with a card or post card; I don't go looking for them; they find me. The pic attached represents two of the many. I won't clog up the forum here but you can email me at bengehler5@gmail.com or text me (I still have your # saved)or I can text you to start dialog.
The backstory that developed with just these two simple pieces of cardboard; many more (cooler and profitable) assembled stories could grace the halls/wings of "backtothen.com". It all makes more sense when you and I can talk for hours on the subject. I am an idea person; not nut/bolt type. Cool things come from assembly of cool ideas. No answers here, just ideas.

https://www.net54baseball.com/pictur...ictureid=32490

Ben

"I love baseball history backstory; especially when it involves cards."

Brian Van Horn 01-13-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benge610 (Post 2185272)
Hey Brian!
Let me put down my veg-o-mite sandwich, cuz you are a speakin' my language.
I have multiple "projects" which originate with a card or post card; I don't go looking for them; they find me. The pic attached represents two of the many. I won't clog up the forum here but you can email me at bengehler5@gmail.com or text me (I still have your # saved)or I can text you to start dialog.
The backstory that developed with just these two simple pieces of cardboard; many more (cooler and profitable) assembled stories could grace the halls/wings of "backtothen.com". It all makes more sense when you and I can talk for hours on the subject. I am an idea person; not nut/bolt type. Cool things come from assembly of cool ideas. No answers here, just ideas.

https://www.net54baseball.com/pictur...ictureid=32490

Ben

"I love baseball history backstory; especially when it involves cards."

Ah, the start. Everyone please remember the site, if developed, will be about more than cards. Thank you, Ben! I will follow up.

Ronnie73 01-16-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 2185292)
Ah, the start. Everyone please remember the site, if developed, will be about more than cards. Thank you, Ben! I will follow up.

Looking forward to it. History of all kinds is so important, especially at this point in time where certain real history is kept secret and other history is being destroyed and rewritten to fit an agenda.

Bpm0014 01-16-2022 08:36 PM

^^^^ no doubt

Leon 01-18-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 2185072)
This should be in the Watercooler.

Off topics are allowed, especially longtime members. It's in the rules!