Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Show Grades vs Mail Grades (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=89393)

Archive 04-14-2008 02:16 PM

Show Grades vs Mail Grades

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Any opinions about getting some cards graded at a show vs sending them away. I was thinking about going to Chicago this week and have a few things graded in person , haven't done this before. Do the graders spend more time, less time, do they have all the equipment available at the show ??

Archive 04-14-2008 09:34 PM

Posted By: <b>Jantz</b><p>I can't answer your question, but wanted to throw a little information your way from my own experiences. Hopefully the grading companies might change their policies this year. I'll explain, last year I went to the National & had a few cards that I wanted to have graded by PSA. I had only one day to attend the National because I was leaving out of state the next day. So I figured that, yes I was going to pay more to have them graded on-site, but I figured that the difference would make up for the shipping & handling. I was informed that I could not picked up my cards at the end of the day & would have to come back the following day. This was not possible as I mentioned earlier. So I just let it go & left them raw. So if you go to a show and want them graded on-site be sure that you have time to come back the next day or you probably could have them shipped at a later date after the show ends, but I'm not certain. <br /><br />Hope this helps<br />Jantz

Archive 04-16-2008 07:42 PM

Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>We will be grading on sight in Chicago. We can usually have your order processed and graded in 2-4 hours under normal circumstances. Just ask for Michael Sean or Brian and they will let you know if you can have your cards graded by the end of that day. <br />Thanks,<br /> Glyn Parson<br /> SGC

Archive 04-16-2008 08:10 PM

Posted By: <b>Paul Kaufman</b><p>Mike, there is no difference in the grade you receive at a show.....the graders are just as tough on-site. The only good part is the instant feedback you get when you can receive the cards back in a few hours versus a few days. Good luck ! Paul

Archive 04-16-2008 08:34 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>Not for vintage cards, but I had some cards "show" graded by Beckett a few years back and while the grades were accurate and fast they can't encase them at the show; and they issue a label and then invite you to send in the cards (more fees + shipping and handling) for encasement. I see these cards (modern only) on ebay from time to time and won't even give them much consideration as I know the hassle of getting them encased.