Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Chapter 2-- Dubuque Photo New Discovery (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276864)

Directly 12-11-2019 08:03 PM

Chapter 2-- Dubuque Photo New Discovery

I once owned a sports card shop directly across the street from an Antique Mall. One day I went to the Mall and began my browsing, the first booth located to the very right when one walked inside, sat an old antique wood dresser with its very top drawer opened. I peeked inside and saw a small stack of say ten old Cabinet photos. One happened to be a baseball team photo of nine players, the Cabinet photo wasn't priced so I walk over to the proprietor, and left as the new owner.

A year later or so I'm looking through the old version THE OFFICIAL ENCYCLOPEDIA of BASEBALL page 392 there it shows Ted Sullivan organizing the Northwestern League consisting of his baseball team in Dubuque Iowa. Thinking back I thought the Cabinet photo I purchased earlier was stamped DUBUQUE.

It took me a couple months or so to find the photo. After searching awhile I thought may be it got thrown away or something? When I did finally find it, yes it's stamped Dubuque, hence started my quest and research. Unfortunately the St Louis Antique dealer had already left the Mall---I am compiling my revised evidence for SABR (wish I had bought all the other family photos in the stack, some may have belonged to the baseball photo history?)---- The beginning Chapter 2

bnorth 12-12-2019 06:38 AM

We need pictures.:D

Directly 12-16-2019 06:25 AM

Will the Real Comiskey Please Stand Up Chapter 2

Attn:--Chapter 2--new discovery, the photo isn't dated 1879!!

steve B 12-18-2019 09:45 PM

This is dragging on almost long enough to compete with GAIs return, or the rollout of SGCs new registry.

Directly 12-19-2019 04:08 AM

Will the Real Comiskey Please Stand Up Chapter 2

So now I can prove with facts my DATED Dubuque photo without doubt shows a young Comiskey, this should all go away-.

I posted my finding in the watercooler all topics forum for discussion- so now what's the problem, because I was correct all along!

One member remarked forum discussion is healthy as another advised stick to the facts!--well that's what I'm doing!

bnorth 12-19-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1940270)
This is dragging on almost long enough to compete with GAIs return, or the rollout of SGCs new registry.

Damian is going to have GAI back up and going, he is waiting for the extra car in the garage to move so he has office space again.

SGC's upgrades are coming soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1940299)
So now I can prove with facts my DATED Dubuque photo without doubt shows a young Comiskey, this should all go away-.

I posted my finding in the watercooler all topics forum for discussion- so now what's the problem, because I was correct all along!

One member remarked forum discussion is healthy as another advised stick to the facts!--well that's what I'm doing!

So then please post what you have instead of the updates soon posts. I don't collect that type of stuff but always appreciate threads that I learn something new from.

Directly 12-20-2019 07:33 AM

Ear to Ear theory

The Ear comparison theory in my opinion greatly depends with the angle of the face. Comparing Photo C, in my opinion the ear shape looks different. I tried to point this out in Chapter One. Facial recognition technology concentrates more with the facial features versus ears--( I suppose ear comparison may have its place, but only as one supplement not the final absolute conclusion)

Directly 12-21-2019 03:39 PM

So then please post what you have instead of the updates soon posts. I don't collect that type of stuff but always appreciate threads that I learn something new from.[/QUOTE]

(***After the first of the year on the main forum. Thanks to a local photographer pointing out the date, finally connecting all the dots--please stay tuned!***)

Happy Holidays!

Directly 12-22-2019 07:25 AM

Chapter 2 prelude

Please let me be clear, I have no vendetta with anyone in the First Chapter "Will the Real Comiskey Please Stand Up".

All imputes were building blocks called research which really pushed me to keep going the course!

In Chapter 2 my goal is not to offend anyone just to present these facts.

I myself made some critical errors especially the wrong date assumption of 1879--

Thanks again

buymycards 12-24-2019 07:30 AM

photo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1939396)
Attn:--Chapter 2--new discovery, the photo isn't dated 1879!!

So, if the photo isn't dated 1879, what year is it from?

Directly 12-27-2019 05:40 PM

Tom Loftus Obituary Article

Loftus Obituary article