Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Desean jackson what The.. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285805)

1952boyntoncollector 07-07-2020 10:47 AM

Desean jackson what The..

After his comments disparaging a minority group. It would be funny for him to take a knee unless he fixes that prior situation.

drcy 07-12-2020 12:58 PM

I'm a Maskil (Jewish religious title) and write and teach on antisemitism.

What DeSean Jackson posted was bad. However, he made a video apologizing, said he felt he was misinterpreted and would educate himself. That's good with me and I'm okay with him. We all make mistakes and learning is about learning from out mistakes. I'm against that cancel and call out-culture crap and saying someone should be fired from their job because of some mistake or dumb post or doesn't pass some ideological purity test.

A saying of mine is "Don't tell people to apologize if you aren't going to accept their apology."

However, Stephen Jackson is another story. He made himself look like a complete ignoramus and embarrassed himself with the clueless things he said. And he calls himself a racial justice activist? If he was white and said like things about blacks, he probably would have been banned from wherever for a longtime.

There's antisemitism in the far left just as there is in the far right.

1952boyntoncollector 07-24-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1998138)
I'm a Maskil (Jewish religious title) and write and teach on antisemitism.

What DeSean Jackson posted was bad. However, he made a video apologizing, said he felt he was misinterpreted and would educate himself. That's good with me and I'm okay with him. We all make mistakes and learning is about learning from out mistakes. I'm against that cancel and call out-culture crap and saying someone should be fired from their job because of some mistake or dumb post or doesn't pass some ideological purity test.

A saying of mine is "Don't tell people to apologize if you aren't going to accept their apology."

However, Stephen Jackson is another story. He made himself look like a complete ignoramus and embarrassed himself with the clueless things he said. And he calls himself a racial justice activist? If he was white and said like things about blacks, he probably would have been banned from wherever for a longtime.

There's antisemitism in the far left just as there is in the far right.

I believe Stephen Jackson also has 5 baby mothers which means he will have a hard to time preventing a broken family with at least one of them though he has resources so maybe he can. However until the single mother rate of blacks is raised from 25% to at least 50-60% its hard to say if a lot of problems are from 'systemic racism' versus just a broken family unit. I would think if 'privileged class' people also came from a 25% broken family rate they would have problems too but who knows..