Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UNDATED Yankees Grandstand Tickets (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202040)

Physedteacher25 02-21-2015 07:22 PM

UNDATED Yankees Grandstand Tickets

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone,

I am conducting research and purchase UNDATED Yankees tickets from pre 1970. They may have a game # or a game letter on them, but they will not have a date. These will be grandstand or bleacher tickets. I attempted to attach a picture to this thread to give you an idea of what they will look like, but there are many different styles so send me whatever you may have.

If you have any of these please email me a scan to patgeroni@gmail.com. I will work out a fair deal with you for them, if they fit within my research. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Pat Geroni
patgeroni@gmail.com
201-304-3004

batsballsbases 02-21-2015 07:43 PM

Hi Pat,
Thought I would post these up for you and thanks for all in info on them. I hope I was able to help out a bit. And Guys Pat is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these tickets so try and help him out if you can. If you want to comment on a few of them Pat feel welcome.. Al

Physedteacher25 02-21-2015 08:19 PM

Thanks Al and it is nice to hear from you again. There are a good amount of tickets in Al's scans that I was able to identify as per year and date, and it was absolutely great to speak to someone who actually remembered going to these games. It was pretty cool to be able to speak to him about an 18 inning game that he went to with his dad. His details were very helpful and we were on the same page with the date from the 1st second of conversation, which was also nice for me in reference to the research I have been conducting.

One thing to note, steer clear from any stamped Yankees undated tickets. Unfortunately, somebody got a hold of a stamper and some undated tickets a while back and put them together. I have some of those EXACT tickets, minus the stamp and the majority of them are 100% not from the game that is stamped. In all my research, I found (1) stamped Yankees ticket that I believe is real and the stamp completely differed from any of the others. It also was the only meaningless game from the stamped samples, the others were some of the most historic days possible from 1950-1970. Some of them are simply way off, for example a Game 60 ticket that is stamped 9/20/1968 (Mantle's 536th HR)? How can home game 60 be that late in September? Furthermore, it is not even the correct year ticket which actually, tends to be the case with most of them. Even better, 9/20/1968 was an unscheduled make up game and would not have been assigned a home game # because that date did not exist at the time of printing. Others are much more thought out, but I am able to identify some of these tickets for what they are so if you have any stamped undated Yankees tickets or unstamped ones send me a scan and I can most likely give you confirmation that it is correct or at least I can send you in the right direction.

At this point I am looking for all undated tickets, so again please feel free to email me at patgeroni@gmail.com.