Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Share a Surreal Photograph (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=235024)

frankbmd 02-07-2017 09:34 PM

Share a Surreal Photograph

1 Attachment(s)
Have you ever been somewhere surreal and taken a photograph?

Snapolit1 02-08-2017 10:33 AM

That is pretty amazing.

familytoad 02-09-2017 11:17 PM

Adams

1 Attachment(s)
I feel blessed to live in the Pacific Northwest where the beauty cannot be captured by mere cell phone cameras. I try to share even though for the most part all the pictures are sent with a caveat that " you should have been there"

This shot of elusive Mt Adams , a volcanic mountain in Washington, taken from a very remote lake and campgrounds is an example. You have to be pretty far from the beaten path to see this, but it's worth it:eek:

Frank...where was yours taken?

frankbmd 02-10-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytoad (Post 1629311)
I feel blessed to live in the Pacific Northwest where the beauty cannot be captured by mere cell phone cameras. I try to share even though for the most part all the pictures are sent with a caveat that " you should have been there"

This shot of elusive Mt Adams , a volcanic mountain in Washington, taken from a very remote lake and campgrounds is an example. You have to be pretty far from the beaten path to see this, but it's worth it:eek:

Frank...where was yours taken?

Glacier Bay, Alaska

SAllen2556 02-10-2017 09:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yosemite National Park. Go in June when the waterfalls are at their best.

Attachment 261085
Attachment 261086

familytoad 02-11-2017 10:22 PM

Alaska

I thought it was Alaska...Frank thanks for sharing:D

I might be going there this summertime, as I am celebrating 25 years married , and an Alaskan cruise has always been on our "want list".
Wifey sounds kinda serious this time.

Of course, Yosemite is also on that list, but baseball cards need to be accumulated too, so something's gotta give!

rgpete 02-12-2017 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
During vacation Outer Banks, Aug 2016

SAllen2556 02-12-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytoad (Post 1629978)
I thought it was Alaska...Frank thanks for sharing:D

I might be going there this summertime, as I am celebrating 25 years married , and an Alaskan cruise has always been on our "want list".
Wifey sounds kinda serious this time.

Of course, Yosemite is also on that list, but baseball cards need to be accumulated too, so something's gotta give!

I did an Alaskan cruise and would actually not recommend it unless you're too old to really get around on your own. If I had to do it over, I'd have stayed a week in Sitka at the fishing lodge where we had chartered a boat for a half-day. That half-day was by far the best part of the trip. Of the 10 days we were on the cruise, by the time I added it up, we had only spent about 2 and 1/2 days on the ground in Alaska. The rest of the time was on the ship dressing up for some silly dinner or watching Bowzer from Sha Na Na. And it probably would have cost less than the cruise to do the lodge. Probably wouldn't have gotten food poisoning ether.

familytoad 02-13-2017 10:36 PM

Alaska advice

Thanks for your perspective, Scott.
I'm not too old to get around, it just takes longer than it used to!

The thought of being in dinner theater instead of actually seeing/doing things in Alaska does turn me off. I will discuss this with the wifey and see if she has anything else in mind...assuming she still doesn't collect baseball cards ;)

I ask her every anniversary if she'd like to start collecting prewar HOFers, but she says no , or sometimes "Hell no!"

Griffins 02-14-2017 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vinales, Cuba

tedzan 02-14-2017 09:32 AM

The mystical Island of Santorini

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan7...andHarbour.jpg

When you are cruising the Mediterranean, you must visit this Island in the Aegean Sea. When your ship enters the harbor of Santorini you will be amazed by being surrounded
by volcanic cliffs rising 1000+ feet above the sea. And, your tour guide will inform you that you are inside the caldera of the largest volcanic eruption recorded in history.

Thera (the Island's name 3500 years ago) erupted circa 1500 B.C. with such enormity that what remains now is just a crescent-shaped island. This tremendous cataclysm sent
monstrous tsunami's to the Island of Crete (75 miles to the South) and areas along the African coast and the Middle East.

And, check-out the archaeological digs at the South end of Santorini. The majority of archaeologist and historians are convinced that the remnants of the civilization discovered
there is the true site of Atlantis.

The Greek residents on Santorini are the friendliest, warm-hearted people that you will ever meet. I recommend at least a 3-day stay, so you can take in all sites, beaches and
a fabulous museum on this Island.

TED Z