Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Who/What Do You Watch? (YouTube Videos) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271062)

LuckyLarry 07-09-2019 06:29 AM

Who/What Do You Watch? (YouTube Videos)

So I cut the Direct TV "cord" maybe ten years ago. A couple of months ago I even cut the Netflix "cord" which was interesting, since I have been a subscriber for many years back to the DVD days.

Now it seems I mostly watch YouTube streaming through my TV. I guess the people I watch are called "content providers" and they are paid because of the commercials i have to watch (or skip through) lol.

It seems so interesting how things have changed. I remember when I bought this '70s Ranch House in 1995, high tech was having a phone jack and cable outlet in every room. I recently had my internet provider over to review and upgrade my internet speed and while the tech was here, he helped me install a new high performance single phone line from the outside box to a single phone jack hooked to my modem/wireless. So now all those cable jacks and telephone jacks in every room sit unused lol.

Here are some of the YouTube channels I watch and I'm looking for recommendations.

Buckin' Billy Ray Smith (logging with chain saws)
Alpha Investments (Magic The Gathering Cards which I don't even collect)
Blue Bus Dave (Garage Sales, Trash and Scrap)
IB TAT (long distance through hiker currently on the Pacific Crest Trail)
NASCAR
Uncle Tony's Garage ('60s and '70s cars)
Yoga With Adriene

bnorth 07-09-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLarry (Post 1897132)
So I cut the Direct TV "cord" maybe ten years ago. A couple of months ago I even cut the Netflix "cord" which was interesting, since I have been a subscriber for many years back to the DVD days.

Now it seems I mostly watch YouTube streaming through my TV. I guess the people I watch are called "content providers" and they are paid because of the commercials i have to watch (or skip through) lol.

It seems so interesting how things have changed. I remember when I bought this '70s Ranch House in 1995, high tech was having a phone jack and cable outlet in every room. I recently had my internet provider over to review and upgrade my internet speed and while the tech was here, he helped me install a new high performance single phone line from the outside box to a single phone jack hooked to my modem/wireless. So now all those cable jacks and telephone jacks in every room sit unused lol.

Here are some of the YouTube channels I watch and I'm looking for recommendations.

Buckin' Billy Ray Smith (logging with chain saws)
Alpha Investments (Magic The Gathering Cards which I don't even collect)
Blue Bus Dave (Garage Sales, Trash and Scrap)
IB TAT (long distance through hiker currently on the Pacific Crest Trail)
NASCAR
Uncle Tony's Garage ('60s and '70s cars)
Yoga With Adriene

Amazon Fire Stick with KODI is the way to go.:) Watch what you want when you want.

PolarBear 07-09-2019 02:55 PM

I haven't paid for TV of any kind for 19 years. If it's not free, I'm not watching it, with the exception of the occasional DVD that we buy. And I've been to the movies maybe 3 times in the last 5 years.

Nor have I had a land line telephone for 20 years.

LuckyLarry 07-10-2019 03:54 AM

Ben that Amazon Fire Stick appears to offer about the same thing as this smart TV I purchased. Access to the content and the option to purchase a subscription to premium channels.

Don I saw this add for a new housing development stating "we are getting a movie theater!" everyone was so excited and I'm thinking who goes to the movies anymore?

The only TV I pay for now is $5 a month to PBS which allows you to play everything on their site right now I'm working through the show "Finding Your Roots"

Times have changed

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarBear (Post 1897285)
I haven't paid for TV of any kind for 19 years. If it's not free, I'm not watching it, with the exception of the occasional DVD that we buy. And I've been to the movies maybe 3 times in the last 5 years.

Nor have I had a land line telephone for 20 years.