Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hartland Replacement Parts (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=288902)

UKCardGuy 09-11-2020 03:59 PM

Hartland Replacement Parts

Among the variety of things I collect, I love the original 58-62 Hartland statues. I've just picked up my 11th Hartland.

What are your views on replacement parts? Does a modern replacement bat belong with an original statue?

There's one part that' s eluding me - an original Yogi Berra Mask. I've been tempted to buy a 1988 mask for my original Berra statue. It raised a question in my mind - how would I even know if a mask was an original or 1988 version? I see original Berra statues on eBay "with the mask", but I 'm not sure how I'd know if it was an original mask.

Any info would be really appreciated. If someone has a photo of an original mask and a 1988 version side by side, I'd love to see if there are obvious differences.

Thanks.

MK 09-11-2020 04:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by UKCardGuy (Post 2016776)
Among the variety of things I collect, I love the original 58-62 Hartland statues. I've just picked up my 11th Hartland.

What are your views on replacement parts? Does a modern replacement bat belong with an original statue?

There's one part that' s eluding me - an original Yogi Berra Mask. I've been tempted to buy a 1988 mask for my original Berra statue. It raised a question in my mind - how would I even know if a mask was an original or 1988 version? I see original Berra statues on eBay "with the mask", but I 'm not sure how I'd know if it was an original mask.

Any info would be really appreciated. If someone has a photo of an original mask and a 1988 version side by side, I'd love to see if there are obvious differences.

Thanks.

I’m pretty sure there are obvious differences. I am certainly no expert but I think the first picture is an original and the second is definitely a repo. There could actual be several different repos floating around. Hopefully someone on here will know for sure.

UKCardGuy 09-11-2020 05:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks. I've found a photo of the 1988 Hartland (1st photo) and an original from Heritage Auctions (2nd photo). When I look at the masks they look the same. I'm hoping that if there's a side by side comparison, it would be obvious that the colors are slightly different or there's a stamp on the back of the mask.

steve B 09-12-2020 10:15 PM

Were the newer ones from the original molds, or new molds?

If they're from new molds, there's probably some fine difference.

Now if I could only find a way to replace the missing arm on my only Heartland...Anyone got a broken Mays? Maybe broken legs or something like that?

UKCardGuy 09-13-2020 06:59 AM

Thanks Steve.

There's an Ebay listing offering arms for your Mays statue here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARTLAND-ST...EAAMXQVgBRHhcg

I thought the 1988 figures were made from the same moulds (but I'm not 100% sure). I know that the 1988 version was modified to show a 25th logo.

I'm hoping there's some clear differences with the color. If anyone has both an original and a 1988 yogi berra face mask, I'd love to see a photo with them side by side.

Joe Hunter 09-13-2020 09:24 AM

Berra Mask

Actually, there was a replacement mask made for the Berra Hartland before the 25th Anniversary Issues. This mask is frequently sold as an original because it is so close to the actual original Berra mask. About the only way to tell them apart is to see them side by side. I believe the true original is just slightly smaller than the repro. The 25th Issue is pretty easy to distinguish.

bgar3 09-13-2020 10:08 AM

I believe whiteymet on here is an expert on these, might want to contact him.

steve B 09-13-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKCardGuy (Post 2017266)
Thanks Steve.

There's an Ebay listing offering arms for your Mays statue here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARTLAND-ST...EAAMXQVgBRHhcg

I thought the 1988 figures were made from the same moulds (but I'm not 100% sure). I know that the 1988 version was modified to show a 25th logo.

I'm hoping there's some clear differences with the color. If anyone has both an original and a 1988 yogi berra face mask, I'd love to see a photo with them side by side.

Well that's cool.

murphusa 09-14-2020 12:01 PM

as with the Westerns for the guns etc, there are guys who uses 3 d printers now to make the missing parts

steve B 09-15-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 2017466)
Well that's cool.

And he's sold out of the arms...

jcmtiger 09-16-2020 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I completed my original Hartland BB set in 1980. Groat was my last & paid $300.00. I then collected the 25th anniversity set. Just before I moved to Florida I sold all but the Cobb no room for the statues.