Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Boston Altman Show (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=286767)

Donscards 07-29-2020 06:48 PM

Boston Altman Show

The Boston show has been canceled. Now scheduled for April 2021 Hopefully that will happen

jbsports33 07-29-2020 06:51 PM

Thank you for the update, now I can plan for future events and hope that we have a Nov. show - tell Paul I said hi!

Jimmy

Donscards 07-29-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbsports33 (Post 2004121)
Thank you for the update, now I can plan for future events and hope that we have a Nov. show - tell Paul I said hi!

Jimmy

Will do Jimmy. Hope all is well with you too. Miss your great shows in White Plains. Don

CurtisFlood 07-30-2020 12:23 PM

I'm hoping they don't close down shows for the next month or two. People are wanting to get out and card shows are familiar territory. I've done one show since early March and it was terrific. People have called after the show and ordered cards they saw and just didn't buy at that show. It is a strange business model. I'm just glad they are still interested in their hobby, and hopefully keeping masked up at these shows will keep their confidence up. It seemed strange to wear that mask for three straight days, but better to be safe than sorry.

Gpaal 08-01-2020 10:52 PM

I'm sorry to say I think it's best for now.

Rich Klein 08-02-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtisFlood (Post 2004330)
I'm hoping they don't close down shows for the next month or two. People are wanting to get out and card shows are familiar territory. I've done one show since early March and it was terrific. People have called after the show and ordered cards they saw and just didn't buy at that show. It is a strange business model. I'm just glad they are still interested in their hobby, and hopefully keeping masked up at these shows will keep their confidence up. It seemed strange to wear that mask for three straight days, but better to be safe than sorry.

We delayed our Adat Chaverim show for various reasons but done correctly and safely I do believe shows can be run. I was one of minority of people at Kyle's big 3-day show in DFW in June to actually wear a mask the whole time. We need to change that to a super majority as a start.

topcat61 08-13-2020 07:05 AM

Now I get the feeling of what the Hobby was like before there were shows. While I'm getting great deals on ebay, I'm not enjoying the fact that I don't get to socialize with other collectors like I would at a show. That's a huge part of the Hobby for many collectors. And then there are the tables. There's a certain thrill and excitement you get with the unknown -and that's now missing too. I just cant wait for things to get back to normal.