Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hoist the Cup St. Louis!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270094)

nolemmings 06-12-2019 08:58 PM

Hoist the Cup St. Louis!!!

Congrats. Very well played. Well deserved too. The monkey is gone, and Lord Stanley will mark the names for history. See ya next season!

Peter_Spaeth 06-12-2019 09:14 PM

Ugh. Damn it. Expletives deleted.

But yes, they rose to the occasion on the road in the ultimate pressure game, and it's a well-deserved title.

cardsfan73 06-12-2019 10:35 PM

Very emotional night for me. I lost my Nephew to Pancreatic Cancer back in 2015. He was only a few years younger than me and we grew up more like Brothers/best friends. We were both always big Blues fans, but nobody loved the Blues like he did. I wish he was here celebrating this win with me tonight. Bittersweet.

jdunevant 06-13-2019 08:22 AM

I've been a Blues fan since about 1971-ish (10 years old). Still hasn't really sunk in as reality. They wove a wonderful story (last place in January, Binnington, etc).

I was incredibly lucky to attend game 1 in Boston (my son lives there now) and even though we lost that game, will cherish the experience and the end-result forever.

And stick tap to the Bruins (great team) and their fans. They were very cordial and welcoming.

brian1961 06-13-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsfan73 (Post 1888356)
Very emotional night for me. I lost my Nephew to Pancreatic Cancer back in 2015. He was only a few years younger than me and we grew up more like Brothers/best friends. We were both always big Blues fans, but nobody loved the Blues like he did. I wish he was here celebrating this win with me tonight. Bittersweet.

I am very sorry for your loss, Scott, as he would have been so incredibly happy. Try your best to savor and enjoy the thrill of hoisting the Cup for both of you. ---Brian Powell

ALR-bishop 06-13-2019 01:53 PM

Saw them lose a Stanley cup game in St Louis years ago when the NHL made the weird decision the have the winner of the expansion division play the winner of the established division for the Cup. Pretty anticlimactic. The only question was whether they might win one game. Nope

So decided to get tickets for game 3 this year. Game was just as lopsided as the one I saw 50 years ago. With this team I should have known to pick a road game. But apparently almost 70,000 fans were either in Bush Stadium ( in the rain) or in their home arena watching game 7

HRBAKER 06-13-2019 02:24 PM

We Are Ecstatic!

My wife's car

https://i152.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8hu7guxy.jpg

Butch7999 06-13-2019 03:11 PM

Sincere congrats, Blues and Blues fans! Now where's the thank-you note to our craptastically mismanaged Sabres
for basically paying you take that loser O'Reilly off our hands?
:D :rolleyes: :( :mad:

HRBAKER 06-13-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch7999 (Post 1888621)
Sincere congrats, Blues and Blues fans! Now where's the thank-you note to our craptastically mismanaged Sabres

Consider this a Thank You note from me.

Thank You!

mikemb 06-13-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 1888574)

Nice Car!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch7999 (Post 1888621)

I thought the Sabres were going to have a better year than they did. I'm a Ranger fan hoping both teams mprove in 2019-2020.

Congratulations Blues!!!

cardsfan73 06-13-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian1961 (Post 1888499)
I am very sorry for your loss, Scott, as he would have been so incredibly happy. Try your best to savor and enjoy the thrill of hoisting the Cup for both of you. ---Brian Powell

Thanks man! There my facebook feed was flooded by messages by friends & family about him. It was a true testament to what a great guy he was and how many peoples lives he touched.

I am still feeling like it's a dream today, it's really sinking in.

HRBAKER 06-13-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsfan73 (Post 1888722)
Thanks man! There my facebook feed was flooded by messages by friends & family about him. It was a true testament to what a great guy he was and how many peoples lives he touched.

I am still feeling like it's a dream today, it's really sinking in.

Just awesome man.

ALR-bishop 06-14-2019 12:01 PM

San Antonio deserves some credit for putting both the Blues ( Binnington) and Toronto ( Leonard) over the hump this year :)

stlcardsfan 06-20-2019 12:21 PM

What a run. Was on vacation and watched Games 6 and 7 with about 30 Blues brethren.

O'Reilly wins Selke last night in addition to Conn Smythe.

The parade last Saturday was an absolute blow out party. 500,000 people in downtown STL.

And oh yeah, Zach Sanford, New England native, puked while sitting on the back of the convertible Mustang. Classic.

And Brett Hull is still drunk somewhere.