Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone know how to block certain items from eBay searches? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=115991)

Howe’s Hunter 09-15-2009 01:57 PM

Anyone know how to block certain items from eBay searches?

There are now 399 things called t206 etopps cards cluttering up my search for T206s. How do you tell eBay to get rid of crap and show only vintage? Thanks.

Anthony S. 09-15-2009 02:00 PM

when running a search, type in: -(etopps)

You could also run a search that reads: -(etopps, topps, reprint)

The one problem with the second search is that you wouldn't see the listings that include statements such as "This is not a reprint."

Jim VB 09-15-2009 02:01 PM

Ed,

You can eliminate certain things from searches by use of a minus sign, left parenthesis, type out what you want to exclude, right parenthesis.

Example: 1952 Topps Mantle -(RP, reprint)

This eliminates any listing that have "RP" or "reprint" in their titles. You have to be very specific however. You might have to eliminate etopps, Topps, reprint, reprints, RP, and several other bothersome terms. However if the seller lies, or omits info, nothing I know works.

Edited to say: What Anthony said.

Howe’s Hunter 09-15-2009 02:09 PM

Thanks, Anthony and Jim

knew there had to be some way of doing it, just didn't know what. Thanks again. Ed

Anthony S. 09-15-2009 02:16 PM

My saved Obak search has over 30 separate items listed within the negative parentheses. Waaaay too many items designated T212 floating around out there.

slantycouch 09-15-2009 02:27 PM

My eBay world changed when I realized you could exclude items.

mybuddyinc 09-15-2009 04:28 PM

Didn't know about the "-" aspect., I'll give 'er a try.

Although I really don't mind seeing the "T210-Type" Victoria Secret Thongs pop up once in a while .................... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...shocked013.gif

GoldenAge50s 09-15-2009 06:15 PM

Just one correction to the above info is needed, I believe.

Anthony's example w/ multiple words:

I believe you have to REMOVE the spaces between words, like this:

-(etopps,topps,reprint)

timzcardz 09-17-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 749784)
Just one correction to the above info is needed, I believe.

Anthony's example w/ multiple words:

I believe you have to REMOVE the spaces between words, like this:

-(etopps,topps,reprint)

Fred, it used to be true that you could not have the spaces within the parentheses, but sometime over the last couple of years it changed and the spaces no longer mess up the search.

1966CUDA 09-18-2009 08:52 AM

block items in ebay search

Is there a way to block items from a specific seller from popping up??

GoldenAge50s 09-18-2009 09:33 AM

Thanks Tim---My Search Commands cheat sheet was taken from EBay in 2003!

Chris Counts 09-18-2009 09:51 AM

Does anybody know how to block certain sellers from eBay searches? There are a couple really big sellers who offer tons of nice but wildly overpriced cards that often clog up my searches. If I'm looking at something popular, these guys really slow down my searches ...

timzcardz 09-18-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Counts (Post 750381)
Does anybody know how to block certain sellers from eBay searches? There are a couple really big sellers who offer tons of nice but wildly overpriced cards that often clog up my searches. If I'm looking at something popular, these guys really slow down my searches ...

The only way that I know of to block a seller in a search, is to find a word that they consistently use in their description that is unique to there's, and then exclude that word in the search while searching "titles and descriptions." Such as if they state "See other cards offered by XYZ sportscards" you can use "-XYZ" in your search, assuming that "XYZ is not a generic name/word that will appear in many other listings that may be of interest to you.