Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Children (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=303419)

CopperRaven 06-11-2021 05:50 AM

Children

Children

BillyCoxDodgers3B 06-11-2021 06:13 AM

I'd offer you more for that ball if it was unsigned.

earlywynnfan 06-11-2021 06:46 AM

Looks like a CC special

CopperRaven 06-11-2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2112530)
Looks like a CC special

I’m sorry. ‘CC’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

earlywynnfan 06-11-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperRaven (Post 2112531)
I’m sorry. ‘CC’?

Coach's Corner

CopperRaven 06-11-2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2112533)
Coach's Corner

No idea what that is. This collection was passed down to me from my great grandfather and grandfather, they lived in Chicago. My grandfather passed in 1994. It stayed unopened until October of last year when we realized our son will never appreciate sports.
We did sell 4 more expensive balls. The private collector sent them to be certified. They all came back good. I’ve had 2 curators at the Baseball HOF look at the entire collection. And I just sent them 3 on loan.
Sorry if I’m not up on current terms. This isn’t something we do from day to day.
This isn’t something we do for a living or even for a hobby.

Klrdds 06-11-2021 09:21 AM

I'm sorry but the ball cube looks better than the baseball.
Do you have photos to post of the more expensive baseballs you said you sold ?
I'd love to see those baseballs.

TUM301 06-11-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2112530)
Looks like a CC special

That`s literally got Coach`s Corner written all over it !

CopperRaven 06-11-2021 09:42 AM

Ok. I didn’t post here for children.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 06-11-2021 10:09 AM

Actually, some of the people who replied here include a doctor, a teacher and somebody who has made their living authenticating autographs, all of whom have long grown tired of seeing obvious forgeries posted for sale all over the place. Not holding it against you if you were truly unaware of how bad that autograph is.

frankbmd 06-11-2021 10:20 AM

I do not want to take a nap today and don’t try to give me Brussels sprouts for dinner.

Snapolit1 06-11-2021 10:47 AM

Classic genre of posting:

I don't really know much and would like information about this piece. Many thanks.

Bad information delivered.

Then I get kind of pissy about it.

Because I really didn't want that kind of information.

earlywynnfan 06-11-2021 11:24 AM

Wait, I've been gone a few hours, is he saying WE are the children??

Whatever

frankbmd 06-11-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2112590)
Wait, I've been gone a few hours, is he saying WE are the children??

Whatever

Ken, I think so. Now don’t start crying and throwing a tantrum or you will need a time out.:D

MCyganik 06-11-2021 12:01 PM

He has deleted all photos in his posts so I can't see the balls for myself but his previous posts in January were to sell a Ruth/Cobb ball that multiple people said looked no good. Even Leon chimed in to warn people away from it without TPA.

Someone is either clearly upset they can't pull a fast one on a renowned board of long-time collectors or can't face reality that their family bought a bunch of fakes in the 1980s and have been sitting on them until now. Which is an unfortunate reality for many.

Maybe some of the balls are indeed legit, but we may never know because they weren't meant for the eyes of children.

Matt "Teach Your Children" Cyganik

bobw 06-11-2021 01:03 PM

The ball

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...fa4efb15_c.jpg

ooo-ribay 06-11-2021 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow! I'm not an autograph guy at all but even I can tell that's no good.

Did Coaches Corner ever sell anything that was legit? When I started collecting in 1993, I would geek out over their auctions. This was pre-internet and pre-ebay. I bought this Kevin Mitchell ball from them and came to realize it's not even close to his autograph. Why do I even still own this??? I believe the signature on the game worn hat is legit. I have a couple of other CC balls that I think are legit but I'm not going to show them and let you guys burst my bubble! :p

BillyCoxDodgers3B 06-11-2021 04:00 PM

And for those who missed it, he wasn't looking for opinions. He was offering the ball at a laughably low price if it had in fact been the genuine article. Not too hard to do the math.

bigfanNY 06-11-2021 05:01 PM

I love The " 3 balls are on loan to the Hall of Fame from this collection" ..Classic..

egri 06-11-2021 05:04 PM

A watch collecting forum I'm a member of (another hobby prone to scammers) has a 200 post minimum before members are allowed to buy or sell on the site, and the moderators are very good about catching people who try to spam their way to 200. Might be a way to cut down on the number of posts like this.

bigfanNY 06-11-2021 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=CopperRaven;2112535]No idea what that is. This collection was passed down to me from my great grandfather and grandfather, they lived in Chicago. My grandfather passed in 1994. It stayed unopened until October of last year when we realized our son will never appreciate sports.
We did sell 4 more expensive balls. The private collector sent them to be certified. They all came back good. I’ve had 2 curators at the Baseball HOF look at the entire collection. And I just sent them 3 on loan.
Sorry if I’m not up on current terms. This isn’t something we do from day to day.
This isn’t something we do for a living or even for a hobby.

He points out that this is not something That he dose for a living or even a Hobby. Then he posts in BST asking if a 1930 A's ball is available. This isn't funny this guy is dangerous.
Jonathan Sterling

egri 06-11-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfanNY (Post 2112736)
He points out that this is not something That he dose for a living or even a Hobby. Then he posts in BST asking if a 1930 A's ball is available. This isn't funny this guy is dangerous.
Jonathan Sterling

At first I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to him not wanting to hear his grandpa got taken for a ride. But I looked at his post history, including the part where he tried to buy a ball off of Kevin eight months after he was banned, and this guy needs banned.

Jcosta19 06-11-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egri (Post 2112727)
A watch collecting forum I'm a member of (another hobby prone to scammers) has a 200 post minimum before members are allowed to buy or sell on the site, and the moderators are very good about catching people who try to spam their way to 200. Might be a way to cut down on the number of posts like this.

These posts are not very frequent. Its also usually very easy to tell when something is up with a poster or seller.

I probably bought 20+ cards on this site before I had 200 posts so I'm not a fan of this idea.
Making paypal g/s required if you are selling and under 200 posts might be reasonable however.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ooo-ribay 06-11-2021 09:07 PM

Not to make this about me, but I’d still like to know if CC ever sold anything good... :p

perezfan 06-11-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 2112800)
Not to make this about me, but I’d still like to know if CC ever sold anything good... :p

I believe they did in the beginning. Maybe 25/75 at the start, but nothing very high-ticket.

As they evolved/devolved, they started coming out with the more egregious and outrageous fakes.

drcy 06-12-2021 01:03 AM

CC had some items with LOAs from PSA and JSA-- modern star stuff. Unless the LOAs were bogus, I assume there were some authentic items.

roarfrom34 06-12-2021 07:35 AM

who knew HOF curators would "look over" autograph collections?

Leon 06-12-2021 07:47 AM

+1. Not very many bad sales at all happen on this site. Our members our pretty darned good at spotting scammers etc....

The fewer rules the better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcosta19 (Post 2112791)
These posts are not very frequent. Its also usually very easy to tell when something is up with a poster or seller.

I probably bought 20+ cards on this site before I had 200 posts so I'm not a fan of this idea.
Making paypal g/s required if you are selling and under 200 posts might be reasonable however.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey 06-12-2021 08:55 AM

my lil' ol 2 cents if I may please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2112873)
+1. Not very many bad sales at all happen on this site. Our members our pretty darned good at spotting scammers etc....

The fewer rules the better!

Heck fire, I seent my user name in someone's signature line just the other day and I just got here :D (which, in turn, caused me to update my own, I hope video links are cool?)