Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: Cautionary tale of Screen names (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=204723)

bn2cardz 04-20-2015 07:42 AM

OT: Cautionary tale of Screen names

I have recently started doing some stuff on COMC and found a screen name that may seem innocent except all the letters run together and seem apt for an SNL celebrity Jeopardy with Sean Connery.

The name was joelshitshow. Even though it should read as "Joel's Hit Show" ( (to be fair he does capitalize the correct letter, JoelsHitShow, but my mind still sees it all ran together). My wife saw "Joel S**t Show". I see "Joel S**ts How?". The underscore can really be your friend when picking an online screen name with multiple words. :eek:

Bocabirdman 04-20-2015 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1403136)
I have recently started doing some stuff on COMC and found a screen name that may seem innocent except all the letters run together and seem apt for an SNL celebrity Jeopardy with Sean Connery.

The name was joelshitshow. Even though it should read as "Joel's Hit Show" ( (to be fair he does capitalize the correct letter, JoelsHitShow, but my mind still sees it all ran together). My wife saw "Joel S**t Show". I see "Joel S**ts How?". The underscore can really be your friend when picking an online screen name with multiple words. :eek:

Kinda like Bull's Hit Ranch

Attachment 187272

z28jd 04-20-2015 09:27 AM

Comedian Donald Glover said he originally picked @donglover as his Twitter handle and quickly learned why that wasn't a good choice and he now makes sure people know him as Donald, not Don. Not sure if it was just a joke, but it was funny.

Rich Klein 04-20-2015 11:40 AM

you can read some fascinating comments about Joel on the Blowout board. Let's just say some of those people agree with your wife.

bn2cardz 04-20-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1403232)
you can read some fascinating comments about Joel on the Blowout board. Let's just say some of those people agree with your wife.

Well at least that is the good thing about COMC, you never have to directly deal with the other person outside listing and accepting or declining offers.

I will also note nothing stood about him other than the name, meaning I may have made the purchase or not I can't remember.

TanksAndSpartans 04-20-2015 02:25 PM

My experience was I made him a more than fair offer on a card and he not only rejected it without a counteroffer (which is fine), but raised the price. Apparently he is known for doing that - fair or not it really didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about COMC.

Rich Klein 04-21-2015 09:09 AM

That has nothing to do with COMC -- you can do the same on EBay. That's on the seller 100 percent.

Rich

Howe’s Hunter 04-21-2015 09:51 AM

The company I work for requires us to get maintenance medications (such as insulin) from a mail order pharmacy. One of their website addresses is doctorsexpress.com, which has lead to quite a few comments.