Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Dallas Cowboys (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=233911)

CMIZ5290 01-15-2017 06:18 PM

Dallas Cowboys

delete..

bnorth 01-15-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1620884)
delete..

I agree.:) Now football is meaningless till next year.

njdunkin1 01-15-2017 07:00 PM

I was cheering them on, even though I am a Wisconsinite. Aaron Rodgers played one heck of a game...so did Jared Cook! Great game to watch over pizza and root beer!

frankbmd 01-16-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

delete..

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1620896)
I agree.:) Now football is meaningless till next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1620901)
I was cheering them on, even though I am a Wisconsinite. Aaron Rodgers played one heck of a game...so did Jared Cook! Great game to watch over pizza and root beer!

Haters and traitor (?)

Running the table with adult beverages.:rolleyes::D

Econteachert205 01-16-2017 09:34 AM

Great game, no one should be hanging their heads.

Leon 01-16-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Econteachert205 (Post 1621026)
Great game, no one should be hanging their heads.

My wife is...

..I am a fair weather fan so could care less.....however, it is kind of fun seeing everyone get all excited and everything (being from the Dallas area)....

ps...this might be one of Kevin's better threads....

Runscott 01-16-2017 09:46 AM

Hey Frank! Hope you are doing well.

I've been a Cowboys fan since 1966, so there are now grown-up Cowboys haters out there who weren't even fetuses yet when I had been supporting them for thirty years. And there are Falcons fans out there who have never seen their team win a Super Bowl - all of them, in fact. That's got to be tough. As a life-long Astros fan, I think I know how they feel.

Aaron Rodgers was brilliant yesterday. The 'half Mary' pass was tough to watch, but you have to give the guy credit. I think the NFC Championship game is going to be a doozy with those two great quarterbacks.

Either Atlanta or Green Bay will be fun to watch in the Super Bowl.

frankbmd 01-16-2017 10:54 AM

Scott,

I did not see Kevin's post before it was deleted. Ben's post seems supportive though, so they are both presumably Cowboy fans as are you. I am not a Cowboy hater though. I think Zak and Zeke have a great future in Dallas.

However, I was referring to all the prior posts as Packer haters (or NJ as a WI traitor??).

I really doubt that any of us are true "haters". We are just partial to our teams.

A compilation of Rodgers' game winning last play heroics are unassailable as unbelievable, whether you are a Packer fan or not. Remember the game winning Hail Mary in Detroit last year and the similar pass to Cobb to end the first half two weeks ago. Now you can add the Jared Cook catch to the career highlight video.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images...odgers-to-cook

This year at 4-6, I really had my doubts, but when Rodgers made his "run the table" comment, I wasn't about to doubt him, as unlikely as it might have seemed. I remember the "R-E-L-A-X" comment to the Packer faithful several years ago after a few early season losses. He was correct then.

Now with two games to go to run the table and it certainly is not a lock, but at this point it at least seems plausible, if not likely to some.

The final three games should be interesting to all of us, even if our favorite team is not participating. If the Cowboys are your team, you are still welcome to tune in.;)

njdunkin1 01-16-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1621052)

However, I was referring to all the prior posts as Packer haters (or NJ as a WI traitor??).

For the specific game, I was a traitor :). It started as a joke on Sunday morning, actually. I'm not a Cowboy fan, and I actually like watching Aaron Rodgers. Since I live in the heart of Green Bay territory, I decided it would be good fun to irk all of the local green and gold fans by chanting "Go Cowboys!" after worship on Sunday morning.
I called GB winning the championship last Sunday at about 6:30 PM...so far I'm feeling pretty good about my decision.
Go Packoys!
NJ :)

pawpawdiv9 01-16-2017 11:37 AM

Someone betta call the Fire Department, The PACKERS are on Fire!!!!!
**As far as residing in Georgia, I never bet on my hometeam Atlanta Falcons. NEVER!!! The only thing positive is that we get more cashflow into the much needed city for the new stadiums being built.
*** As far as office pools $$$- We use to do 'buy squares'. Where after each quarter, the last digits of each team are used in a grid.

Runscott 01-16-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

I really doubt that any of us are true "haters". We are just partial to our teams.

Frank - I'm a Patriot hater. I'm not proud of it, but it just happened and I can't do anything about it :(

If I didn't grow up with the Cowboys, I'm sure I would be a Cowboy hater - the 'America's team' thing is annoying, even to me.

BTW - Kevin is definitely a Falcon fan. He is the only one I have ever 'met', and I lived there for 10 years.

Runscott 01-16-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

The final three games should be interesting to all of us, even if our favorite team is not participating. If the Cowboys are your team, you are still welcome to tune in.;)

I grew up HATING the Packers. They beat us in two consecutive NFL championships, then Lombardi left, guaranteeing that we could never get proper revenge.

Now the Packers are just plain likable, even for a Cowboys fan. How can you not like an Aaron Rodgers commercial? He's a good actor and he's funny, plus he's following up a guy who texted photos of his junk, so he automatically seems better. And he goes out on the field and kicks butt, even bringing the 'Hail Mary' back into fashion. I hated that 30-yard pass yesterday, but on the other hand, I admired the way Rodgers made it happen, and I fully expected it. I hope they go to the Super Bowl and give Brady (America's Quarterback) and painful defeat.

bnorth 01-16-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1621060)
For the specific game, I was a traitor :). It started as a joke on Sunday morning, actually. I'm not a Cowboy fan, and I actually like watching Aaron Rodgers. Since I live in the heart of Green Bay territory, I decided it would be good fun to irk all of the local green and gold fans by chanting "Go Cowboys!" after worship on Sunday morning.
I called GB winning the championship last Sunday at about 6:30 PM...so far I'm feeling pretty good about my decision.
Go Packoys!
NJ :)

That is funny, I do the same here with the Vikings being in Viking territory. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid, my favorite 2 teams are the Cowboys and whoever is playing the Vikings.:D

D. Bergin 01-16-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1621086)
I grew up HATING the Packers. They beat us in two consecutive NFL championships, then Lombardi left, guaranteeing that we could never get proper revenge.

Now the Packers are just plain likable, even for a Cowboys fan. How can you not like an Aaron Rodgers commercial? He's a good actor and he's funny, plus he's following up a guy who texted photos of his junk, so he automatically seems better. And he goes out on the field and kicks butt, even bringing the 'Hail Mary' back into fashion. I hated that 30-yard pass yesterday, but on the other hand, I admired the way Rodgers made it happen, and I fully expected it. I hope they go to the Super Bowl and give Brady (America's Quarterback) and painful defeat.

As a Giants fan I hate, hate, hate the Cowboys, but even I would have rooted for them over the Patriots.

Great game that neither team really deserved to lose, as both played great. Packers just happened to be the last team with the ball.

Both FG kickers were also very clutch.

Runscott 01-16-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1621209)
As a Giants fan I hate, hate, hate the Cowboys, but even I would have rooted for them over the Patriots.

Great game that neither team really deserved to lose, as both played great. Packers just happened to be the last team with the ball.

Both FG kickers were also very clutch.

I don't think I believe you really hate the Cowboys. Give it another go.

clydepepper 01-16-2017 04:37 PM

Well, I'm going to be really torn next week as the only two NFL teams I care for are meeting each other.

I can only hope that it doesn't get decided by some bad or missed call...I think the officials have had a pretty sorry post-season so far.

I can't see Atlanta's defense stopping Rodgers' Magic, but I also don't see the Packers' defense containing all of Matt Ryan's options.

It will be very surprising if it's NOT a great game.

It may not live up to the Green Bay-Dallas game or the Clemson-Alabama thriller, but, if it comes close...we will all be very blessed.

D. Bergin 01-16-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1621215)
I don't think I believe you really hate the Cowboys. Give it another go.

I believe that Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston were half siblings born of a satanic love triangle between Larry Hagman, Shelley Winters and Craig Morton.

;)

Runscott 01-16-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1621224)
I believe that Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston were half siblings born of a satanic love triangle between Larry Hagman, Shelley Winters and Craig Morton.

;)

Now I believe you. I'm scared of you, but I believe you.

CMIZ5290 01-17-2017 03:04 PM

Can the Falcons just somewhat contain Rodgers? Clayborn is a huge loss for Atlanta on the defensive line... I can't believe it, but the over/under in Vegas is 62! That has got to be a record for an NFL game...

rjackson44 01-17-2017 03:23 PM

im a redskin fan go back to larry brown and billy kilmer.dallas had a hell of a season ..my redskins they stink.

Runscott 01-17-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1621499)
Can the Falcons just somewhat contain Rodgers? Clayborn is a huge loss for Atlanta on the defensive line... I can't believe it, but the over/under in Vegas is 62! That has got to be a record for an NFL game...

It was a playoff game record at 60, which surprises me given that the Cowboys/Packers game had 65 points.

This should be a great game, but I'm still in too much pain to watch football. Hoping to be repaired by the Super Bowl.

frankbmd 01-17-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

delete..

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1621499)

Is this a Net54 first?

The OP of this thread deletes his first post (presumably the reason for the thread) and then returns 2 days later to post a comment.:eek:

I'm not complaining, or even throwing a penalty flag. No harm, no foul IMO.

CMIZ5290 01-17-2017 05:19 PM

My God, let me delete again....The only reason why I replied was because of all the comments that followed the original post.

clydepepper 01-17-2017 09:16 PM

As one who used to have to clean white-out off my first monitor's screen, I understand the need to delete even after starting a new thread.

While I have sometimes backed out or previewed my initial posts, I can see how easy it would be to wind up with a 'd1' thread.

It's all just a matter of when or if you change your mind...no big deal IMHO

I'm just proud that I almost always check my punctuation and spelling before posting.

Kevin, that is not directed at you...just something I take pride in.

Play on, folks.

Runscott 01-18-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1621546)
My God, let me delete again....The only reason why I replied was because of all the comments that followed the original post.

Okay, maybe I'm giving you too much credit, but I thought 'Delete' WAS the intentional post, as in 'Cowboys deleted'. I thought it was sort of brilliant.

CMIZ5290 01-18-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1621754)
Okay, maybe I'm giving you too much credit, but I thought 'Delete' WAS the intentional post, as in 'Cowboys deleted'. I thought it was sort of brilliant.

yes!

Runscott 01-19-2017 01:38 PM

This sums up my feelings at the moment: