Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   For those who bleed Dodger Blue - Mookie saves the day (twice) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=292210)

rlevy 11-22-2020 01:48 PM

For those who bleed Dodger Blue - Mookie saves the day (twice)

4 Attachment(s)
I know this isn't "vintage", but it certainly is game used. After waiting 32 years, I don't think it is too early to reflect upon some of the great Dodger moments of the 2020 postseason. Without Mookie's great catches in games 5 and 7 of the NLCS, the Dodgers may not have gotten to the World Series. Below are the 2 baseballs from those plays: Game 5, when Mookie makes a shoestring catch and the runner leaves third too early, taking away a run and ending the inning with a double play, and Game 7, when Mookie steals a homerun from Freeman to prevent the Braves from increasing their lead. The hit mark from Freeman's bat is visible on the ball.

Attachment 427307
Attachment 427308
Attachment 427311
Attachment 427312

GaryPassamonte 11-22-2020 02:09 PM

Rick- That is fantastic! I've been an avid Dodger fan since 1965 and am still high from the World Series. I'm not a big Dodger collector, but I know you are. Congratulations.

71buc 11-22-2020 02:39 PM

Very cool! I’m a bit of a closet Dodger fan myself. Ron Cey is from my area so I grew up rooting for those Dodgers as long as they weren’t playing the Bucs. I flew in for Game 6 against Houston in 2017. I watched the game with 54K strangers wearing my Pantone 294 hat. I paid 1K for a single bleacher seat and would do it again in a heart beat. Congrats those are awesome balls. How solid you obtain them?

rlevy 11-22-2020 02:55 PM

I'm hoping we won't have another 32 years until the next title:). Mike, I was at that game in 2017 as well, tons of fun. Unfortunately, Game 7 didn't go as well.

rlevy 11-22-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 2037730)
Very cool! I’m a bit of a closet Dodger fan myself. Ron Cey is from my area so I grew up rooting for those Dodgers as long as they weren’t playing the Bucs. I flew in for Game 6 against Houston in 2017. I watched the game with 54K strangers wearing my Pantone 294 hat. I paid 1K for a single bleacher seat and would do it again in a heart beat. Congrats those are awesome balls. How solid you obtain them?

MIke, If I understand your question correctly, I got these from MLB directly, they come with their authentication. Usually, most of the baseballs they sell are for the less note-worthy plays. I was a little surprised they made some highlight baseballs available this year, usually the teams playing grab them first.

Duluth Eskimo 11-22-2020 08:57 PM

Rick,
Those are really great items. Things that every baseball fan can relate to. Nice pick ups.

doug.goodman 11-22-2020 09:44 PM

Nice!

rlevy 11-23-2020 08:10 AM

Thanks guys. While certainly not a Yankees fan, when I lived on the east coast I would watch the Yankees just to see Jeter play. Mookie reminds me of Jeter, plays the game right and you may see something spectacular. I feel for Red Sox fans losing him, but am happy he will be here in LA for a long time.