Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mark Macrae's yearly (twice this year) auction was today. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=62685)

Archive 11-24-2002 03:32 PM

Mark Macrae's yearly (twice this year) auction was today.

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Boy, some friend I am! I should have posted this yesterdsay or a week ago.<BR><BR>First splurge with post dated checks:<BR><BR>T3 Johnson , ex+. I'm somewhat disappointed. If Johnson looks like the photos I've seen of him, and like his 2 T206s, this lithograph doesn't anywhere near do him justice.<BR><BR>T206 Plank, g/vg/vg. No creases, no tears, no stains. well-rounded corners (one is especially bad); even the borders look rounded! But picture is fine and back is clean. I said this was the only T206 rarity i was interested in, and by golly, I got it. Mark didn't refer to the new price guide, but the card fits in perfectly.<BR><BR>T206 Walsh, ex (-?). decided I needed a T206 after looking him up.<BR><BR>Bf2 Weaver: SO much nicer than the Bf2 Jackson I bought at Mark's last show--no, since then. Pumpkin colored triangle is perfect, photo is a little larger than the Jackson, and very clean, and there is a ball-and-bat decoration to either side of the photo.<BR><BR>SBC bobble head Cepeda, from Peter Dobbins: (decided I could fork over $40 without starving). Bpought it for a friend of Bob's who collects Giants' bobble heads. It's solid and heavy, head is round and looks like cepeda. Bat is removable. Was given out at Pac Bell park early in the season as part of an Hispanic celebration. And the guy I got it for doesn't have it! O joy! Asked if I would like an albino kenny Lofton in trade-er, not really. It's a PRESENT.<BR><BR>Lots of nice old stuff at the show... <BR><BR>

Archive 11-24-2002 04:51 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I really mis setting up Mark's shows. They were always one of my best money making shows, but also cost me a lot of money because of all the great material you could find. Probabley the only 'small' show in the country that is worth traveling to for vintage cards.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 11-24-2002 05:31 PM

Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>Is it a card show with a silent or live auction? Or is it an auction by phone, email, fax etc..

Archive 11-24-2002 05:57 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>unless he has changed things, it is a live auction<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 11-24-2002 06:56 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Please tell me he didn't have any tough T207s for auction. Please?

Archive 11-25-2002 12:46 AM

Posted By: <b>brian parker</b><p>Julie meant show, as Mark hosts a small card show each year in the SF area.<BR><BR>Brian

Archive 11-25-2002 12:56 PM

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p><BR>Mark always has a little of everything (though he doesn't always have a Plank!)The show is a St. Leander's church, right across from the San leandro Bart Station.<BR><BR>...

Archive 11-25-2002 01:30 PM

Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>if you can pull it off, post a scan of your new plank so we can all admire it's rare beauty! by the way, congrats on the great purchase.

Archive 11-25-2002 06:08 PM

Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>I can send an e-mail. While my computer was down, I sent Erik copies (as in xerox) of an M101-2 Jackson and a 1915 Zeenut Williams for his website (www.1919blacksox.com). They came out real good.<BR><BR>I feel like an idiot not being able to post pictures. But Bob can't either, and he's been a programmer since 1964!