Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New member introduction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202400)

RobertC 03-01-2015 08:42 AM

New member introduction

I found this forum while doing research on 1968 Topps Milton Bradley cards, and was amazed at the information here. I just joined and I thought I should introduce myself. I started collecting Hank Aaron cards in the 80's and 90's, along with my dad (who collected Pete Rose) and my brother (who collected Mickey Mantle). I stopped collecting in the late 90's - a divorce can have that effect :(, but I did get to keep my cards :D. I just got back into this hobby recently and filled some holes in my collection in February; I got a 1967 Punchout, a 1956 Bill & Bob's postcard, a 1968 Topps Milton Bradley, a 1972 Milton Bradley, and a few others. Looking forward to being involved with Net54baseball!

jb67 03-01-2015 08:56 AM

Welcome to the boards RobertC. I think you will find this to be a great place to share and learn about vintage cardboard.

Leon 03-01-2015 08:59 AM

Welcome aboard!!

gregr2 03-01-2015 09:09 AM

HI Robert and welcome to the forum!! It's a great place to learn.

begsu1013 03-01-2015 11:13 AM

welcome!

Robert,

I just joined here less than a month ago and such a different vibe here than other boards. been primarily pursuing the old threads and learning the ropes, but seems to be a good group of guys here and a wealth of knowledge.

as for your 68 bradley set, you doing raw or graded?

everything happens for a reason! because of this, I was able to pick up a 68 nolan ryan proof sheet/card (blank back) yesterday. had I not joined here I would have never even had the opportunity to see or snag it! thanks again navarro!

Zach Wheat 03-01-2015 01:14 PM

Welcome

Welcome Robert. Yes there is a plethora of information about seemingly any card issue you need to know about. Just excuse the angst which seems to pop up once in a while.

Enjoy

Z Wheat

hcv123 03-01-2015 01:17 PM

Aaron items

Welcome. Can't say enough good things about this community! I have a number of rare Aaron items for sale. Pm me if you would like a list.

RobertC 03-01-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by begsu1013 (Post 1386046)
Robert,

I just joined here less than a month ago and such a different vibe here than other boards. been primarily pursuing the old threads and learning the ropes, but seems to be a good group of guys here and a wealth of knowledge.

as for your 68 bradley set, you doing raw or graded?

everything happens for a reason! because of this, I was able to pick up a 68 nolan ryan proof sheet/card (blank back) yesterday. had I not joined here I would have never even had the opportunity to see or snag it! thanks again navarro!

I'm not actually doing the '68 bradley set. I found an Aaron for sale, but I didn't know anything about the set. I did a search, which led me to a thread on here. I bought the Aaron, then joined. It worked out really well!!

JollyElm 03-01-2015 04:30 PM

Welcome aboard!!

I recently got a good deal on a dead-centered 1970 Topps Aaron and I grabbed it as quickly as I could. I know the struggle. Have fun here!!!

Mark70Z 03-02-2015 05:56 PM

Welcome!

Robert,

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum...

Mark

almostdone 03-02-2015 06:48 PM

Robert so good to have you here. Do you primarily collect Aaron cards or are in you into other choices as well?
Drew

the 'stache 03-02-2015 10:15 PM

Welcome both Robert and Bob both!

If you gentlemen ever have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message. I usually check the forum at least once a day, so I should be able to get back to you pretty quickly.

Enjoy!!

Bill

gnpaden 03-03-2015 09:55 AM

welcome aboard! I joined not to long ago and learn so much by just reading the different forums....and find some amazing cards to buy!

Hammerin'Hank 03-03-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 1385965)
I found this forum while doing research on 1968 Topps Milton Bradley cards, and was amazed at the information here. I just joined and I thought I should introduce myself. I started collecting Hank Aaron cards in the 80's and 90's, along with my dad (who collected Pete Rose) and my brother (who collected Mickey Mantle). I stopped collecting in the late 90's - a divorce can have that effect :(, but I did get to keep my cards :D. I just got back into this hobby recently and filled some holes in my collection in February; I got a 1967 Punchout, a 1956 Bill & Bob's postcard, a 1968 Topps Milton Bradley, a 1972 Milton Bradley, and a few others. Looking forward to being involved with Net54baseball!

Welcome aboard !

On the Aaron - Rose - Mantle thing. I share your like for collecting Aaron. He is my favorite and my 2nd favorite is Pete Rose. Your dad has good taste in liking Rose. My dad's favorite player growing up in the 50's was Mickey Mantle. Unfortunately with 4 younger brothers none of his Mantle's are still around...... Well, they're probably still around. His youngest brother sold them when pops was in the military. Ya.......they still don't get along too great. Granted that brother doesn't get along with anyone.

There seems to be a lot of guys in there 30s-40s jumping back in the hobby. I just jumped back in within the last 3 years, or so. Hope you enjoy the forum. Its great for both education and gazing at great cards.

jason.1969 03-03-2015 04:17 PM

I am a Hank Aaron collector as well. I don't get very creative in terms of his cards--mainly just his Topps standard issues from 1954-1976. Beyond that, I had a great time collecting his bobbleheads and period magazine covers. An inventory and some pics are here--

https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...n-wall-museum/

quitcrab 03-04-2015 02:20 PM

Welcome to the boards
PM me ... I have a couple of the Aaron's you need

Scott

quitcrab 03-05-2015 10:40 AM

Robert Did you receive my private message about the Aaron cards I have for you ? I feel like they are not going through because they are not showing up in my "sent" box. Thanks. Scott

Harford20 03-05-2015 11:56 AM

More Aaron Competition

Welcome Robert.

My father and I are working on every card that Aaron has had, and like you, we are also missing those dreaded late 1960's Topps rare issues and Test issues. Honestly, a bit envious of that 1968 Venezuela Topps Aaron that you have posted--another that we are missing. Also having some difficulty with the Bazooka complete boxes and the Dad's Cookies.

On a side note, where did you find the Topps Punchout? This card seems to be our "white whale".

Dave

RobertC 03-05-2015 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Scott,
pm sent.

Dave,
I picked up the 67 Punchouts off ebay last month. All the tabs are gone and there is a little writing on the back, but overall a pretty nice card for the money. I also picked up a Bill & Bob postcard - two small creases on the bottom left (probably caused by the stamp). It was mailed and has a 1956 postal mark.

pawpawdiv9 03-05-2015 12:53 PM

Love the Hank(as being from GA and all) The 54 RC was among my 1st cards i ever got. I enjoy it a ton.
For some odd reason, i never added a spic/span or a johnston cookie. But when i read the Ind clowns it got me more intreseted as i see one of those remakes on Ebay.
Here is something i never seen, just posting the pic (to not out a ongoing auction)
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDU4MQ...UtYaY/$_12.JPG
Lots of odd things just popping up nowadays Good Luck with your Hank runs guys.

Harford20 03-05-2015 01:25 PM

Robert, I must have been taking a major siesta missing that punch-out. I hope the cost was reasonable.

Chris, that Aaron stand-up is nice, but a bit pricey (although another card I have yet to own).

The Aaron rares are torture.
Dave

RobertC 03-05-2015 01:40 PM

Dave,
On the punchout, the seller did not mention the writing on the back in his original listing. It was just a small "won". However, the high bidder withdrew his bid when he found out. I was impressed with the seller, because he messaged me about the writing. I think it was reasonable - $350.