Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention 2022 March 25-27 In Strongsville, OH (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=316681)

Leon 03-15-2022 11:49 AM

Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention 2022 March 25-27 In Strongsville, OH

As a benefit to our members and one of our best advertisers here is some information on the upcoming show-

Premier Annual Event for Rare Sports Cards and Memorabilia Features Vintage Sports Dealers, Authenticators and Auction Houses All Under One Roof

Sports Legends Wade Boggs, Jack Morris, Thomas Hearns, and Lawrence Taylor along with Cleveland Sports Greats Bernie Kosar, Ernest Byner, Kevin Mack, and Austin Carr Headline Autograph Signing Lineup

Strongsville, OH, March 7, 2022 – The Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention (SSCC), the country’s longest-running all vintage sports card and memorabilia show and the go-to event for collectors “in the know,” returns this year to Strongsville, OH (Best Western Conference Center, 15471 Royalton Road) from March 25-27. One of the hobby’s most popular and important annual events for rare and vintage sports cards and memorabilia, the SSCC attracts thousands of passionate collectors from across the U.S. each year. The SSCC is returning after a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic.

Founded as the Ohio Sports Collectors Convention in 1978, the SSCC features the “best of the best” dealers, authenticators and auction houses nationwide. Each year, collectors from coast to coast flock to Strongsville to buy and sell to the country’s top vintage sports dealers. Attendees also have access to a wide array of experts for appraisal of their items, can bring their cards for grading by CSG, and submit autographed memorabilia for authentication by JSA – both of whom are the exclusive providers of these services at the SSCC. The show also boasts an all-star lineup of autograph signing sessions.

Given the recent massive growth and interest in sports cards and memorabilia, show producers expect record numbers of attendees this year, with thousands expected to journey to Strongsville from all over the U.S.
“Strongsville is one of the greatest shows in the hobby and we are excited to bring it back this year,” said Convention Manager Laura Dreyfus. “For these three days, Ohio will be the center of the sports card universe.”

For those attendees who want to better understand the value of items or collections they own, the show offers the finest dealers and auction houses who can provide expert “on the spot” appraisals for their items. Attendees should plan to bring their items and tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience available for free at the show.

Headlining the lineup of autograph signing sessions this year are Baseball Hall of Famers Wade Boggs and Jack Morris, NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, and boxing great Tommy “the Hitman” Hearns. Appearances by Cleveland Browns greats Bernie Kosar, Ernest Byner, Kevin Mack, Greg Pruitt, and current running back Kareem Hunt are also on tap. The schedule also includes Cleveland Cavaliers great Austin Carr, and former Cleveland Indians star Joe Charboneau. (Note: some of the autograph guests may be available for pre-event phone interviews).

Show hours for the SSCC 2022 are Friday, March 25 (12 pm – 8 pm), Saturday, March 26 (10 am – 6 pm) and Sunday, March 27 (10 am – 4 pm).

Collectors and fans can take advantage of discounted admission tickets online now at strongsvilleports.com which may also be purchased for full price at the door. Autograph tickets are also available on the website but can be had at the show while they last.
The Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention is being sponsored for the 14th time this year by Lelands, the original sports auction house and the premier appraisers and auctioneers in the hobby, along with autograph authenticator James Spence Authentication (JSA) and card grading firm Certified Sports Guaranty (CSG).

For more information about the 2022 show, visit strongsvillesports.com and contact Steve Menzie at sales@sportcardexpo.com or (416) 738-4676.

About Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention
The Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention (SSCC) is recognized by hobby enthusiasts as one of the premier annual events for rare and vintage sports cards and memorabilia. The convention began as the Ohio Sports Collectors Convention in 1978 and is the longest-running show in the country for vintage sports cards and memorabilia. For more information, visit Strongsvillesports.com.

Leon 03-21-2022 05:52 PM

A friendly bump for a show I hope to attend one day.

edhans 03-22-2022 06:41 AM

Re: Strongsville

Gary Nuchereno and I will be at tables 125-128. Please stop by and say hello.

Jstottlemire1 03-22-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edhans (Post 2207891)
Gary Nuchereno and I will be at tables 125-128. Please stop by and say hello.

I’ll be sure to stop and say hello sir.

Josh

Brian Van Horn 03-22-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2207783)
A friendly bump for a show I hope to attend one day.

Leon,

I am not trying to torture you, but it is a good show. I may on Friday travel to Rogers, Ohio, then Strongsville and then to Canton before heading back home.

IndyDave 03-22-2022 01:52 PM

I bought my ticket for Friday last night.

Today as I am scrolling through Facebook I see that the show has posted that they are pushing the start of the show back two hours. Instead of opening at Noon, they will open at 2:00 p.m.

I'm not sure why the change (VIP ticket holders can enter at Noon) but for someone who had planned on attending Friday and had purchased a ticket, this is very disappointing.

BobC 03-22-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 2207975)
Leon,

I am not trying to torture you, but it is a good show. I may on Friday travel to Rogers, Ohio, then Strongsville and then to Canton before heading back home.

Brian, You go to the Roger's Fleamarket? Didn't think it would be very busy this time of the year, what with the weather and all.

vic 03-22-2022 03:32 PM

Strongsville Show

will be there Table #5 - Stop by for your football needs -

Vic Stanley

V & J Cards

parkplace33 03-24-2022 01:31 PM

I am seeing a lot of chatter about this show. I would think a record turnout!

dfletch00 03-24-2022 05:31 PM

Strongsville show

Ill be there Friday and Sunday .. I was there in 1978 as a "kid" I guess .. one of my first card shows .. brings back some good memories of my early start in collecting ... hope to see a few of you .. Darrell

Johnny630 03-25-2022 06:57 AM

I expect the low off grade dollar boxes to be busy.

ClementeFanOh 03-25-2022 07:09 AM

Strongsville show

Johnny- you are a persistent naysayer who knows NOTHING about this show.
It's a great vintage show with a wonderful selection, always has been. You
can "expect" the show to be like you- a downer- but you're wrong. I hear
Oscar the Grouch calling, he wants you back in the trash can. Sheesh!

Trent King

Johnny630 03-25-2022 08:15 AM

Trent you have a lot of anger who makes ignorant statements about what I may or may not know I never said the show wouldn’t be great with a large variety of vintage, I’ve been going to this show for over 20 years. It’s amazing how you can spin one comment about the dollar boxes being busy into that I’m a constant naysayers/Debbie Dower who knows nothing about the show.

The dollar boxes will be busy, it is what it is. Many collectors fill their lower end sets from these boxes it’s great for them! It also brings many young collectors into the vintage world of collecting another major plus. I see many fathers at the show with their sons who stop at the dollar boxes and let their kids pick a few cards from them. It’s nice to see :-).

The show will be great as always, I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys seeing familiar faces. Unlike you I won’t lower myself to name calling and making baseless assumptions, this board is about cards and having fun at the show. Not intolerance and personal attacks. I hope you find peace and mostly I hope everyone enjoys the show :-).

ClementeFanOh 03-25-2022 04:59 PM

Strongsville show

Johnny- nope, you're not playing the victim partner. Your passive-aggressive
nonsense wears thin. I was at the show today, and there were tons of great
cards- "A" list graded HOF, scarcities, multiple sports, auction houses
showcasing monster cards. I don't 'have a lot of anger", I can just spot a
guy trying to make himself look like superior- and failing- a mile away. My
statements aren't "ignorant", either. You are what you are. Maybe try keeping
it to yourself? Trent King

yanks87 03-25-2022 05:14 PM

I wasn't able to make the trip from Oregon, but my dad went today, who I have recently converted into a pre-war junkie. He walked away with a STACK of B18's (his favorite) some strip cards for me, and a Dots Miller T206 as we try to complete a run with the backs. All in all, from a far, he said it was a great show. Now I get to go to a mall show in Oregon tomorrow and sort through Pokemon and new cards trying to find a treasure.

I think he got the better end of the deal!

dfletch00 03-25-2022 06:09 PM

ville show

Great show .. was there today ... Overwhelmingly vintage ... Very busy and packed and good dealers ... they may want to consider bigger venue .... good to see that doing well . may shoot back on Sunday

BRoberts 03-25-2022 08:37 PM

I happened to be wrapping up a week of business in Youngstown, so I decided to extend my stay in Ohio by a day and go to the show. The promoters didn't do a good job stating what the hours were, something you'd think would be easy. The show originally was scheduled to open at noon (10 a.m. for VIP tickets), then got moved to 2 p.m. (per the website), but ended opening at 10 when VIP ticket holders showed up early and complained. I spoke to a few dealers who showed up at 11, expecting a noon opening, and were surprised to see attendees on the floor walking around.

All that being said, the show was able to overcome the poor management and was worth attending, at least for me. As someone said, there was very little, if any, modern. There was more memorabilia than I expected, but as expected it tilted toward Cleveland stuff, which just isn't up my alley.

Strong prices and a few dealers who were operating museums, but that comes with the territory.

RedsFan1941 03-25-2022 09:32 PM

went to the show. strong as always. leon you really should make the trip.

Brian Van Horn 03-25-2022 10:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, I go to a baseball card show and buy twelve players and one coach from this set. :)

Leon 03-26-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 2208972)
went to the show. strong as always. leon you really should make the trip.

I know I know. And I promise I will in the not too distant future. Heck, I could almost go to one of these, see a ton of hobby friends, and skip NJ...

jimtodd 03-28-2022 06:42 AM

I went for a few hours yesterday, and it was a good show. More people than I expected even in the waning hours. I got to meet Sudden Sam McDowell at a booth selling his book, and didn’t even realize it was him I was talking to until several minutes later! Saw a decent amount of T206 and Goudey, but 75% seemed post-war vintage. I didn’t buy too much but had a good time.

edhans 03-28-2022 07:03 AM

Re: Strongsville Sports Collectors Convention 2022 March 25-27 In Strongsville, OH

Terrific show. Sold more than any of the 15 Nationals I've done. Almost all of the other dealers I spoke with concurred. Despite the start time snafu, Mike, Laura and the rest of the Lelands team did a great job. Saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Hotel itself was understaffed and mediocre at best. Biggest problem for me will be replacing all the inventory I sold before Pittsburgh and the National. Look forward to next year.