Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Address Game (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169467)

frankbmd 05-27-2013 07:06 AM

The Address Game

Here's something that's never been tried before. I was just addressing an envelope for a B/S/T winner. His house number was larger than 13,000. The street name did not sound like a major thoroughfare.

My first thought was "Gee, he is a long way from somewhere". My second thought was "I'll bet there aren't 13,000+ homes on that street." I then looked in the mirror and realized that I am a long way from somewhere and that my street number is 7,332. You know how many houses there are on my street............Two (2).

To play the Address Game, divide your street number by the number of houses on your street. High score wins. Can anyone top mine.:D

Jantz 05-29-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1137347)
You know how many houses there are on my street............Two (2).

Do you know both of your neighbors? :D

Jantz

steve B 05-30-2013 10:10 AM

.208 (5/24)

Much lower if you count two familys, and the couple apartment buildings at the end of the block.

Steve B

Jayworld 05-30-2013 11:23 AM

Interesting and fun....

720/18 = 40

Cardboard Junkie 05-30-2013 11:30 AM

My physical address is 151871. Yep, 6 digits!! I think there's about 20 one acre lots on my street and about half have houses, soooooo 151871divided by 10= 15,187...if my math is right? Dave. did i win....did i win??

frankbmd 05-30-2013 02:23 PM

The leader is Dave.......

and as the leader you get to maintain the Address Game Leaderboard. This requires ongoing surveillance of all the addresses and streets listed to verify that new construction is not taking place. Google Maps street view can be used for initial verification but cannot be trusted for timely new construction updates. If you wish to withdraw your questionable six digit number, it is too late. Hopefully there will be plenty of member participation to keep you from getting bored. And, by the way, congratulations.;)

Cardboard Junkie 05-30-2013 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What an Honor! I'm flabbergasted! I accept the assignment. Rather than "google earth" I think I will rely soley on the impecable honesty of our members. BTW Frank we all noticed how you cleverly avoided answering the OP question...."Do YOU know who your neighbors are? As for me, you ask? On one side I have a hare krishna family (lots of chants and bells).....on the other side I have a phillipino family (they cook things like goat heads and...ah...other mammals). In the back is a local gal (who grows a lot of psychoactive plants and fungi). There you have it..I believe I am perfectly qualified for the job. Time will tell if I have the stamina to see it through. Dave.:)

digdugdig 05-30-2013 06:10 PM

Thanks Frank, for helping move some more pocket calculators!!