Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T204 Ramly - think this will get a numerical grade? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330182)

Belfast1933 01-11-2023 02:49 PM

T204 Ramly - think this will get a numerical grade?

4 Attachment(s)
I’m very excited to add my first T204 Ramly card to my HOF “playing days” quest… I just received this Bender today and am planning to send to SGC to put him a great looking tux.

I shared the photo with another card friend who worries that this card looks trimmed to him (compared to his own Ramly cards, much fatter borders)

But I just measured this one (very rudimentary measures, as you can see) and looks like it does measure well to the expected 2 and 1/2 by 2 inch standard for this card.

Wondering what other experienced T204 collectors think - does this card look like it may receive a numerical grade from SGC? No matter what, it’s an absolute beauty! I’m just looking for some experienced options for likely grades.

Thx for weighing in

Jeff

sb1 01-11-2023 03:34 PM

Looks fine to me, but TPG often think they know more than myself on T204's :)

It's a nice looking card and has the correct border dimensions and edge look. While I can't tell from the scans if there are any minute wrinkles(does not appear to be so) I would think a 5 or 5.5, heck maybe even 6 from SGC, PSA would be a 4 from recent submission returns.

Corporal Lance Boil 01-11-2023 04:14 PM

It's a nice looking card. Congratulations.

I'd place it in the 4/5/6 range, based on what the grading companies do with Ramly.

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-11-2023 07:27 PM

I think the left side is trimmed. To me the real give-away is the back. Look at the top right corner on the reverse, and then all the way down the side. It is missing the light soiling present on the other corners and sides. Basically the edge is too fresh and doesn't match the other sides. That top corner is just oddly sharp as well. Finally if you look carefully at your ruler you are short of both the 1" and 3" marks by almost 1/16" total. That bothers me less than the other issues though.

G1911 01-11-2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2303418)
I think the left side is trimmed. To me the real give-away is the back. Look at the top right corner on the reverse, and then all the way down the side. It is missing the light soiling present on the other corners and sides. Basically the edge is too fresh and doesn't match the other sides. That top corner is just oddly sharp as well. Finally if you look carefully at your ruler you are short of both the 1" and 3" marks by almost 1/16" total. That bothers me less than the other issues though.

Plus, from the front, it appears that the cards left side, the right side to the viewer, runs at a sloping angle that is not balanced by the right sides angle. Can sometimes be the picture, but it looks like an unnatural cut.

Corporal Lance Boil 01-11-2023 08:03 PM

After seeing Scott's post, and taking more time to look, I agree with him. The top maybe trimmed as well.

It's still a beautiful card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2303418)

Bridwell 01-12-2023 01:52 PM

Trimmed T204

It looks like a very slight trim in at least 2 places. I don't think it would get a numerical grade.

Belfast1933 01-25-2023 01:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Net54 members get it right again… after my hopes were raised for a white hot minute and I thought my new Ramly might get a numerical grade, my expectations were tempered by others or you!

And sadly, you were right! Just got noticed Bemder got an “A” grade… but he sure does look sharp in his tux, right??

Corporal Lance Boil 01-25-2023 04:12 PM

It's still a gorgeous card, with very nice eye appeal. And a nice back to boot.

Belfast1933 01-25-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil (Post 2308058)
It's still a gorgeous card, with very nice eye appeal. And a nice back to boot.

I would agree, thx!

Peter_Spaeth 01-25-2023 05:01 PM

Looks to me from your ruler it measures a bit narrow? Was it sold to you with a representation it would grade?

NiceDocter 01-25-2023 05:08 PM

Ramly

Its a heck of a great card with a lot of eye appeal. Congrats on the pick up! A slight trim is way better than "color added" or rebuilt corners IMO.... of course nothing beats Au Natural...

Belfast1933 01-25-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2308070)
Looks to me from your ruler it measures a bit narrow? Was it sold to you with a representation it would grade?

Not at all… it was sold by a very reputable Net54 seller/collector and it was my chance that maybe 🤔 it would grade.

I paid at a good price point for an “A” - now just deciding if I keep or sell 🤔🤔🤔