Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Buy-It-Now Question... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=304610)

JollyElm 07-05-2021 12:25 AM

Buy-It-Now Question...

Is there a way to hit BIN and actually get (secure) the card without paying for it immediately? I know it was easy in the good old days, but believe it changed a while back and immediate payment is always required now??

Here's why. Saw a card I wanted to jump on, but then saw another card from the same seller that I also wished to purchase. His auctions state that you only pay shipping on the first card and everything else goes for 'free.' When I put them in my cart and went to checkout, it charged shipping on each card separately, and the only option I had was to pay for it now. No 'request total from the seller' or anything else. One of the cards was definitely going to be bought by the next person to see it, so I had to act fast. My decision was to just buy (and pay for) it by itself in order to secure it (in other words, making sure someone else doesn't jump in and steal it right from under my nose). Then I contacted the seller about the other card and told him how I was getting double-postaged, and he said to simply buy the second card and he'd refund said postage (which he did). My question is this. Is there a way to hit Buy-It-Now on these cards and pay for it later, after the postage has been corrected? It certainly would've saved me some anxious moments.

frankbmd 07-05-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2120141)
Is there a way to hit BIN and actually get (secure) the card without paying for it immediately? I know it was easy in the good old days, but believe it changed a while back and immediate payment is always required now??

Here's why. Saw a card I wanted to jump on, but then saw another card from the same seller that I also wished to purchase. His auctions state that you only pay shipping on the first card and everything else goes for 'free.' When I put them in my cart and went to checkout, it charged shipping on each card separately, and the only option I had was to pay for it now. No 'request total from the seller' or anything else. One of the cards was definitely going to be bought by the next person to see it, so I had to act fast. My decision was to just buy (and pay for) it by itself in order to secure it (in other words, making sure someone else doesn't jump in and steal it right from under my nose). Then I contacted the seller about the other card and told him how I was getting double-postaged, and he said to simply buy the second card and he'd refund said postage (which he did). My question is this. Is there a way to hit Buy-It-Now on these cards and pay for it later, after the postage has been corrected? It certainly would've saved me some anxious moments.

You suffer from PTSD

POSTAL TOTAL STRESS DISORDER

Seek professional therapy.

D. Bergin 07-05-2021 09:41 AM

Ebay has screwed with the shopping cart so much, the seller probably has some sort of default setting he doesn't even know he has.

Also, 3rd party shipping settings like Inkfrog, often clash with Ebay's shipping settings. I know some of my own listings don't combine as they are supposed to at the end of auctions, which is why I make it clear to try and wait until I send an amended invoice if you have won more then 1 item.

I don't even know if the few BIN listings I have are combining as they should.

Also, unrelated to this problem, but I can't count the number of times I tried to buy something from an overseas seller, that said they ship to The United States and to contact seller for shipping quote, and then I hit "Request Total", and Ebay refuses to send the message, insisting I have to change my shipping address to an address the seller sends to. :confused::confused:

earlywynnfan 07-05-2021 12:52 PM

I have some people request totals all the time, and a few that do not have the button to make the request. I've seen screen shots of what they see. I have no idea why it's different for different buyers.

maniac_73 07-05-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

I usually request total when its from the same buyer and they adjust the shipping before payment but after I hit BIN

Bestdj777 07-05-2021 01:59 PM

For whatever it’s worth, I have not found a work around and have had to do the same thing.

JollyElm 07-05-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 2120253)
I have some people request totals all the time, and a few that do not have the button to make the request. I've seen screen shots of what they see. I have no idea why it's different for different buyers.

But when they requested a total from you, had they actually secured the purchase, or was it still floating in limbo? In other words, while the buyer was requesting a total, could someone have swooped in and bought it (and paid for it) and basically pulled the rug out from under the original buyer? That's the heart of the issue here. You used to be able to hit the BIN and the card was yours, even if you didn't immediately pay for it.

UKCardGuy 07-05-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2120279)
But when they requested a total from you, had they actually secured the purchase, or was it still floating in limbo? In other words, while the buyer was requesting a total, could someone have swooped in and bought it (and paid for it) and basically pulled the rug out from under the original buyer? That's the heart of the issue here. You used to be able to hit the BIN and the card was yours, even if you didn't immediately pay for it.

No, when you request a total you have to commit to buying them. So at that point, they're yours subject to paying the "totalled" invoice

Jim65 07-05-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2120279)

When you hit the "request total" you are committing to buy and no one else can buy it.

Its the sellers option to list an item with "immediate payment" required.

vintagetoppsguy 07-05-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

I had this happen to me just last week. I was looking at some autographed 8X10's and the seller had 6 that I wanted and his listings said that he combined shipping. I added all 6 to my cart and went to pay, but it was going to charge me shipping for each one (@ $5 each). The option to "request total" was grayed out. When I hovered my mouse over that option it said, "You can't request a total for items that require immediate payment."

I contacted the seller and he did something on his end and asked me to try it again. That time it worked. I had to commit to buy, but then it sent a message to the seller requesting a total and the seller sent me an invoice. All was good. I don't know what the seller did on his end. If I had to guess, maybe change the listings to make them where immediate payment wasn't required? But I don't know for sure.

Jason 07-05-2021 08:04 PM

You use to be able to use the eBay app and make a BIN and pay for it as you would a won auction. I haven't tried in awhile but its worth a shot as it has worked for me before.