Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another SGC holder concern with input/opinions needed (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=200367)

Gobucsmagic74 01-23-2015 11:21 AM

Another SGC holder concern with input/opinions needed

I recently picked up a W551 Ruth/Cobb in SGC 80 from Brad (thanks Brad!) on the B/S/T and I have another concern about the SGC holder/gasket. Upon close inspection of the card, which is beautiful...I love it, I noticed that the gasket in the lower right corner seems to have a tiny "tooth" which appears to be hitting the bottom edge of the card and is causing damage to the edge, which although minute, can be seen by the naked eye and is clearly seen using a loop.

My question is should I contact SGC for a re-holder and go through the trouble of sending the card back in even if this offered free of charge or should I just let it be, seeing as how the damage, albeit very minor, is already done? Has anyone else had a similar issue and what did you do?

111gecko 01-23-2015 11:44 AM

Send the holder back

I have had a couple issues over the years with holders and can say SGC is top-notch in addressing problems very quickly.

They have always gone out of their way to assist to make things right. (Thanks Earl!)

Gary

D.P.Johnson 01-23-2015 12:36 PM

If the damage is already done, I wouldn't take the time to send it back...

Gobucsmagic74 01-23-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson (Post 1370745)
If the damage is already done, I wouldn't take the time to send it back...

Yeah, that's kind of the way I was leaning. It is very minor ding and I don't think it's enough to impact the grade so I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle. Talked to Earl at SGC and they will re-holder for free, but I'd be out shipping to and from and the ding will still be there so what's the point?

God I hope I'm not gonna be that parent who only sees the "B" on my son's otherwise straight "A" report card. Unfortunately that edge ding that shouldn't be there is all I can see at the moment.

slipk1068 01-23-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 (Post 1370752)
they will re-holder for free, but I'd be out shipping to and from

Way to go SGC. It is important to make your customer "whole" after making a mistake. Or half?

larrie804 01-23-2015 01:46 PM

Reholdering (SGC)

Last May I asked SGC to reholder a card....reholder only! It came back reholdered AND regraded. Previous grade an 88...new grade 70! The good news is that when contacted they actually PAID me the difference $$!

the-illini 01-23-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 (Post 1370752)
Yeah, that's kind of the way I was leaning. It is very minor ding and I don't think it's enough to impact the grade so I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle. Talked to Earl at SGC and they will re-holder for free, but I'd be out shipping to and from and the ding will still be there so what's the point?

God I hope I'm not gonna be that parent who only sees the "B" on my son's otherwise straight "A" report card. Unfortunately that edge ding that shouldn't be there is all I can see at the moment.

Also, what is the point in re-holdering a card with SGC when they are using the same gaskets? All you are doing is paying shipping both ways, risking the card sliding all over in transit, to get the same poor product you currently have.