Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT 138 Stolen PSA Card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=292748)

JamesGallo 12-02-2020 12:00 PM

OT 138 Stolen PSA Card

Hello all I am sorry for the off topic post but this is the best way to get this information out as quickly as possible.

I have a FedEx package that was supposed to be delivered from PSA to my shop in Willow Grove PA, on November 4th. The driver overrode the signature requirement and the package is nowhere to be found. All 138 cards are PSA graded with most being modern basketball with some football and baseball included. There are a lot of Joel Embiid's and here are a few cards that stand out

2019 Panini Prizm Tiger Strip Joel Embiid PSA 9
6 2019 Donruss Optic Fanatics Coby White ALL PSA 10
2007 Topps Moments & Milestones Ryan Howard RED 1/1 PSA 8

If anyone contacts you about these cards please get there contact information and pass it onto me or the Upper Moreland Police at 215-657-4700. The case is open with them and the cards have been reported as stolen. If you want the full list I would be happy to send it as well just just me a note.

Thanks for any help and keeping your eyes open for these cards

James Gallo

petecld 12-02-2020 12:13 PM

Hi James,

I keep hearing more and more how delivery drivers are ignoring signature requirements.

If you have not already, get the cert numbers and add them to your registry. Let PSA know of the situation. If someone tries to register one you will find out.

Hope you get your cards back,

Peter

samosa4u 12-02-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesGallo (Post 2041066)

The driver overrode the signature requirement and the package is nowhere to be found.

What does this mean? What did the last scan say? Did you speak to the driver?

JamesGallo 12-02-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 2041090)

It was supposed to have a signature required, the driver can force in an override. Scan says it was delivered to my business which it was not. I have been in touch with FedEx but they aren't exactly helpful.

James

philliesfan 12-02-2020 01:18 PM

Hi James. I live outside of Philadelphia, not far from Willow Grove. If you send me a list, I can keep an eye out for anything.
Thanks,
Bob

D. Bergin 12-02-2020 02:36 PM

Jeez, sorry to hear this. That's a fortune just in grading fees.

It's been awhile, but as a former UPS driver, leaving a box outside a place of business was the ultimate no-no.

They either had an alternate delivery address, or you would write it up as "Closed", and try again the next day. Anything considered "High Value", gets additional special treatment.

:(

conor912 12-02-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 2041090)

USPS is using covid as an excuse and literally writing “covid” on the signature line and leaving packages on doorsteps. I understand the argument for wanting your carriers to have as little contact as possible, but this new adhoc policy is, IMO, lazy and unprofessional. If I pay for signature confirmation, I want a signature confirmation. If you’re not going to deliver on that promise, don’t sell the service.

JamesGallo 12-02-2020 10:04 PM

Guys

Just to be clear, there is no thought in my mind that the driver left the package, I firmly believe it was purposely stolen.

The overdried signature was purposeful in my mind.

James G

Mark 12-03-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 2041234)
USPS is using covid as an excuse and literally writing “covid” on the signature line and leaving packages on doorsteps. I understand the argument for wanting your carriers to have as little contact as possible, but this new adhoc policy is, IMO, lazy and unprofessional. If I pay for signature confirmation, I want a signature confirmation. If you’re not going to deliver on that promise, don’t sell the service.

Absolutely.

hcv123 12-03-2020 09:30 AM

Recently had a similar incident!

I posted here - While in Fedex possession going overnight early delivery from PA to NY - my box was opened a page of 18 cards (including the 2 most valuable) was removed from a binder and the binder then replaced, box resealed and delivered. FedEx is THE WORST! - While they will take your money for as much insurance as you want - they will only pay out $1K Max on a "collectibles" claim.
The driver first attempted delivery at 6:30 AM to the wrong door (correct door was specified on the label). Finally got the binder with missing cards 4 hours later.