Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Listing Auction strategy when same card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224440)

1952boyntoncollector 06-24-2016 08:30 AM

Listing Auction strategy when same card

If you were listing a card in an open auction one ebay at .99 cents.and another of the exact same card and grade was being listed at .99 cents..would you want your card to end 1 minute before the other listing or 1 minute after?

Maybe if you list your card second you only get the highest bid from the underbidder on the first item who can now win your card for less...or maybe now that there are no other cards available for that day after yours people go all in..

just wondering...sometimes i list a card right after or right before PWCC /probstein or a random person's auctions because i know someone thats bidding on a certain card on a certain day will see mine as well...

Peter_Spaeth 06-25-2016 08:53 AM

I think you are overthinking it. Most auctions are won by snipes set who knows how long before, and in any case most of us can't compete with the big ebay sellers anyhow.

HRBAKER 06-25-2016 01:14 PM

I would want my card to look nicer and not care which one ended first.

1952boyntoncollector 06-25-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 1554744)
I would want my card to look nicer and not care which one ended first.

There are many cards though that look very very close to the same.....like mid 50s PSA 8 commons......well i listed some before and after and will let the board know..

1952boyntoncollector 06-25-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1554660)
I think you are overthinking it. Most auctions are won by snipes set who knows how long before, and in any case most of us can't compete with the big ebay sellers anyhow.

what you mean cant compete?....

if its done by snipes i would would think the 2 listings hurt each other as noone wants to win the same card twice..and bid less..

bnorth 06-25-2016 06:30 PM

I have not sold on eBay for several years so this could have easily changed. I used to sell a lot of very rare cards that mine were usually the only ones listed. On the rare occasion that someone else also listed the same rare card the one that ended first always sold for more.

1952boyntoncollector 06-25-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1554862)
I have not sold on eBay for several years so this could have easily changed. I used to sell a lot of very rare cards that mine were usually the only ones listed. On the rare occasion that someone else also listed the same rare card the one that ended first always sold for more.

ah ok. interesting...i selling some 1954 topps psa 8 cards....so these come up every month..but will be interesting of same card same grade that sell a minute apart what happens...

yeah if the card is much better in the same grade..then all bets are off and i understand...but curious on similar cards....i know pwcc does sell same card, same grade cards in the same auction so i guess i could just check their historical pricing