Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA Order Timetable (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287197)

robw1959 08-08-2020 10:42 AM

PSA Order Timetable

My 6-card order has now reached the "assembly" phase, during which labels are printed and encapsulation takes place. Does anyone have a good idea how much longer PSA needs at this point before the order gets shipped? They only phases left are two QA (quality assurance) checks. Thanks.
--Rob

Jim F 08-08-2020 10:48 AM

Depends which price level you submitted at. $20 level could take another 2 weeks to a month. More expensive levels should be a few days.

Baseballcrazy62 08-08-2020 10:56 AM

Good luck. I can’t answer that question but I can answer the question “ if I sent a bulk order in before the price change at the end of 2019 how long will it sit in the research/Id phase?” The answer to that would be at least 7 1/2 months.

ZiggerZagger 08-08-2020 11:03 AM

My 5 March submissions at various pricing levels took 2-7 Calendar days (not Business days) from the Assembly phase to actual shipping. Faster for the more expensive lots.

Although I have heard that their shipping department is currently severely backed up as well. At least it's some data for you.
|

daves_resale_shop 08-08-2020 11:03 AM

Psa

My recent sub took 7+ months

robw1959 08-08-2020 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=Baseballcrazy62;2006893]Good luck. I can’t answer that question but I can answer the question “ if I sent a bulk order in before the price change at the end of 2019 how long will it sit in the research/Id phase?” The answer to that would be at least 7 1/2 months.[/QUOTE

Ha! That's just beyond crazy. I suppose on the positive side of things, we can be glad they haven't given in to the temptation to take a few shortcuts to speed up the process like Global (GAI) did. I hope you got a deep discount with that pre-2020 bulk order.

robw1959 08-08-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim F (Post 2006889)
Depends which price level you submitted at. $20 level could take another 2 weeks to a month. More expensive levels should be a few days.

Thanks, Jim. That's actually a lot faster than I had expected. It is a $20 per card submission that I shipped to them right at the end of May. It took them close to a month to discover it, so I the processing time technically began on June 25th. At their current published processing delays, I've been expecting that shipment to arrive no earlier than October. I guess we'll see . . .

bobbyw8469 08-09-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw1959 (Post 2006908)
Thanks, Jim. That's actually a lot faster than I had expected. It is a $20 per card submission that I shipped to them right at the end of May. It took them close to a month to discover it, so I the processing time technically began on June 25th. At their current published processing delays, I've been expecting that shipment to arrive no earlier than October. I guess we'll see . . .

Bulk is taking two months just to log in. I called Friday and was told they are working on June 10th currently.

shagrotn77 08-10-2020 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw1959 (Post 2006888)
My 6-card order has now reached the "assembly" phase, during which labels are printed and encapsulation takes place. Does anyone have a good idea how much longer PSA needs at this point before the order gets shipped? They only phases left are two QA (quality assurance) checks. Thanks.
--Rob

Once you’re in Assembly, it should take 7-10 days for non-expedited orders.

MikeGarcia 08-10-2020 06:17 AM

Crickets

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop (Post 2006898)
My recent sub took 7+ months

..on Feb. 22 at a show in Bradenton , Florida , I personally handed "the girl at the PSA booth/table" a dozen PSA slabbed '30's cards which had been incorrectly identified in the labels.....''mechanical '' she said sweetly , ''easy to re-encapsulate with corrected ID flips"........that was Feb. 22........ but yes a lot A LOT has happened since Feb. 22nd.......on the bright side , that February Bradenton show had a lot of 54 snowbirds and dealers we all know ; hello Mr. Dent : I still see your autographed Lou Gehrig Burke 4 x 6 in my better dreams...

bobbyw8469 08-10-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagrotn77 (Post 2007340)
Once you’re in Assembly, it should take 7-10 days for non-expedited orders.

Not true....the group sub has been in assembly for two months.

asoriano 08-10-2020 10:24 AM

My most recent sub that PSA received on 3/12 sat in Assembly for the better part of three months. I just hit QA1 status last Friday.

Throttlesteer 08-11-2020 05:16 PM

I understand supply/demand. But it seems silly that customers are being charged for a certain service level but getting something completely different. All of these QA steps and masterful ways at buying themselves more time seems silly. There are plenty of people looking for work; Cut someone loose and have them start training some new blood.

PSA may have more business than they know what to do with right now. But at some point, people are going to end up with SGC or leave their cards raw if it's taking 7+ months to get their cards back. Beckett is even worse.

Go ahead, order a pizza and we'll get it there in roughly 30 minutes. Well, it's a holiday, so you can expect 4 1/2 hours. If you want to pay us $80 for your pizza, we'll get it there in 2 1/2 hours.

bobbyw8469 08-13-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throttlesteer (Post 2007713)
I understand supply/demand. But it seems silly that customers are being charged for a certain service level but getting something completely different. All of these QA steps and masterful ways at buying themselves more time seems silly. There are plenty of people looking for work; Cut someone loose and have them start training some new blood.

PSA may have more business than they know what to do with right now. But at some point, people are going to end up with SGC or leave their cards raw if it's taking 7+ months to get their cards back. Beckett is even worse.

Go ahead, order a pizza and we'll get it there in roughly 30 minutes. Well, it's a holiday, so you can expect 4 1/2 hours. If you want to pay us $80 for your pizza, we'll get it there in 2 1/2 hours.

SGC is backed up now as well.

Republicaninmass 08-13-2020 04:40 PM

Just like anything else

Those who can afford it, will just pay it. Those who cant, wont
It could affect the future, however I have seen graded commons selling for more now, and in turn, people may opt for a higher service level.
My guess, since nobody wants to wait 7 months to grade their own. People are impatient by nature. My cards are 70 years old. If it takes a year to grade them, so be it. I dont have time to sit and look at them everyday anyhow.

50 1952 topps for march special, logged 5/13, 3 months and still in research and ID. Same year, no variations...oh well