Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay changing payments.? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=300430)

jcmtiger 04-16-2021 11:17 AM

Ebay changing payments.?

Ebay asking for partial SS #, and payment will go directly to your bank account, not PayPal ? Joe

tiger8mush 04-16-2021 11:26 AM

correct. Ebay will deposit funds directly to the seller's bank account a couple days after the sale.

jcmtiger 04-16-2021 11:30 AM

Thanks, so is PayPal going away with eBay?

jcmtiger 04-16-2021 12:13 PM

Ebay payment change for sellers

I don’t feel save giving my routing# to ebay,, anyone else? Joe

Michael B 04-16-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmtiger (Post 2093563)

You can open a separate savings account with the minimum you bank allows. Have the funds deposited in to that account then transfer out of it. Every bank has a routing number. It is the bank identifier. As long as you only provide the single bank account number you should not have any problems. I would probably not 'link' my accounts if you bank electronically.

slidekellyslide 04-16-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmtiger (Post 2093563)

I’ve had managed payment through eBay for about 9 months now with no problem. They hold your money longer than PayPal did but I have payment go through daily so I don’t really notice.

jimjim 07-04-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 2093614)
I’ve had managed payment through eBay for about 9 months now with no problem. They hold your money longer than PayPal did but I have payment go through daily so I don’t really notice.

I am late to the game, as I don't sell that much on eBay but I just had my first experience with their new payment system. The big difference is they 'hold' my money for 2-3 days as they are 'processing' it. I can't transfer to my bank account right after the sale is complete as I did on PayPal.

Essentially eBay is working the system and making interest on the 2-3 days of holding my money. Think of all that money 'on hold' and that adds up each and every day. So I am essentially giving eBay a short term interest free loan. These companies have no shame. Just like Comcast constantly raising the price on equipment that I 'lease' from them, which I have had for 12 years. Same equipment but higher prices every year.

chriskim 07-06-2021 05:28 AM

If the buyer asked for refund, will eBay withdraw money from our bank account to fund such refund? Or eBay would just put a negative balance on our account?

(I haven't been shipping items out as quick as before (2 to 3 days delay) since I want to make sure the money got deposited into my bank account before I ship out anything.)

bobbyw8469 07-06-2021 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskim (Post 2120465)
If the buyer asked for refund, will eBay withdraw money from our bank account to fund such refund? Or eBay would just put a negative balance on our account?

(I haven't been shipping items out as quick as before (2 to 3 days delay) since I want to make sure the money got deposited into my bank account before I ship out anything.)

Ebay will debit your account and use future funds to offset it. Ebay debited my account when a buyer stated he wanted to return a PSA graded ticket stub after he owned it for a month. I simply told him that I don't take returns on PSA graded items, declined his return request, and simply blocked him. The debit disappeared off my account the next day.

jingram058 07-06-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmtiger (Post 2093549)
Thanks, so is PayPal going away with eBay?

What happened to PayPal? From a buyer's point of view, when you make an eBay purchase and select the PayPal option it now takes a few minutes before "Pending" goes away. It used to be seamless and virtually instantaneous. Seems like they have gone downhill.

chriskim 07-07-2021 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2120601)
What happened to PayPal? From a buyer's point of view, when you make an eBay purchase and select the PayPal option it now takes a few minutes before "Pending" goes away. It used to be seamless and virtually instantaneous. Seems like they have gone downhill.

Yup... eBay definitely steps backward, we are back to the old date.....it is now like seller received personal check and waited until it cleared before shipping out the item. (That's how I do it now... at least)

chriskim 07-07-2021 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2120475)
Ebay will debit your account and use future funds to offset it. Ebay debited my account when a buyer stated he wanted to return a PSA graded ticket stub after he owned it for a month. I simply told him that I don't take returns on PSA graded items, declined his return request, and simply blocked him. The debit disappeared off my account the next day.

Wow... really. My experiences of eBay are buyers always win even sellers clearly indicate there's no return in their auctions, if buyers request for return/refund for whatever reasons, eBay would just debit sellers' accounts and refund those buyers because of their Buyers protection Program (or whatever that thing was called.... speaking of that program, I don't remember seeing that on eBay listing for a while, do they still have that BTW?) That's why I am more of a buyer than a seller on eBay nowadays.