Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just throw this one on the continuing pile... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=269363)

bounce 05-24-2019 05:13 PM

Just throw this one on the continuing pile...

This isn't just bad, it's ridiculously bad. Should stick to what they know, they've got plenty to deal with there already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jor...UAAOSwi3Vc3z~G

frankbmd 05-24-2019 07:53 PM

Does PWCC have changing rooms in the vault to try on your jersey assets?

Paul S 05-24-2019 08:14 PM

Wherever your ass sets, set your ass to rest. (at least that's the way I heard it, anyway. Amway. ...whatever):D

Peter_Spaeth 05-24-2019 08:15 PM

It's authenticated by Art's Artifacts.

vintagetoppsguy 05-24-2019 08:18 PM

Art's Artifacts? Anybody ever even heard of them?

Peter_Spaeth 05-24-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1880923)
Art's Artifacts? Anybody ever even heard of them?

Looks like former NFL player Art Thoms. And the COA says he obtained the signature personally.

wondo 05-24-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1880924)
Looks like former NFL player Art Thoms. And the COA says he obtained the signature personally.

OMG! The scandals just don’t stop - end of days!!!

Peter_Spaeth 05-24-2019 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

bnorth 05-24-2019 08:33 PM

I don't know guys this looks legit to me. It's not like the COA is just a plain piece of paper that anybody could print at home. Plus with the very detailed description on the COA there is no way it could be used for any other item.

bobbyw8469 05-24-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1880931)
I don't know guys this looks legit to me. It's not like the COA is just a plain piece of paper that anybody could print at home. Plus with the very detailed description on the COA there is no way it could be used for any other item.

I just don't get it. I thought PWCC was making money hand over fist. Why resort to selling such garbage?

bnorth 05-24-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1880936)
I just don't get it. I thought PWCC was making money hand over fist. Why resort to selling such garbage?

The answer is in your post.:)

wondo 05-24-2019 08:53 PM

Art Thoms played in Oakland which is on the same coast as Oregon (home of You know who). He then played one year in Philadelphia which we all know had a huge mob presence in the 70s. Plus, he shares the first name with Art Schlichter. There ya have it.

I appreciate the exposure and unraveling of fraudulent activity which is rampant and well documented. Getting tired of the pot shots based on nothing but the desire to seem relevant. It dilutes the actual issues and takes away from this board.

And, yes, I’ve had a few beers ......

Peter_Spaeth 05-24-2019 09:09 PM

One or two more and you may bid.:D

wondo 05-24-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1880943)
One or two more and you may bid.:D

Hahaha.....truth, Peter. I was also referencing previous posts which pseudo accused shill bidding. Just seems rampant.

bounce 05-24-2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondo (Post 1880939)
Art Thoms played in Oakland which is on the same coast as Oregon (home of You know who). He then played one year in Philadelphia which we all know had a huge mob presence in the 70s. Plus, he shares the first name with Art Schlichter. There ya have it.

I appreciate the exposure and unraveling of fraudulent activity which is rampant and well documented. Getting tired of the pot shots based on nothing but the desire to seem relevant. It dilutes the actual issues and takes away from this board.

And, yes, I’ve had a few beers ......

Then you should get educated. This isn’t a pot shot, it’s a fact.

That Jordan is not authentic, go compare it to any UDA Jordan.

In fact, why not trust the experts and do a Quick Opinion on it? Why didn’t PWCC do that at a minimum? I wonder...

I don’t need to desire to be relevant. My ego doesn’t require the attention. What I do desire is for forgeries to stop being pitched out into the market by uneducated or unethical sellers into the hands of uneducated buyers. This isn’t the first time they’ve listed bogus autographs with some bogus certificate. I am also sick of “position” giving people a free pass to just cash their consignment fee check with no repercussions.

Why would they sell probably THE MOST FORGED SIGNATURE IN THE MARKET without a recognized COA with it? Is it maybe because none of those companies will cert it?

There is absolutely ZERO CHANCE PSA or JSA would pass this signature as authentic, including if Michael himself walked it into their office.

And for those who don’t think you can just print up a cert that looks like that, do you really not see the blank line that just gets filled in with whatever the item is going to be? Seriously? That’s probably warning sign #1 in the hobby of a bogus signature, assuming you know absolutely nothing about autographs at all.

And finally, in person autographs from Jordan are WAAAAAAAAY SLOPPIER than the UDA signatures, and yet this one has like 5 extra letters in Michael?

WAKE UP

Steve D 05-24-2019 11:22 PM

I just checked, and the signature on the certificate, matches the signatures on ebay for Art Thoms of the Oakland Raiders.

Also, the address on the certificate matches records for the address Art Thoms of the Raiders lived at in the 1990s.

Finally, there is an "Art Thoms Locker Room" on Facebook, and the same "Art Thoms Locker Room" is listed on yellowpages.com.

Steve

Jim65 05-25-2019 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve D (Post 1880960)
I just checked, and the signature on the certificate, matches the signatures on ebay for Art Thoms of the Oakland Raiders.

So at least you're getting a real Art Thoms autograph. :)

JollyElm 05-25-2019 04:58 AM

How funny would it be if the Michael Jordan turned out to be real, but the Art Thoms on the cert was a forgery? :D

frankbmd 05-25-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1880971)
So at least you're getting a real Art Thoms autograph. :)

Art Thoms

aka

Art Toms or

Art Thomas or

Bart Thoms or

Bart Thomas

Yes folks, at Art’s Artifacts where sort of good is good enough. All of the above autographs have at least 7 of the 8 correct letters in the correct sequence and all would be certified by Art, guaranteed. And we stand behind our certs, well behind in fact. At Art’s Artifacts we consign only with the finest, or sort of fine, auction houses on eBay, like Coach’s Corner and PWCC, or you can buy directly from Art’s Locker, where getting a COA is made simple. Check us out of Facebook, like us on Twitter. Send us a photo of your item on Instagram and we’ll send you a cert saving you postage as well.

Fuddjcal 05-25-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1880936)

They are scam artists...that's why. They think they are e-bay.

bounce 06-02-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1880931)

Not picking on you here, but if this was really legit - why would it only sell for $270?

The answer is pretty easy - it's not authentic. If it was, the Jordan autograph collectors would have been bidding on it. I would have bid on it. A Jordan signed jersey is worth several times this amount if the autograph is authentic.

This is simply a non-card example of PWCC taking consignments for fees, in an area where they have no real expertise. It shows a real disregard for the hobby.

Peter_Spaeth 06-02-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce (Post 1883878)
Not picking on you here, but if this was really legit - why would it only sell for $270?

The answer is pretty easy - it's not authentic. If it was, the Jordan autograph collectors would have been bidding on it. I would have bid on it. A Jordan signed jersey is worth several times this amount if the autograph is authentic.

This is simply a non-card example of PWCC taking consignments for fees, in an area where they have no real expertise. It shows a real disregard for the hobby.

I assume Ben was being sarcastic here.

ruth-gehrig 06-02-2019 03:13 PM

More disregard.....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=259594&page=4

bounce 06-02-2019 03:35 PM

Peter - yes you're right, I missed the follow up post the first time around, and the sarcasm face on the original. NICE JOB BEN - you got me! :)

I forgot about those advertising signs - yeah that was another good one. I mean it LOOKS old, right? So it must BE old. Uh huh.

bnorth 06-02-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce (Post 1883894)
Peter - yes you're right, I missed the follow up post the first time around, and the sarcasm face on the original. NICE JOB BEN - you got me! :)

I forgot about those advertising signs - yeah that was another good one. I mean it LOOKS old, right? So it must BE old. Uh huh.

I thought it was obvious sarcasm.:) Anybody could print out one of those and change the item description to anything they want.