Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ruth signature opinions? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=139388)

ScottR81 07-18-2011 12:55 PM

Ruth signature opinions?

5 Attachment(s)
I really need more help from you guys, looks real for what i can tell but with all the technology out there with plates and auto pen what do you guys think? real or not.

Its from an ebay auction here is the seller description:

"this is an original signed babe ruth base ball. this ball has been in my family since it was originally signed for my grandmother. this ball has been authenticated by authentic autographs unlimted Drew V.Max from pawn stars. the authentication number is A20741. this ball comes with full authentication letter. the babe is in quotes making it a pre 1928 ball signed on the sweet spot making it quite valuable this ball was signed on an official national league red and black laced baseball making it even more valuable."

The seller has been nice to me, gave me his full name address in Vegas, sent me a ton more photo's. I asked him for a lifetime money back guarantee, he agreed. I even told him i would take it to the chicago sports show in August and I would have it PSA/DNA and also checked out by 2 other Authenticators. He was ok with all of this.

ScottR81 07-18-2011 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cert

Mr. Zipper 07-18-2011 01:00 PM

The Drew Max AAU COA doesn't carry much weight. I would remove that from the equation and make a decision based on the signature itself.

perezfan 07-18-2011 02:08 PM

Good advice... that Cert is detrimental, if anything.

Despite the questionable authenticity papers (and the fact that there are an overwhelming number of fakes emanating from Vegas), I think the signature and ball both look good. It would have been ambitious for a forger to bother with the inscription (when he didn't need to).

Just be careful with stuff coming from Las Vegas... all of the memorabilia shops on the strip carry fakes and they love to feature bogus Babe stuff...

Best of luck!

thecatspajamas 07-18-2011 02:28 PM

Isn't this the same ball as in your other "Ruth ball help" post? Just curious why you started another thread for the same item...?

ScottR81 07-18-2011 02:33 PM

my compter was doing funny things and the script was all over the place and couldnt continue to the posts but would allow me to make a new thread...no clue.

GrayGhost 07-18-2011 02:49 PM

Drew Max cert is yech. But, the ball looks decent, and as others have said, make a determination based on that. Then, perhaps you could send it to someone better if u wished. I think it looks good tho, from what Ive seen, but I don't have the knowledge Richard or David or someone else on here does.

David Atkatz 07-18-2011 04:00 PM

IMHO, it's good.