Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BST Question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=83799)

Archive 01-18-2007 02:46 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Matt E.</b><p>I have enjoyed buying and selling recently on the BST and hope to continue. <br /> <br />My question is.... Do we have an unwritten rule if shipping is not mentioned that you are to assume it is included? <br /><br />The email arrives thanking you for the purchase but goes on to say ADD $4 OR $5 SHIPPING FOR ONE CARD.<br /><br />Edited to say: I am a low end buyer

Archive 01-18-2007 02:48 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>IMO I dont know that there is any rule like that. But, if with the shipping cost you don't think its a good buy at that point, I'd let the seller know.

Archive 01-18-2007 02:53 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Seth B.</b><p>If the card is sent priority mail in a bubble mailer, $4 or $5 is perfectly appropriate, imo.

Archive 01-18-2007 03:01 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>i've had this happen, but i just let it go since it was still a fair deal. most of the long time members i've dealt with do indicate whether shipping is included or extra.

Archive 01-18-2007 03:03 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Joe Jones</b><p>If it does not say "shipping included", I would assume that the shipping was not covered. I dont think I have ever had to pay shipping on a bst buy though.

Archive 01-18-2007 03:29 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>I also assume the price posted is for card only unless the seller specifically states that it is a shipped price. Sometimes they add shipping, sometimes not.<br /><br />Joann

Archive 01-18-2007 03:33 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>(Be careful Joe, shipping on pins is expensive.....)<br /><br />I never get too fussed about shipping as buyer, even if it's added. As seller, I always factor it into my sell price, and never add it at the end<br /><br />Max

Archive 01-18-2007 04:06 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>If the BST description doesn't have a shipping charge then I'd assume it was included. I try to be specific with my BST ads. If there is a shipping charge then I indicate the amount. There's not much difference in shipping a card 100 miles or 2,500 miles (cross country). I've had shipping charges mentioned and the buyer didn't include the amount. Rather than hold up the transaction for a $5 payment I just said the heck with it. <br /><br />If the amount of the sale is healthy then I'd just blow it off.

Archive 01-18-2007 04:44 PM

BST Question

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>There is no rule and I always assume shipping/insurance are not included if it doesn't say anything. I always assume the worst case scenario though.....It's better if everyone posting there puts some message in regards to the cost of delivery.