Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1963 Twins catalog, pins, pennant, bobblehead, etc (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348934)

bocca001 04-29-2024 12:45 PM

1963 Twins catalog, pins, pennant, bobblehead, etc

4 Attachment(s)
I saw this posted on another site and thought people here might like to see it. It's not mine, but the owner said it was ok to post.

I especially enjoyed seeing all of the things you could get attached to a pin. My favorite is on the bottom left of page 2. Would love to see if anyone actually has a pin with a two kittens in a basket attachment.

Would be interesting to see if anyone has some of the more oddball stuff in here, for the Twins or any other team.

ooo-ribay 04-29-2024 02:41 PM

That is some awesome stuff! Love the pin dangles, the happy/sad doll and the pom pom hat! As you know, that 1960’s kitsch is right up my alley!

perezfan 04-29-2024 05:41 PM

I liked the Gun, the Knife and the Lighter. What kid doesn't want to add an element of danger? :rolleyes:

Honorable mention.... the Flashlight. Seems cumbersome to have dangling from your shirt, but cool none-the-less.

And I like how they included the ladies with the Rain Bonnet, the Kittens and the Apron. Though I'm guessing none of them were the idea of an actual female Twins Executive. ;)

MK 04-29-2024 06:10 PM

What caught my eye was the choice of Hartlands. Killebrew or Mantle. Tells you how popular the Mick was when a Minnesota Twins catalog offers him.

batsballsbases 04-30-2024 05:39 AM

Great Stuff.. Thankyou for posting...

bocca001 04-30-2024 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone just listed this "boring" one on ebay. Close, but not exactly the same as the pin in the catalog.

Joe Hunter 05-01-2024 10:04 AM

Twins Catalog

Killebrew Hartland for $2.00. Wonder if it included the box and hang tag??

Hankphenom 05-03-2024 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Hunter (Post 2430549)
Killebrew Hartland for $2.00. Wonder if it included the box and hang tag??

My guess would be yes.

Hankphenom 05-03-2024 07:02 AM

I remember a number of those same odd attachments available with a Senators pin at Griffith Stadium in the late 50s. Of course, the Senators became the Twins, and the Robertson Brothers, who were also brothers to Calvin Griffith, ran the concessions at both places. The rifle attachment at Griffith was a much larger and heavier example, however, and I know this because my Mom bought me one at a game and following a fight between us on the way home, I snapped the blade off in spite. Surprised I didn't cut my finger off doing it. So many cool items in this catalog that would be such a prize for Twins collectors today, I wonder if any have ever surfaced. The ladies apron? Wallet? Way cool! And how about the idea of selling kids knifes, guns, etc., when they got a pin? That wouldn't fly today, not a chance! Interesting that they don't mention that the autographs are all facsimile, there had to be some disappointed kids when they discovered that.

ooo-ribay 05-03-2024 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 2431020)
I remember a number of those same odd attachments available with a Senators pin at Griffith Stadium in the late 50s. Of course, the Senators became the Twins, and the Robertson Brothers, who were also brothers to Calvin Griffith, ran the concessions at both places. So many cool items in this catalog that would be such a prize for Twins collectors today, I wonder if any have ever surfaced. The ladies apron? Wallet? Way cool!

I have the Giants version of the apron. I've seen versions of other teams, as well, but can't remember which teams.

rjackson44 05-04-2024 04:42 AM

Terrific

ooo-ribay 05-08-2024 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bocca001 (Post 2430095)
I saw this posted on another site and thought people here might like to see it. It's not mine, but the owner said it was ok to post.

I especially enjoyed seeing all of the things you could get attached to a pin. My favorite is on the bottom left of page 2. Would love to see if anyone actually has a pin with a two kittens in a basket attachment.

Would be interesting to see if anyone has some of the more oddball stuff in here, for the Twins or any other team.

No kittens in a basket, but here's a puppy with a toy.

71buc 05-17-2024 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very cool, thanks for sharing! Here’s the Pirates version with the knife.

ooo-ribay 05-17-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 2435135)
Very cool, thanks for sharing! Here’s the Pirates version with the knife.

aka a "shiv." :p