Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Ever forget what day it is (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334198)

bnorth 04-15-2023 10:11 PM

Ever forget what day it is

LOL, I did today. I usually get together with friends for a few hours every Sunday. Got a group text this morning asking if everyone wanted to get together today instead. We got together and hung out like we usually do. So for some reason earlier tonight I thought it was actually Sunday and sent out PMs asking for payment for auctions I have that end Sunday night.

If you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't laugh at others.LOL

D. Bergin 04-16-2023 10:30 AM

All the time. Mostly on Wednesday night, when garbage pick-up is the next morning. :rolleyes:

My wife will tell you I'll forget what she just told me 5 minutes ago...but don't believe a word she says.

My wife will tell you I'll forget what she just told me 5 minutes ago...but don't believe a word she says.

ALR-bishop 04-16-2023 10:40 AM

It takes a big man to cry, and it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man"...Jack Handey

cubman1941 04-19-2023 05:10 AM

I retired once the end of 1996 - retired the second time in 2020. Ever since then, sometimes, I have to look at my pill boxes to remember what day it is and sometimes that doesn't even work as I forget to take a pill!!

mrreality68 04-19-2023 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2332227)
LOL, I did today. I usually get together with friends for a few hours every Sunday. Got a group text this morning asking if everyone wanted to get together today instead. We got together and hung out like we usually do. So for some reason earlier tonight I thought it was actually Sunday and sent out PMs asking for payment for auctions I have that end Sunday night.

If you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't laugh at others.LOL

Nice…..

bnorth 04-19-2023 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubman1941 (Post 2332995)
I retired once the end of 1996 - retired the second time in 2020. Ever since then, sometimes, I have to look at my pill boxes to remember what day it is and sometimes that doesn't even work as I forget to take a pill!!

LOL, I know exactly how that works as I have been retired for several years. I luckily have gotten off meds but still use the pill box for vitamins. What helps me a little is our dog also has a pill box so between the 2 of us I usually get the day correct.

Leon 04-20-2023 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2333015)
LOL, I know exactly how that works as I have been retired for several years. I luckily have gotten off meds but still use the pill box for vitamins. What helps me a little is our dog also has a pill box so between the 2 of us I usually get the day correct.

I think more dogs rescue people than people rescue dogs.
As for memory, mine sucks. That said, I might not be able to remember what I did yesterday, but I can tell you about a card transaction, and every detail, from 20 yrs ago. Go figure.

mikemb 04-20-2023 10:40 AM

Since I retired a couple of years ago, I have more trouble remembering what day it is.

I take most of my meds in the morning so my pill box lets me know what day it is, so for at least a little while I know what day of the week it is.

When I retired I put most of the monthly bills on automatic payment so I would not forget any of them. When my wife found out she thought I was a genius for doing this for her in case I got sick and went into the hospital. She would not have to worry about the bills being paid.

Mike

cubman1941 04-20-2023 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemb (Post 2333368)
Since I retired a couple of years ago, I have more trouble remembering what day it is.

I take most of my meds in the morning so my pill box lets me know what day it is, so for at least a little while I know what day of the week it is.

When I retired I put most of the monthly bills on automatic payment so I would not forget any of them. When my wife found out she thought I was a genius for doing this for her in case I got sick and went into the hospital. She would not have to worry about the bills being paid.

Mike

This is a good thing to do, for awhile. I did the same thing but then got to thinking - if I go before my wife she would have no idea what bills need to be paid and, since she is not really computer literate, the bills would end up being not paid and she would have no idea until the water and power got shut off. So I stopped paying the bills I was paying automatically with no paper coming to the house and had them coming again. I still pay them on-line but do it every month. This way, if I go before she does, the bills will come and she can pay them by check.