Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   eBay sellers not showing both sides of a card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285689)

AnkurJ 07-04-2020 05:27 PM

eBay sellers not showing both sides of a card

Looking at a relatively expensive PSA graded card on eBay. Card is graded a 1 and the seller has multiple items listed. I emailed for a picture of the reverse with no response. I understand it’s a holiday but just wonder why only one side of the card is shown. What would you do in this case? Take a chance or let it go? Obviously there’s a reason why the card is graded 1.

Eddiez 07-04-2020 05:34 PM

back

I would pass without back pic, it's not hard to post a second pic. There's probably a reason for no back pic. Just my opinion

jayshum 07-04-2020 05:38 PM

I would wait for a back scan. I am currently working on the 1935 Goudey set and have had to contact several sellers to ask for pictures of the card backs which are really needed for that set, but I usually won't buy anything without seeing both front and back, unless there is at least something in the listing saying "back clean."

JollyElm 07-04-2020 05:55 PM

What are your expectations? In other words, does the front have the typical problems that would lead it to being graded a PSA 1, or does it look better, so you would expect the back to be in much more awful shape than it 'should' be?

toppcat 07-04-2020 06:40 PM

Depends but for many cards they have lost my bid or sale.

AnkurJ 07-04-2020 06:51 PM

The front looks like a 4.....

JollyElm 07-04-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnkurJ (Post 1996349)
The front looks like a 4.....

If you have nothing else to go on, that sorta answers the question. I would ask your question again, but tell him although you're interested in it, you never buy anything without seeing the back, even if it's just a quick cell phone pic. If he still ignores you, I wouldn't waste any more time on his card.

Harliduck 07-05-2020 04:00 PM

There are 5 or 6 ebayer's that I probably buy 75% of my cards from that I trust to grade accurately enough that if they didn't show the back I would certainly trust them. Everyone else, no back no sale...I don't even take the time to ask. Been burned enough in my past...ugh

vintagebaseballcardguy 07-05-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harliduck (Post 1996555)
There are 5 or 6 ebayer's that I probably buy 75% of my cards from that I trust to grade accurately enough that if they didn't show the back I would certainly trust them. Everyone else, no back no sale...I don't even take the time to ask. Been burned enough in my past...ugh

I know what you mean. Ironically, my trusted sellers just happen to provide back scans.

wdwfan 07-05-2020 06:06 PM

I don't post back scans, but about 98% of my listings are modern where a back pick isn't necessary. Also, I don't think I've ever asked for a back pic. I just ask to make sure there's no creases, etc. I guess it's something I could/start need to doing.

mybestbretts 07-05-2020 06:29 PM

back pics

I only show the back of graded cards if they are expensive.

here2havefun 07-05-2020 10:42 PM

Assume this is in reference to the 1952 Jackie auction that ends tonight. Yeah no back pic is very frustrating. What's crazy is this seller has a bunch of higher end RAW vintage on eBay....with no back pic. Only scrolled through a few listings, but saw a raw 52 Eddie Mathews. Like, why would you ever sell that raw with no back pics? Nuts.

AnkurJ 07-07-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by here2havefun (Post 1996636)
Assume this is in reference to the 1952 Jackie auction that ends tonight. Yeah no back pic is very frustrating. What's crazy is this seller has a bunch of higher end RAW vintage on eBay....with no back pic. Only scrolled through a few listings, but saw a raw 52 Eddie Mathews. Like, why would you ever sell that raw with no back pics? Nuts.

That was the card. He did add a back pic the day the auction was ending. There were two stains likely from tape. Card sold for a strong price for the grade, but the eye appeal was exceptional.