Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Pete Resier (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=294586)

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-10-2021 12:02 PM

Pete Resier

Having died in 1981 is his autograph a tougher one like Ken Boyer and Roger Maris?

Republicaninmass 01-10-2021 12:36 PM

You dont see him to often. He was a widly popular player during his tenure, but has faded away since his playing days. Depending on the medium, he can still bring a few bucks, though much less than Boyer or Maris. He was out of MLB by 1952, making it pretty tough to find in "IN-person" auto. Although, he was in the Dodger minor league organization through the 70s if anyone remembered, I'm sure he would have signed for them.

On card, he can be pretty desirable, as there are only early issues to pick from. Anything else, not really anything to write home about.

Seven 01-10-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 2054514)
You dont see him to often. He was a widly popular player during his tenure, but has faded away since his playing days. Depending on the medium, he can still bring a few bucks, though much less than Boyer or Maris. He was out of MLB by 1952, making it pretty tough to find in "IN-person" auto. Although, he was in the Dodger minor league organization through the 70s if anyone remembered, I'm sure he would have signed for them.

On card, he can be pretty desirable, as there are only early issues to pick from. Anything else, not really anything to write home about.

It's a shame, he was very talented. Played the game hard, maybe a little too hard. I love reading about him.

mr2686 01-10-2021 01:24 PM

He's actually not that hard to find, and his prices vary all over the board from 15 bucks to 100 bucks depending. Problem is, if you collect Brooklyn Dodgers you need him, if you collect 1963 Champion Dodgers you need him as a coach, and if you collect the 1969 Cubs you need him as a coach. He actually coached several years for the Dodgers, Cubs and Angels, as well as managing in the minors. Great player who was unfortunately injury prone.

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-10-2021 02:25 PM

Was just curious as I hadn't realized how young he was when he died. We have a 1948 Bowman and a 1952 Topps signed in our upcoming auction. Thanks for the info!

earlywynnfan 01-10-2021 05:51 PM

I have a couple signed photos of his, I think he's noticeably easier than Boyer and nowhere close to the value of Maris, unfortunately.

mrmopar 01-10-2021 09:45 PM

I found him to be fairly plentiful, like Dixie Walker of the same era and close to the same time of death. Both must have signed pretty willingly.

egri 01-11-2021 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmopar (Post 2054750)
I found him to be fairly plentiful, like Dixie Walker of the same era and close to the same time of death. Both must have signed pretty willingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2054558)
Was just curious as I hadn't realized how young he was when he died. We have a 1948 Bowman and a 1952 Topps signed in our upcoming auction. Thanks for the info!

I think it depends on the medium. Dixie Walker is one of the keys to the 1953 set, and it took me a while to find one. There’s another member here who was working on the 1948 Bowman set, and Pete Resier was one of the last two or three he needed.

Kaneen 01-11-2021 01:06 PM

1948 Bowman Reiser

As one who is near completion on the signed 1948 Bowman set, I concur that Reiser is one of the 6 or 8 keys to completing the set, in terms of rarity. Someone posted a PSA encapsulated signed 48B Reiser for sale on eBay a couple weeks ago with a $399 BIN, and it sold within a day or so.

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-15-2021 06:38 AM

Well there will be a number of 1948 Bowman in the auction so hopefully I can help you out!

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-15-2021 07:27 AM

Question #2 where do you think the best place to reach the right collectors would be. We're talking thousands of autographed vintage cards including guys like Maris, Rookies for Ryan, Fisk, Schmidt big cards like 1953 Bowman Color Reese and Musial etc... Have an ad in SMR and obviously here, plus auction report, and the usual facebook stuff. Probably do a story for Sports Collector Daily, anything I'm missing?

sbfinley 01-15-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 2056132)
Question #2 where do you think the best place to reach the right collectors would be. We're talking thousands of autographed vintage cards including guys like Maris, Rookies for Ryan, Fisk, Schmidt big cards like 1953 Bowman Color Reese and Musial etc... Have an ad in SMR and obviously here, plus auction report, and the usual facebook stuff. Probably do a story for Sports Collector Daily, anything I'm missing?

It would probably be worth it to sign up at sportscollectors.net and post an auction link there. It’s focus is signed cards.

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-15-2021 10:18 PM

Thanks, wasn't familiar with that site.