Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heritage shipping delays of 3 to 5 WEEKS??? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=293801)

whiteymet 12-23-2020 03:30 PM

Heritage shipping delays of 3 to 5 WEEKS???

Hi Gang:

I assume others received the below email from Heritage. I did not see any mention of it here.

I understand USPS and other shippers are having difficulties keeping up with holiday shipments and the like, however it also seems Heritage can not handle shipping out auction winnings.

With this in mind I wounder why they are continuing to have weekly Sunday auctions and other many more non sports auctions if they can't ship in a timely manner?

Has anyone received their winnings from the December 10-13 auction yet?

Here is the email:

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, we are experiencing Delays in Processing and Shipping orders. We are also experiencing High Call Volume and High Volume of emails leading to delayed response times. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Standard shipments are being delayed 3-5 weeks due to increased safety procedures and vendor and carrier slowdowns. As soon as an order ships, each client will receive an email with their tracking number.

Hold Times are higher than usual and our response to emails sent to Bid@HA.com are also experiencing significant delays.

We are doing everything we can to expedite shipments and responses to emails and phone calls.

Fr3d mcKi3

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-23-2020 03:50 PM

When I read your title I assumed they were referring to the delivery, not the shipment.

I sympathize as we are running about a week to 10 days to get things out the door which I hate, and which will NOT be the case in 2021, but 3 to 5 weeks, yikes!

keithsky 12-23-2020 04:35 PM

3 to 5 weeks to ship your stuff off?

philo98 12-23-2020 06:12 PM

I won something in an October auction and paid same day. After 4 weeks of no notification I had to complain heavily to get my package shipped which they did.

I also won something in the Dec 10-13 auction and have delayed paying until the last day as I’m out of the country until February. Looks like it won’t matter and the package will come by March. I have found heritage to be the worst when it comes to shipping times.

Snapolit1 12-23-2020 06:31 PM

I don’t recall any past issue with them. This is eye opening.

JohnnyFinance7 12-23-2020 06:44 PM

Heritage

I received the same email a week or so back. I haven't heard anything since. I haven't received my auction winnings from the most recent auction either. I'm not sure when I'll receive it.

sycks22 12-23-2020 07:32 PM

Got mine today. Never had a problem with Heritage.

Shoeless Moe 12-23-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 2049030)

yah but it was from their May auction.

whiteymet 12-23-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 2049030)

Pete:

Got WHAT? The stuff you won or the email with the 3 -5 week notice?

Jcosta19 12-23-2020 09:20 PM

They had several HUGE auctions in December and seems they over extended themselves. They were already slow because of COVID.

I didnt win anything in the sports auctions this month but picked up 3 lots in an animation art auction that had over 2k lots total over the same weekend.
Noticed they also had a couple other big auctions running the same week.

They also over charged me for shipping by $75 and took 1.5 weeks to adjust it.

Same thing happened in Jun (also animation art) was overcharged by $150 on shipping. I'm sure most people probably just pay and don't question it.

Definitely disappointing but both times it was rectified with a few calls.

Ju$tin Co$t@

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sycks22 12-23-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 2049053)
Pete:

Got WHAT? The stuff you won or the email with the 3 -5 week notice?

I received my auction winnings from the auction that ended 2 weeks ago

whiteymet 12-24-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 2049088)
I received my auction winnings from the auction that ended 2 weeks ago

WOW! Who do you know at Heritage? :)

You get your items, I get an email saying 3 to 5 weeks. Still nothing not even an email with tracking info

Donscards 12-24-2020 03:11 PM

I also received my package from Heritage today Overnight Fedex--

whiteymet 12-24-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donscards (Post 2049276)
I also received my package from Heritage today Overnight Fedex--

Rub it in Don! :)

Mark 12-24-2020 04:32 PM

I still haven't received my winnings. I suppose it takes extra time to do all the "handling" that they charged me in the handling fee, in addition to the buyer's fee and the shipping fee.

Pack The Ripper 12-24-2020 04:41 PM

I won one lot in the big Dec auction and paid in full as soon as I was billed. I just checked my account and I still have no tracking information listed. I got the email about delayed shipping, so I'm not too surprised.

Streetsideguy 12-24-2020 09:23 PM

Paid via Wire Transfer on the first day I received the invoice. Never received any email stating that they were 3-5 weeks behind on shipping. No word from them yet on shipping my items either.

glchen 12-24-2020 10:23 PM

I paid via wire transfer the day after I received my invoice from the December auction. Then I received the email that my stuff wouldn’t be shipped for weeks like Fred did. ������

Schlesinj 12-25-2020 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streetsideguy (Post 2049389)
Paid via Wire Transfer on the first day I received the invoice. Never received any email stating that they were 3-5 weeks behind on shipping. No word from them yet on shipping my items either.

Same here. I did speak to customer service a few days ago and they did not mention an additional delay.

Oscar_Stanage 12-25-2020 01:09 PM

Rea

I had my cards from REA in hand 72 hours after the auction ended- on Dec 6 if I recall. I think certain USPS mail hubs are much worse that others.

Shoeless Moe 12-25-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid_Conroy (Post 2049538)
I had my cards from REA in hand 72 hours after the auction ended- on Dec 6 if I recall. I think certain USPS mail hubs are much worse that others.

This thread isn't about the carrier, it's about the auction house. 3-5 weeks delays before Heritage ships.

Robert Edwards and Heritage both ended early December, both had 3000+ lots, REA no delays, Heritage 3-5 weeks before they even ship.

That is the problem.

And with Heritage Reps who post on this Site, very interesting how on this topic they are dead silent.

Obviously they know this to be truth, but do not explain why.

Oscar_Stanage 12-25-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 2049553)
This thread isn't about the carrier, it's about the auction house. 3-5 weeks delays before Heritage ships.

Robert Edwards and Heritage both ended early December, both had 3000+ lots, REA no delays, Heritage 3-5 weeks before they even ship.

That is the problem.

And with Heritage Reps who post on this Site, very interesting how on this topic they are dead silent.

Thanks... the original post has an email from Heritage that cites one of the reasons for delayed shipping is "vendor and carrier slowdowns". I figured shipping delays was at least part of the problem, but if they actually have yet to ship that is pretty bad.

I am used to being treated like a king when spending a large amount of money. Perhaps the business end of Heritage does not understand where their bread is buttered.

Schlesinj 12-30-2020 06:04 PM

FYI, I just got notification my winnings were shipped from Dec Fall Sports auction Fed Ex.

111gecko 12-30-2020 06:11 PM

Just got mine today.

prestigecollectibles 12-30-2020 06:22 PM

I got my item today and it was shipped FedEx overnight

x2drich2000 12-30-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

That is the problem.

While I get your general argument, and I'm not justifying 3-5 weeks to ship is appropriate, your comparison between REA and HA has one big flaw. The 3000 HA lots are just sports. HA sells a lot more than sports including currency, art, and comics. Arguing HA does not have the appropriate staffing to support their volume might be appropriate, but making that judgment based strictly on the size of their one sport auction compared to REA I don't think is valid.

whiteymet 12-30-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles (Post 2051246)
I got my item today and it was shipped FedEx overnight

Robert:

Did you pay extra for Fed Ex overnight? If not I am wondering how you got overnight when others have said just Regular Fed Ex?

And I still have not heard that my item has been shipped

prestigecollectibles 12-30-2020 08:52 PM

I didn't pay extra or request overnight. I bought a jersey and paid $22 for shipping. A friend in California won a card that was sent overnight as well.
I've always received my items by ground I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 2051283)
Robert:

Did you pay extra for Fed Ex overnight? If not I am wondering how you got overnight when others have said just Red Ex?

And I still have not heard that my item has been shipped

trambo 12-31-2020 06:10 AM

4 winning bids. Billed and paid 12/14. Package received 12/24. They shipped fedex overnight. I also saw the notice on 12/23 but it was about 20 minutes before I got the tracking info email.

midmo 12-31-2020 07:49 AM

My Heritage package from the December 10th auction was delivered sometime last week. I had been out of town and it was here waiting for me. My REA package (to no fault of theirs) appears to be stuck in post office hell. So far it's taken 13 days to get from Chester NJ to Edison NJ. I was going to say they must be carrying it on foot, but Google maps tells me that's only a 10 hour walk...

forceplay sport 12-31-2020 09:02 AM

I wonder how they would feel about getting their payment in the same amount of time ??

Schlesinj 12-31-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlesinj (Post 2051241)
FYI, I just got notification my winnings were shipped from Dec Fall Sports auction Fed Ex.

Got it today, packaged like Fort Knox and I appreciated that.

Pack The Ripper 12-31-2020 05:03 PM

Paid in full on Dec 14.

Still not shipped. No tracking info in my account. :(

Happy New Year everyone!

pherbener 12-31-2020 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pack The Ripper (Post 2051546)
Paid in full on Dec 14.

Still not shipped. No tracking info in my account. :(

Happy New Year everyone!

Ditto for me!! Very disappointing... On a brighter note, I got my winnings from Lelands today!

hammertime 01-01-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pherbener (Post 2051555)
On a brighter note, I got my winnings from Lelands today!

They haven't even received my check yet. Sent from VA on 12/15. :(

perezfan 01-01-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

That is the problem.

Agree, and regarding the part in bold...

It is very disappointing that the Heritage Representatives freely post here when they want to promote something or have an agenda to sell. But whenever there is a legitimate issue or concern, there is nothing but dead silence.

Not only on this particular topic, but even more so with the proven altered cards they've sold in PSA holders. Despite being notified multiple times and continuously called out, they let these auctions run their course and refuse to reply to the valid and serious concerns.

I suppose they don't realize that they would gain and build credibility here simply by being honest and present when needed most. It's amazing how so many entities in this hobby manage to thrive despite themselves.

effe 01-04-2021 05:55 AM

I paid via echeck the day my invoice was ready. I guess my paltry purchase didn't even warrant the heads up email about the shipping delay.

Snapolit1 01-04-2021 07:28 AM

It's amazing how so many entities in this hobby manage to thrive despite themselves.

It's called greed. When people are greedy enough and think they are getting the deal of a lifetime they will proceed ahead at full speed, regardless of their awareness or suspicions of wrongdoing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2051798)
Agree, and regarding the part in bold...

It is very disappointing that the Heritage Representatives freely post here when they want to promote something or have an agenda to sell. But whenever there is a legitimate issue or concern, there is nothing but dead silence.

Not only on this particular topic, but even more so with the proven altered cards they've sold in PSA holders. Despite being notified multiple times and continuously called out, they let these auctions run their course and refuse to reply to the valid and serious concerns.

I suppose they don't realize that they would gain and build credibility here simply by being honest and present when needed most. It's amazing how so many entities in this hobby manage to thrive despite themselves.

whiteymet 01-04-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effe (Post 2052553)
I paid via echeck the day my invoice was ready. I guess my paltry purchase didn't even warrant the heads up email about the shipping delay.

I too received my invoice on 12/14, paid via echeck on 12/14 and still NOTHING! No shipment, no email with tracking info. NOTHING.

Stymied how others get overnight Fed Ex and I get crickets.......

drcy 01-04-2021 01:45 PM

Heritage isn't delaying shipping for fun and games. I'm sure they'd choose to have everything packed and shipped in half nanosecond if they could. The delay would be due to real practical problems.

Perhaps covid is related, and related to how workers can work or how independent companies they hire work or how many workers they can have in the same space.

Scott L. 01-04-2021 01:51 PM

I won an item in their 12/10 auction and it was delivered on 12/24 via FedEx overnight. I get the sense that if you are a repeat customer you might get some preferential treatment on the shipping end. Not saying that's right or wrong but I think it might explain why some get overnighted and others are still waiting. I don't have another explanation if that's not the case. I can understand your frustration.

Best,

Scott

pherbener 01-04-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott L. (Post 2052669)
I won an item in their 12/10 auction and it was delivered on 12/24 via FedEx overnight. I get the sense that if you are a repeat customer you might get some preferential treatment on the shipping end. Not saying that's right or wrong but I think it might explain why some get overnighted and others are still waiting. I don't have another explanation if that's not the case. I can understand your frustration.

Best,

Scott

I've been buying from them for 6 years, several times a year and have had no notice about anything. I left a message last week and another one today because I don't have time for holding 15-20 minutes as the message tells me. I wanted to bid on a few things Sunday but didn't due to the lack of communication.

Scott L. 01-04-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pherbener (Post 2052670)
I've been buying from them for 6 years, several times a year and have had no notice about anything. I left a message last week and another one today because I don't have time for holding 15-20 minutes as the message tells me. I wanted to bid on a few things Sunday but didn't due to the lack of communication.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong then!

pherbener 01-04-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott L. (Post 2052673)
Perhaps I'm completely wrong then!

It's hit or miss with them. In the past I've had them deliver items to me before I paid and thought that maybe it was because I was a repeat buyer but then it went back to normal. I understand concerns with COVID but this goes far beyond that!

effe 01-04-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 2052668)
Heritage isn't delaying shipping for fun and games. I'm sure they'd choose to have everything packed and shipped in half nanosecond if they could. The delay would be due to real practical problems.

Perhaps covid is related, and related to how workers can work or how independent companies they hire work or how many workers they can have in the same space.

I've noticed that its a recurring theme on this board that customers are willing to be patient to be so long as the seller makes a effort to communicate when there is going to be a potential delay. I'm not a first time customer and my purchase was over a grand. In my case I got nothing, not even the courtesy of the email that others seem to have received. I shouldn't have to learn about a potential month delay in shipment 2nd hand. Just before Christmas I sent them an email just to make sure there wasn't a problem with my payment or other details that I needed to address. To date I've gotten no response, nothing, not even the form letter about the delay.

Pack The Ripper 01-05-2021 03:31 PM

My lot was over $1,000 as well, but this is only my second purchase through Heritage. I got an email this afternoon saying that my package was shipped today FedEx overnight.

whiteymet 01-07-2021 12:07 AM

My winnings arrived. I believe it was sent overnight.

Only problem is the item was mis identified and once received I could clearly see it. Will be returning it.

Pat R 01-07-2021 01:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Must be the 3-5 weeks applies to corrections on the descriptions of lots too.
They were supposed to be making corrections in these two lots 2 1/2
weeks ago.

It says there are none higher for the brand/series on this Lake

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...ription-071515

but they sold one in a higher grade in another David Hall auction earlier
this year

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1...ription-071515

It says this Moeller is the only confirmed PSA example

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...ription-071515

There are at least three others

Attachment 434381

Attachment 434382

Attachment 434383

rhettyeakley 01-11-2021 09:39 PM

I was the winner of the Collection of nearly 500 Zeenut cards in an album that was offered as a single lot. I don't remember being more excited about getting a collection in the mail than I was to get this one. The description was so vague and there were so few pictures that there could literally be anything in there.

I made a video on my YOUTUBE channel going through the collection for the first time. I was hoping for a few gems hidden in there BUT I WAS COMPLETELY UNPREPARED FOR JUST HOW AMAZING THE COLLECTION ACTUALLY WAS!!!

Please check out the video a the link below...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i6BSp5rwoI

http://starsofthediamond.com/zeenutalbum.jpg

OldOriole 01-12-2021 07:24 AM

Wow!

What an incredible find! Thank you for putting together the video and walking us through it. I hope you're able to provide an update once you're able to separate some of the cards from the album. Really nice!