Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PSA Cert Number Not Found on Web Site (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=122568)

theantiquetiger 04-08-2010 04:56 PM

PSA Cert Number Not Found on Web Site

I would love to pck up this signed copy of Pete Maravich's autobiography (it came out just months before he died), but the PSA DNA Cert number on the letter is not found on their website.

Is this normal or should I take warning?

ebay Maravich Autobiography

JP 04-08-2010 05:12 PM

" PSA/DNA Certification Number 191996 was not found in the PSA/DNA Certification Database. If you believe this to be incorrect, please check the number and try again.

The PSA/DNA database is updated regularly, but a small number of certification numbers of PSA/DNA authenticated items may not appear in this database at certain times. If a certification number that you are trying to verify is not listed, please call PSA/DNA customer service at (800) 325-1121 or e-mail us at info@psadna.com. "

Maybe it was valid back in 2007, since the seller's name IS "wesellforyou2007" You need to find seller "wesellforyou2010" to get a valid one....

Fuddjcal 04-08-2010 08:41 PM

The Psa data base does not start with a number...only letters It's an "I" not a 1. As my good friend Yosemite Sam used to say..."Try it again you stupid Rabbit'. :DThere is a nice pic attached as well. Good luck and go get'em

I91996
PSA/DNA Authentication Services it is our opinion that the signature(s) is/are genuine. According to the Certification Database, this item is defined as follows:

Zoom Image Item: BOOK

Primary Signer: PISTOL PETE

Authentication Date: 11/11/2009

Result/Grade: Authentic

Notes: Inscriptions read "To Eric You have a wonderful father- keep working hard in the classrooms and the court" and "John 14:6, 27".

theantiquetiger 04-08-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 798215)
The Psa data base does not start with a number...only letters It's an "I" not a 1.

thanks for the info. Now do I get it or not??? :confused:

There is probably only a handful of these books.

BTW, I have read the book. It is a great read!!!!

GrayGhost 04-09-2010 05:34 AM

Good authenticity, pretty scarce item, your collecting focus. Long as you have the financial means, BUY IT;)

Fuddjcal 04-09-2010 09:18 AM

I would offer about 200.00 and then move on. The personalization kills the auto unless your name is Eric, you are a lawyer and you are a born again Christian and just have to have the John 4:16 stuff on it.:p

As a man named Fudd, and a 1/2 Jew consultant, I wouldn't give him 5$ for it.:D. I'd keep waiting it out until this seller takes a reality pill and drops his price by MORE than Half. These overpriced Buy it Nows with best offer have been ruining E-bay for 2 years now. You could win that in an auction for less than 100.00 IMHO.;)

theantiquetiger 04-09-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 798393)
I would offer about 200.00 and then move on. The personalization kills the auto unless your name is Eric, you are a lawyer and you are a born again Christian and just have to have the John 4:16 stuff on it.:p

As a man named Fudd, and a 1/2 Jew consultant, I wouldn't give him 5$ for it.:D. I'd keep waiting it out until this seller takes a reality pill and drops his price by MORE than Half. These overpriced Buy it Nows with best offer have been ruining E-bay for 2 years now. You could win that in an auction for less than 100.00 IMHO.;)

I contacted the seller about an offer (almost 1/2 of the BIN), and he said he would take it.

It is probably one of the rarest autographs of Pete because of his untimely death just after the release of the book.

I am torn between this book and another very rare (1 of a kind) Pete item. The other item is here in Baton Rouge and owned by a judge. He has told me it is mine when ever I come up with the money and trade of an item I have that he wants. He wants $1000 (or $700 and the trade).

As for the reality pill you speak of, even at $999, the book is a good buy (not great). I have seen check cut auto's of Pete from UD sell around $700-$800.

I just saw a SI with Pete on the cover signed by him sell for $900 (no COA, but the seller stands behind the item).

Pee Maravich autographs are a high dollar item. We are talking the GREATEST college basketball player ever!!!

And as for being a lawyer, I think Pete was referring to a basketball court, not a court of law.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 798302)
Good authenticity, pretty scarce item, your collecting focus. Long as you have the financial means, BUY IT;)

I do have the means right now to get one of these items. I sold a rare jersey in anticipation of buying a rare signed ball, and that fell through, so I got $700+ burning a hole in my pocket.

Fuddjcal 04-09-2010 12:58 PM

Just jerking your chain with the Disorder in the Court and John 4:16 comment.:D

The beauty and rarity of an autograph is in the eyes of the beholder anyway. Just making a point that if a single signed Pistol is worth 500-700, one with a personalization is worth at least half. Go make something happen because i know the feeling when you have 1 Large buring a hole in your pocket and may the best man be hammered with the Buy it Nows.:)

As my old friend Eddie used to say " Don't go cheap on me Clark", you don't want a dime store phony.

theantiquetiger 04-09-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 798461)
Just jerking your chain with the Disorder in the Court and John 4:16 comment.:D

The beauty and rarity of an autograph is in the eyes of the beholder anyway. Just making a point that if a single signed Pistol is worth 500-700, one with a personalization is worth at least half. Go make something happen because i know the feeling when you have 1 Large buring a hole in your pocket and may the best man be hammered with the Buy it Nows.:)

As my old friend Eddie used to say " Don't go cheap on me Clark", you don't want a dime store phony.

I did just pull the trigger on the item with a $650 offer!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is more than just an autograph of Pete Maravich. It is a signed copy of his book (if that makes sense), making it very rare. I would never pay $600 (or anything even close to that), just for his autograph. There are lots of Maravich autographs on the market, but this is the first book I have ever seen (now they will come out of the woodwork of course).

3and2 04-09-2010 02:20 PM

congratulations on getting your item!

GrayGhost 04-09-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3and2 (Post 798496)
congratulations on getting your item!

^

Fuddjcal 04-09-2010 05:49 PM

Way to go! Glad you got what you wanted! If it's anything like my signed copy of 1956 My Favorite Year Mantle book, it'll be a must read in the bathroom over the course of a couple of months every year! Pete would have wanted it that way. You know that Eric must have don the same thing. Check to see if the book has been flagged for being read while steaming?

Glad to see a fine collector get a item of a lifetime that will mean so much to him. Glad to play devils advocate for you, but seriously hope you enjoy It. Fudd