Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hershey Pennsylvania Auction June 5th (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=123350)

glynparson 05-03-2010 09:34 AM

Hershey Pennsylvania Auction June 5th

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/840174.htmlMy friend Auctioneer David Birmingham has added a new auction date for June 5th 2010 at the Italian lodge in Hershey Pa . The auction is right up the street about 3 blocks from Hershey Park, so drop the wife and kids off and come to the auction. The Auction does have a number of preWar cards including a T205 Ty Cobb, several T202's including A Cobb, Some Goudey's, Playballs, and other assorted preWar cards. There are also some very nice postwar lots including a nice 1968 Topps set, several Mantle cards, a Namath Rookie, 1953 Topps SGC 86 Satchell Paige, and dozens of sheets with nice cards from the 1950's-60's. There are also cards graded by PSA and SGC. I was told there are thousands of cards from the 1950's and 60's in this auction. There are also some vintage Hartland Statues and Bobble head Dolls, along with large lots of Vintage (1950-60's) yearbooks, magazines, and programs. There are also a number of nice 1950-60's complete nonsport sets and lots of cards including high grade civil war news (lot), and some pre war nonsport cards as well. David was pleased that several Net54 members showed the last time I posted it on here and he asked me to do the same for his June auction.

If anyone wants to meet up for lunch after the auction just let me know. There is a nice restaurant just down the road from the auction that I usually stop at on my way home.

mets41 05-13-2010 01:22 AM

I've known about this auction and been going since Sept., 1988. I live 2 hours away (suburban Phila.). I don't go every time--only when there's enough on the list to make the road trip worthwhile. There's a schedule conflict for me for June's auction but maybe I'll get to the following auction.

ichieh 05-13-2010 01:39 AM

do they allow online bidding?

glynparson 05-25-2010 01:32 PM

do they allow online bidding?

No unfortunately they do not allow online bidding, but they do allow phone bids to be placed prior to the Auction if you are known by the Auctioneer. If you are someone I know very well and you want to bid via phone on something let me know and I'll see what I can do with Dave allowing you to bid. See some of you there on the 5th of June.:)

Jewish-collector 05-25-2010 01:54 PM

Glyn,

If I come up there, will you buy me lunch :D:D:D:D:D

glynparson 06-03-2010 04:39 PM

Alan

It's a deal. you come to the auction and I'll buy you lunch.

Dalkiel 06-03-2010 04:58 PM

I called about leaving some bids and to say he wasn't receptive is an understatement.

Leon 06-03-2010 05:36 PM

well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalkiel (Post 814523)
I called about leaving some bids and to say he wasn't receptive is an understatement.

With a statement like that you probably need to put your full name by it or edit it. This has nothing to do with what you are saying. It is only pertaining to board rules...which have been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere recently. Thanks for your understanding, DalKiel.

Dalkiel 06-03-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 814533)
With a statement like that you probably need to put your full name by it or edit it. This has nothing to do with what you are saying. It is only pertaining to board rules...which have been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere recently. Thanks for your understanding, DalKiel.

Did I say something controversial? The guy wasn't particularly pleasant.

David Herrell

Leon 06-03-2010 05:56 PM

no but....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalkiel (Post 814537)
Did I say something controversial? The guy wasn't particularly pleasant.

David Herrell

David- Please don't take my request personally. It wasn't meant that way. I take your word that the guy wasn't pleasant. However, if anyone says something negative, publicly, about someone or some company, then they need to be known because it's only fair to the entity that is being talked about. I am sure this isn't the case but how do we know you aren't someone this company had issues with before and your comment had hidden motives? It will happen more often if anonymity is allowed, I am quite sure. Again, I am only using that as an example and realize it's not the case here. This policy is just the way it needs to be for everyone's safety and well being, imo. It's fairly well time tested too. best regards

glynparson 06-04-2010 05:22 AM

David

His rules on page one state that he does not accept absentee bids from people he does not know. That is why I asked people to contact me if they wished to bid and I would get them approved, if I know the person. In fact i did this for several board members that i know. Unfortunately I do not know you so I wouldn't have been able to help anyway.

Dalkiel 06-04-2010 08:31 AM

I don't know you, so I wouldn't have asked.

I read his rules and wrongly assumed that he was rational. I thought if I could establish contact and offered my eBay ID as a point of reference he would see there would be no issues. His reply was something to the extent of "I don't know 'nothin 'bout no eBay."

I don't know why anyone would consign with someone that refuses bidders. Not just refuses them, but doesn't even consider them no matter what reference they can offer (I even offered to leave my CC info!). Great if you're a buyer though!

Good luck!