Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T but helpful concerning paypal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=129304)

Leon 10-29-2010 04:44 PM

O/T but helpful concerning paypal

I have always advocated using Paypal's E-Checks to send and receive money. The most anyone is charged is $5 but it does take 3-4 days to hit your account (so what). That way we aren't circumventing the system and are playing by the rules. Well, for some reason, over the last xx time (a long time) I have had trouble sending e-checks. As a matter of fact the last few times I just gave up and ate some fees.

Well, I just found a blurb on their forums where it said that if you take away your backup cc card, you will then have the e-check option. So, I deleted my cc card from there and viola, there was the e-check option. So anyone that has ever had that issue of "where is that darned e-check option?", that is probably your problem. I hope someone finds this helpful. best regards

vintagechris 10-29-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 845489)
I have always advocated using Paypal's E-Checks to send and receive money. The most anyone is charged is $5 but it does take 3-4 days to hit your account (so what). That way we aren't circumventing the system and are playing by the rules. Well, for some reason, over the last xx time (a long time) I have had trouble sending e-checks. As a matter of fact the last few times I just gave up and ate some fees.

Well, I just found a blurb on their forums where it said that if you take away your backup cc card, you will then have the e-check option. So, I deleted my cc card from there and viola, there was the e-check option. So anyone that has ever had that issue of "where is that darned e-check option?", that is probably your problem. I hope someone finds this helpful. best regards

Are the fee structures to the seller the same but is capped at $5?

Leon 10-29-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagechris (Post 845491)
Are the fee structures to the seller the same but is capped at $5?

The recipient (seller) gets charged a max of $5, no matter what amount they accept, and fees will be less with lesser amounts, I believe. There aren't any fees to send it that way, of course.

Anytime you think about those huge fee charges, and don't need the money instantly, it will save you good money to take an e-check instead of an instant payment. regards

D. Bergin 10-29-2010 09:55 PM

I discovered the "Payment Owed" option recently on Paypal.

The sender actually gets charged a fee but it's only 1/2 percent.

HexsHeroes 10-30-2010 08:56 AM

Loss of CC payment option . . .

. . . if carrying a positive PayPal account balance when paying for an item less than the PayPal account balance is another quirk I have encountered.

I pay for most of my eBay purchases with another payment source (verified CC on file), but carrying a PayPal account balance trips me up from time to time. I have to withdrawal the PayPal balance to my bank account, and then (waa laa) the CC: payment option reappears.