Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Plz Go Away (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135706)

mintacular 04-14-2011 10:43 PM

Plz Go Away

Every week I have to look at you. In the beginning your starting price was kinda funny, clearly high but I could see how you might try for a week. Now the humor is turning to frustration and then some. Your card is worth no more than $50 and that is tops. Sir, the miscut top really hurts the value of this card, do you not know this? It's not cool anymore, and yes, when I made an offer for $5 I was trying to send you a message but your counter of $70 told me only that you didn't get the hint...Plz take this card down, for the love of god. And while I'm at it the $550 Ex+ '57 Mantle guy that card is worth $200-250 so I don't want to see your butt anymore either...

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/1957-Topps-20-Ha...ht_1461wt_1139

On a serious note do you have saved searches and have to look at certain card that keeps getting listed over, and over, and over....

familytoad 04-14-2011 11:00 PM

Old faithful

Cool thread...actually you've posed several good ones lately!

York Caramels Babe Ruth has been on fleaBay, same card , same price for a year or more...I occasionally look for upgrades to my complete set so the only positive about it is that I can be assured of getting one hit back from my search:cool:

Exhibitman 04-15-2011 06:41 AM

Try to think of it more as a visit to a lame museum.

36GoudeyMan 04-15-2011 11:02 AM

The 30-Day Rotating Annoyance-Fest

Same cards on a 30-day rotation, all BINs, all priced 150%++++ of VCP, all with sellers uninterested in discussing discounting prices to reflect reality (and never EVER talk about partial trade)... I've inquired, I've made offers, I've been blown off... I've watched BINs from a major-ish auction house selling on eBay whose prices are totally out of line with any genuine sense of reality (and with their own auction results). I know they'd go down 15% off their BIN, but that would bring the card to around 175% of VCP. Those cards have been out there for 3 years.... "take them down" as they are now an eyesore and a search-clogger...

Jaybird 04-15-2011 11:28 AM

I know this has been discussed many times but feel that the ebay era is ending. It is too difficult to find that diamond in the rough. Auction houses are more popular than ever and the reason is that it is too hard to wade through all of the crap to find a legitimate (not reprint or fake) item.

It feels like a score just to find a legitimate item selling by a reputable seller in an auction format. Let alone actually buying the item. Just hitting "watch item" is a major victory in today's ebay climate.

tbob 04-15-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan (Post 886996)
Same cards on a 30-day rotation, all BINs, all priced 150%++++ of VCP, all with sellers uninterested in discussing discounting prices to reflect reality (and never EVER talk about partial trade)... I've inquired, I've made offers, I've been blown off... I've watched BINs from a major-ish auction house selling on eBay whose prices are totally out of line with any genuine sense of reality (and with their own auction results). I know they'd go down 15% off their BIN, but that would bring the card to around 175% of VCP. Those cards have been out there for 3 years.... "take them down" as they are now an eyesore and a search-clogger...

Yepbg. Great inventory but cards constantly on ebay and all selling at from 2 to 5 times what they should be priced at according to completed transactions and won't budge on prices from what I have heard from other 54ers.

cobblove 04-15-2011 11:51 AM

Yes

any PSA card acution that has something similar to (8907) or

((((707))))

T206Collector 04-15-2011 01:02 PM

Saved Searches

As many of you know, I collect autographed T206 cards, so I have a lot of saved searches that involve players who I know signed T206 cards, e.g., Rube Marquard.

I have to tell you, every morning I get soooooooooo many new eBay listings for Marquard signed things -- hardly ever T206 cards, but quite often 3 x 5s, or 70s Grand Slam, or cuts, or whatever. It is hard for me to believe that anyone in their right mind would actually pay more than a few dollars for anything signed by him, unless the medium was rare.

Interestingly, as many signed Marquard things that are out there, there are even more Smokey Joe Wood and Edd Roush items. But the funny thing about them is that while their signatures are extremely common, I never, ever get an alert on a signed pre-war card of either of them. I'll get a dozen new listings every week, but never on a signed pre-war card.

bobbyw8469 04-16-2011 09:23 AM

Yepbg. Don't get me started on him. If I wanted to sell my $30 card for $250 I would do it myself. I don't need to sell it to him for him to mark it up.....

iwantitiwinit 04-16-2011 12:10 PM

"...It feels like a score just to find a legitimate item selling by a reputable seller in an auction format. Let alone actually buying the item. Just hitting "watch item" is a major victory in today's ebay climate."

I couldn't agree more. I also agree about the search clogging. I have no interest in seeing 2000 T206's listed by 707 Sportscards every other week. Do they ever sell anything?

bobbyw8469 04-17-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

I have no interest in seeing 2000 T206's listed by 707 Sportscards every other week. Do they ever sell anything?
Yes they sell some things!! That is why they do it! They always seem to find some suckers, err I mean CUSTOMERS, to pay their bloated prices all the time. Do these people not know how to do an Ebay search, for example "1959 BOB GIBSON ROOKIE PSA 6"?? If they did that, then they would see, that just MAYBE, there is no reason to pay that $150 markup when there are better looking examples more in the ballpark of being fairly priced......just my 2 cents.

T206DK 04-17-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 887232)
"...It feels like a score just to find a legitimate item selling by a reputable seller in an auction format. Let alone actually buying the item. Just hitting "watch item" is a major victory in today's ebay climate."

I couldn't agree more. I also agree about the search clogging. I have no interest in seeing 2000 T206's listed by 707 Sportscards every other week. Do they ever sell anything?

My brother is pretty sure some or most of his T cards have been available on ebay for at least 7 years now

mintacular 04-17-2011 01:44 PM

T205

On the Pre-war side this is one guy I'd like to get rid of:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-T205-LARRY-...ht_1432wt_1139