Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I have a question on this Dimaggio (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=160308)

isaac2004 12-17-2012 12:06 PM

I have a question on this Dimaggio

1 Attachment(s)
This Dimaggio looks good, has some of the key points that you need to look for, but to me, the 'J' looks to be slowly drawn. Is it just me or is that the case?

shelly 12-17-2012 02:45 PM

:(:(:(:(:(:(:( There is nothing that is good about this autograph except the ball the autograph is on.

mr2686 12-17-2012 05:26 PM

That's a really really bad Dimaggio

joed25 12-17-2012 05:32 PM

Not even close! Bad forgery.

joed25 12-17-2012 05:33 PM

I'm not sure which online auctions you are finding these at but I would stay away. Most of them sell fakes.

shelly 12-17-2012 06:13 PM

Issac, it time for you to find a real test for us. I emailed you how to tell a Mantle but enough is enough. If you really cant see garbage, buy items with a trusted cert.
If anyone things I am being anything but nice look up his history.:)

Fuddjcal 12-17-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1063884)
Issac, it time for you to find a real test for us. I emailed you how to tell a Mantle but enough is enough. If you really cant see garbage, buy items with a trusted cert.

agreed:)

isaac2004 12-17-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Oh your right Shelly, even looking at tht picture more I see how slow it is drawn. If I would have looked more, I wouldn't have wasted your time. I was too concentrated on the above and below dot to notice anything else.

bender07 12-17-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

+1. I'm looking forward to the day Isaac picks up a legit DiMaggio and Mantle so these posts can be put to rest :)

shelly 12-17-2012 07:55 PM

:):):):):):):):):):):)

isaac2004 12-17-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender07 (Post 1063923)
+1. I'm looking forward to the day Isaac picks up a legit DiMaggio and Mantle so these posts can be put to rest :)

Thanks for wishing me luck Mark, I have a legit DiMaggio already but always willing to look.

Thanks

JimStinson 12-18-2012 03:33 PM

JimStinson

You are like a wounded WILDEBEAST wandering out on the african savanna , why not stick with the herd and be safe , Let me say it again for the one millionth time. DO BUSINESS WITH REPUTABLE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN IN THIS BIZ FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE MONTHS..............Thats a crappy DiMaggio but there are plenty of bogus Joe D's that will fool you quicker than that.........Believe me give it about 30 years and you'll be an expert too. :)
Friend
JIM
---------------------
jim@stinsonsports.com

Scott Garner 12-18-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimStinson (Post 1064216)
You are like a wounded WILDEBEAST wandering out on the african savanna , why not stick with the herd and be safe , Let me say it again for the one millionth time. DO BUSINESS WITH REPUTABLE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN IN THIS BIZ FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE MONTHS..............Thats a crappy DiMaggio but there are plenty of bogus Joe D's that will fool you quicker than that.........Believe me give it about 30 years and you'll be an expert too. :)
Friend
JIM
---------------------
jim@stinsonsports.com

+100
Jim,
Extra style points for using the wounded WILDEBEAST wandering out in the african savanna reference. :)

Fuddjcal 12-18-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimstinson (Post 1064216)
you are like a wounded wildebeast wandering out on the african savanna , why not stick with the herd and be safe , let me say it again for the one millionth time. Do business with reputable people that have been in this biz for more than a couple months..............thats a crappy dimaggio but there are plenty of bogus joe d's that will fool you quicker than that.........believe me give it about 30 years and you'll be an expert too. :)
friend
jim
---------------------
jim@stinsonsports.com

+1000