Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Chief Bender Signed Business Card Help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=166272)

pooh528 03-30-2013 03:08 PM

Chief Bender Signed Business Card Help

1 Attachment(s)
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this Chief Bender signed business card? It looked decent to me, but in Ron Keurajian new hall of fame signature book he says to be very wary of signed business cards of Bender. Any thoughts would be appreciated

daves_resale_shop 03-30-2013 03:27 PM

Bender

Not an expert on Bender and I could be totally off on this one...

My gut tells me to stay away...

1-the C in Chief looks off to me, I dont like the size o the lower loop nor how it protrudes beyond the Pillar of the C...
2-B-e-n-d-e-r seems to be spaced out more than normal...
3-Also, the pen pressure seems inconsistent throughout...

Look forward to seeing some other feedback.

Hope this helps...

mighty bombjack 03-30-2013 04:09 PM

I think it looks slowly drawn and wouldn't go near it, personally.

MooseDog 03-30-2013 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
JSA slabbed Chief for comparison...

RichardSimon 03-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 1110471)
I think it looks slowly drawn and wouldn't go near it, personally.

+1,, definitely slowly drawn, avoid this one.

JimStinson 03-30-2013 04:30 PM

JimStinson

The reason the Bender business cards are perilous is that years ago, A large unsigned group of them were sold as part of his estate with other personal effects.
Its likely that a few maybe even more authentic signed cards exist but since there were so many unsigned ones sold. The odds are kinda against getting a good one.
Since his autograph is not particularly rare you might consider acquiring his autograph in a different format. There are personal checks of Bender that are offered once in awhile and they display nicely.

pooh528 03-30-2013 04:47 PM

Thanks for the input guys. It is very much appreciated. Jim: I had actually started branching into signed business cards as I think they are on the more unique side and show an interesting side to the players, so that was why i was looking at the Bender. Between Ron's book and another awful one in a coaches corner auction, it seems there must be a decent amount of bad ones floating around. A real bummer.

JimStinson 03-30-2013 04:58 PM

JimStinson

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh528 (Post 1110484)
Thanks for the input guys. It is very much appreciated. Jim: I had actually started branching into signed business cards as I think they are on the more unique side and show an interesting side to the players, so that was why i was looking at the Bender. Between Ron's book and another awful one in a coaches corner auction, it seems there must be a decent amount of bad ones floating around. A real bummer.

I see your point but sadly the hoard of unsigned cards of Bender's never ever seem to be offered for sale "unsigned". And prior to the sale I don't remember ever seeing a SIGNED one.

RichardSimon 03-30-2013 05:01 PM

We can put the Bender signed business card in the same category as 5x7 signed photos of Mantle, Williams and DiMaggio.
They are all a figment of some forgers pen.