Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Any advice on fixing sleep schedule? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=173108)

Sean1125 07-28-2013 07:00 AM

Any advice on fixing sleep schedule?

I get to leave at 2 AM for my flight out, and then the next few days start at 8 AM for national--- Anyone have any good advice for keeping a - somewhat - normal sleep schedule?

Leon 07-28-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1163824)
I get to leave at 2 AM for my flight out, and then the next few days start at 8 AM for national--- Anyone have any good advice for keeping a - somewhat - normal sleep schedule?

Forget about it. Sleep when you get back home after the National. Sleep is overrated.

Cardboard Junkie 07-28-2013 10:29 AM

Opiate based narcotics do the trick for me.:D Dave.

tiger8mush 07-28-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

How many hours sleep do you need to function vs a normal night of good sleep? Lets say u need 4 hrs to function somewhat normal, but 7-8 hrs is your "normal" amount of sleep. So go to bed at 10pm the night that you have to wake up at 2am. Maybe u'll even catch a little cat nap on the plane to add to your 4 hrs sleep. The next few nights you can still go to bed around 10pm during the national, wake up at 6am, and be ready to go.

Just a thought, good luck! :)

itjclarke 07-28-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

I'm sort of a "road warrior" in my job.. spending 50-75% of my time travelling, often in different time zones. It may be just me, but I find that it doesn't matter how early my 1st day starts for a red eye, or how tired I am.. I just power through it. Then as long as I get solid sleep that 1st night, ideally per the new time zone, I'm good to go the rest of my trip. Going East from West, it always helps me to be dead tired to that first night, so I can get to sleep earlier at acclimate to EST.

drcy 07-29-2013 12:02 AM

For a short trip, over the counter sleeping pills from a drug store can help you get sleep during different hours.

Sean1125 07-29-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itjclarke (Post 1164198)
I'm sort of a "road warrior" in my job.. spending 50-75% of my time travelling, often in different time zones. It may be just me, but I find that it doesn't matter how early my 1st day starts for a red eye, or how tired I am.. I just power through it. Then as long as I get solid sleep that 1st night, ideally per the new time zone, I'm good to go the rest of my trip. Going East from West, it always helps me to be dead tired to that first night, so I can get to sleep earlier at acclimate to EST.

Yup... Just staying awake LOL.

I've only gone through 2 energy drinks... And I hate drinking this crap...