Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy to see the usage of the auction section of the BST. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=189040)

wazoo 06-06-2014 09:05 AM

Happy to see the usage of the auction section of the BST.

I don't know about you guys, but it seems like there have been a lot more auctions than there have been in the past. Just a little observation. Not sure if you guys have noticed this as well. I'm glad to see this because its nice for the buyers to know who they're actually getting the card/memorabilia from.

rjackson44 06-06-2014 01:34 PM

Agree with wazoo:)

wolf441 06-06-2014 02:42 PM

I attribute this to Frank B's eloquent auction write ups. They utilize the finest verbiage extant!! :D

And Fred's (GoldenAge50s) Roy Mellinger T206's don't hurt either!! :D

GoldenAge50s 06-06-2014 07:16 PM

I also agree w/ Waz--There has been a nice selection of listings recently, both varied & interesting.

It is likewise a pleasure dealing w/ nice people like Steve, Octavio & many other fine N54'ers!

arc2q 06-06-2014 07:18 PM

I've only recently started using the auction link here. I like it. It is honest and open. You know you can trust the seller and there is a great mix of items recently.

gregr2 06-06-2014 07:20 PM

I'm also happy that it has been busy. Although I've been the under bidder a couple of times I've also had a couple of nice wins. I really like the fact that I am dealing with board members who are honest and legitimate.

Leon 06-08-2014 02:39 PM

I like the fact I very rarely (maybe once a month at most) need to be involved in any transactions over there. You guys police it pretty well. Please remember to always check references, you can PM me if need be, and be careful. It is caveat emptor, buyer beware. We always have a lot of new folks joining and it's impossible to know everyone so there is always a chance a scammer could mosey in. All that being said it is still quite a safe place. And if you are under 18 you need to have a parent or guardian contact me before being there. thanks ya'll...

cardsfan73 06-08-2014 03:33 PM

I have had some great pick ups in the auction section and the regular B/S/T sections. So much easier to work with folks here than dealing with the head aches that come with ebay!

shernan30 06-08-2014 03:35 PM

Because of this post I'm attempting my first BST auction.

ullmandds 06-08-2014 03:42 PM

hopefully as ebay continues down it's current sucky path...more people will use the bst.

Leon 06-08-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1285324)
hopefully as ebay continues down it's current sucky path...more people will use the bst.

I hope so too. And it's not like it's dead over there even right now. I just counted 64 different threads, in the combined categories, which have been responded in today alone.

Jayworld 06-09-2014 08:56 AM

I love the auction section; I've run about 5-6 auctions and had 3-4 successes, plus I've bid/won on 2-3 of them. Much better than eBay, and much, much better dealing with fellow Net54ers….

wilkiebaby11 06-10-2014 12:59 PM

auction

I'm giving it a test run with a few auctions.
Last week I sold a trio of random years (all HoFers) ungraded cards for about what I thought I would, so that went well.

Now I'm trying a 1981 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 9. The card/grade itself sells pretty readily and steadily, so I figure it'll be a good test run for me to see the market demand on that forum.

I'm relatively new to this site, but I love it. I find great deals as both a seller and a buyer!